1. 1. First red card ?

• 1 - 5 games in
    • 5 - 10 games in
    • 11 - 15 games in
    • 16 - 20 games in
    • 21 - 25 games in
    • 26 - 30 games in
    • 31 - 38 games in

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Barton is a bit of a balloon on the football field but he shows more passion and determination than anyone in the league. He's not a bad footballer and I'd of loved him playing for Everton. Good luck to him in Marseille - I think he'll shine.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Barton is a bit of a balloon on the football field but he shows more passion and determination than anyone in the league. He's not a bad footballer and I'd of loved him playing for Everton. Good luck to him in Marseille - I think he'll shine.

slight overstatement???

Couldnt care less about the animal really, I wouldnt be surprised if hes banned half the season!

There's a fine line between hunger and being a thug.

Players who grew up and became hard men and great players despite having a fiery edge. Souness, gerrard, ferguson, keane, McKay, bremner, lee, Reid, McMahon.

A few had altercations etc, but not on the consistent level Barton has. Good player but he is delusioned and troubled.

I don't quite understand all this hostility for this individiual, some make him out to be the incarnation of the Devil or something, just feel too much exaggerated sometimes. Maybe I don't care about this individual or don't have him in focus so all and any mischief this kid gets up to is sometimes overlooked. Yes, a bit of a snide player at times, but I don't hold him in the same disregard as Terry or Gerrard or such names. Not a player I'd really like to thump in other words. so he can't be that bad.

Perfect example of a pay as you play type of player.

Nor mine lol.

I voted for a red in his first 5 games ha ha.

He wont play for the 1st ten matches so I voted for 11-15 although thats still to soon. He will be on perfect behavior for a while when he comes back.

I don't quite understand all this hostility for this individiual, some make him out to be the incarnation of the Devil or something, just feel too much exaggerated sometimes. Maybe I don't care about this individual or don't have him in focus so all and any mischief this kid gets up to is sometimes overlooked. Yes, a bit of a snide player at times, but I don't hold him in the same disregard as Terry or Gerrard or such names. Not a player I'd really like to thump in other words. so he can't be that bad.

Well he is a fucking psycho nut who doesnt always take his bipolar medication.

Seriously though every sport has his type and they almost all end poorly. In basketball Ron Artest, Steven Jackson, Allen Iverson. In American football Terrell Owens. There are plenty of others. But the point is these athletes are millionaires, and role models, and if they cannot fulfill their obligations to represent their sport on the field and off then they don't belong on the field. Barton is a top 10 MID for England, and doesn't get a sniff of the national team. Its not people hating on him. Craig Bellamy has been a cunt in his career, and was in team GB, but Bellamy has cleaned up his act. Barton has not nor will he ever.

Perfect example of a pay as you play type of player.

He wont play for the 1st ten matches so I voted for 11-15 although thats still to soon. He will be on perfect behavior for a while when he comes back.

Well he is a fucking psycho nut who doesnt always take his bipolar medication.

Seriously though every sport has his type and they almost all end poorly. In basketball Ron Artest, Steven Jackson, Allen Iverson. In American football Terrell Owens. There are plenty of others. But the point is these athletes are millionaires, and role models, and if they cannot fulfill their obligations to represent their sport on the field and off then they don't belong on the field. Barton is a top 10 MID for England, and doesn't get a sniff of the national team. Its not people hating on him. Craig Bellamy has been a cunt in his career, and was in team GB, but Bellamy has cleaned up his act. Barton has not nor will he ever.

Quit with the psychology medicine jibes dude. There are much better ways to express yourself. dry.png

Craig Bellamy has been a cunt in his career, and was in team GB, but Bellamy has cleaned up his act. Barton has not nor will he ever.

I'd put Barton in the same category of cunt as Bellamy, Neville, and Savage. They want to win and the media does its best with the propaganda to make everyone hate them. All 4 have now made strides against that reputation as the TV and paper media have less power.

Then you have the proper horrible cunts like Terry, Gerrard, and Rio (disgusting, yet fitting, that all 3 have captained the national team) who are disgusting selfish creatures.

Quit with the psychology medicine jibes dude. There are much better ways to express yourself. dry.png

My apologies. I have no intention to offend. I guess a better way of expressing Barton is that he lacks compassion and respect for others.

I'd put Barton in the same category of cunt as Bellamy, Neville, and Savage. They want to win and the media does its best with the propaganda to make everyone hate them. All 4 have now made strides against that reputation as the TV and paper media have less power.

Then you have the proper horrible cunts like Terry, Gerrard, and Rio (disgusting, yet fitting, that all 3 have captained the national team) who are disgusting selfish creatures.

It really doesn't make how that works out. It definitely sends the wrong message to the kids.

My apologies. I have no intention to offend. I guess a better way of expressing Barton is that he lacks compassion and respect for others.

It really doesn't make how that works out. It definitely sends the wrong message to the kids.

That's cool mate. One or two of us here have a few psychological issues of our own, but we're not all 'fucking psycho nuts' lol, although some might argue it was a good description ha ha. laugh.png

He was on Twitter a few days talking about it, I don't think he'll be playing for QPR this season but I don't think he'll be playing for Marseille either. I know it'll cause up-roar but I'll say it again - David Moyes should have a punt on him.

why? when he's out for another ten games through suspension..he's a prick...and isn't really any good..certainly nowhere near what we have

Maybe the French have more sense than the English.. Now that I thought about it a bit more (albeit a few seconds), maybe I just wouldn't want Barton at Everton. I don't have a problem with the player or as an individual, but he reminds me a bit too much of Gerrard sometimes, and simply is nowhere near the same caliber of player of the shite captain. I couldn't get excited about it (in a truly professional acquisition sense), having the player here, and really, with the players we have and new recruits recently, we don't need him on board in all honesty.

I've always kept an open mind about Barton, but it closes as each season passes. He has a furious temper that he can't control, and is constantly a walking time bomb. I think it would do him good if the FA handed him a last chance suspended permanent ban, and the law offered him a suspended prison sentence.

If he came to Everton, he would destroy any spirit we have, and spirit is the soul of our club. I don't hate the guy, but more sympathise with his inability to control his emotions as it has clearly had a detrimental effect on his career. Kind of like the way the mother bird sympathises with the snake as it falls from the top of the tree. She just knows the hissy bitch will strike again as it's what snakes do.