1. 1. First red card ?

• 1 - 5 games in
    • 5 - 10 games in
    • 11 - 15 games in
    • 16 - 20 games in
    • 21 - 25 games in
    • 26 - 30 games in
    • 31 - 38 games in

did i say they should go unpunished? i'm not defending the others..i'm just sayin your defence of barton using the other person started it as an excuse is pathetic

I'm saying the punishment is too severe, not that he doesn't deserve to be punished. Someone cheating should be taken in to account especially when the referee could clearly see what was going on and let it slide because it was against Barton. The ref and Tevez are bigger culprits for the incidents as a whole.

no..he did 4 things that warrant 3 match bans..the others should have been punished alongside him i agree..but barton is such a clown he can't just look the other way when people are winding him up..it works and that's why they do it..he's an absolute idiot..if you have a temper don't show it or other teams will exploit it..city did..got the reaction they wanted and barton got what he deserved..they knew him as a kid so they knew he's always been like that..can't help himself..that is why he's a dickhead and really not worth riskin a spot on the field

Everybody with anger management issues aren't 'dickheads' or ass clowns or Belters(?!) , (Grand Old Team terminology I never quite understood, but a derogatory remark that is appropriate for what we have here), but it's up to the individual on how they channel it. Barton isn't the only one who ever got angry on a soccer field, but it's true, that the kid could go about his business a little more discreetly, or not always rise to provocation, it can be done, regardless of how short a fuse any one individual may have, I talk from my own experiences. I see all what is being said, and the fact of the matter seems, there are a fair number of players out there who are easily riled, some look the other way and just get on with what they are paid to do, and some react or cause a scene. Barton would appear to be the latter. But as some other participants have made a note of saying, I don't think he's quite the snide player some make out, or the epitome of evil. I think we will just have to agree to disagree on this issue.

Everybody with anger management issues aren't 'dickheads' or ass clowns or Belters(?!) , (Grand Old Team terminology I never quite understood, but a derogatory remark that is appropriate for what we have here), but it's up to the individual on how they channel it. Barton isn't the only one who ever got angry on a soccer field, but it's true, that the kid could go about his business a little more discreetly, or not always rise to provocation, it can be done, regardless of how short a fuse any one individual may have, I talk from my own experiences. I see all what is being said, and the fact of the matter seems, there are a fair number of players out there who are easily riled, some look the other way and just get on with what they are paid to do, and some react or cause a scene. Barton would appear to be the latter. But as some other participants have made a note of saying, I don't think he's quite the snide player some make out, or the epitome of evil. I think we will just have to agree to disagree on this issue.

Joey ? Is that you ? biggrin.png

• 4 months later...

orcnawxmqh5z4e3nn6df_normal.jpeg

I love a pint but never took drugs in my life be careful what you say England international

3d6ff64faa9ae311d769e841fc0b4612_normal.jpeg

Sniffed and gambled all your dough. What a waste. Left kids and wife, cos u pulled a young bird. Tragic. Now do one Tourette's face!
Edited by pete0

• 4 weeks later...

The lad is an idiot. Last year Muamba almost died on the pitch, if he watches alot of players, they pray when they are coming off the pitch - maybe thankful that they are in one piece. Twitter isn't a place to critice

He has far too much to say, and he thinks this "im off to read a bit of Nietzsche" means he's kidding people then he's mistaken.

Martin Samuel exposed him for the fake he is with clever but a little bit naughty journalism. Somehow suggesting that the 'gay hero' football needs could be Joey barton. The brave man who can then be the one who says "so what, now lets move on with life" - given he is a modern thinking man.

Barton, instead of taking the intelligent approach and stating "I get what Samuel is saying there, I would like to think that if I was gay, I would have the courage to stand up and make an important step. As it happens I am not, but I would fully support any player who does make such a brave step"

What does Joey do - takes to twitter to announce that he's gonna sue him for the comments and that he doesn't need the money.

He missed the irony and fell right into samuels trap of exposing himself as a bit of caveman.

Never mind eh Joey, some people may fall for your fake intelligence. Probably find them in quiggans in town, listening to mumford and sons, radiohead, etc etc and clutching a copy of the great gatsby sipping on a skinny latte.

Edited by Hafnia

You could have left it at that and been spot on....but I enjoyed the rest of ittongue.png .

He's beneath contempt for me; you just have to laugh at him.

The only guilty pleasures i've had from barton was his dig on Gamst Pedersen (who I cant stand) along with him being 100% correct about the england team egos.

The only guilty pleasures i've had from barton was his dig on Gamst Pedersen (who I cant stand) along with him being 100% correct about the england team egos.

He spouts so much shit about everything that he's bound to occasionally get something right....probably by accident. Even Robbie Savage says something I agree with once a month or sosmile.png .

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...