IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Barca are rubbish, not scored for 25 minutes now :shaking fist:

Neymar and Iniesta on for Sanchez and Messi. Shame really, I wanted to see how Messi and Neymar would link up.

edit: seconds later they score, thanks to a hilarious defensive cockup... 7-0 with 20m to play

Edited by Matt

This Man City vs Newcastle game looks on paper like it should be a good one. Newcastle have got some very good players and they should be hard to beat with that line-up.

Havent seen City in preseason but it doesnt sound like they have been firing and they have set up quite orthodox on paper. I think I would be happy if they set up to us like that. I might take that back in a couple of hours though!

This Man City vs Newcastle game looks on paper like it should be a good one. Newcastle have got some very good players and they should be hard to beat with that line-up.

Havent seen City in preseason but it doesnt sound like they have been firing and they have set up quite orthodox on paper. I think I would be happy if they set up to us like that. I might take that back in a couple of hours though!

cant see anything but a whitewash for City. Their team is scary on paper! Edited by Matt

Only player i could see getting in our team would maybe be Ben arfa but on the left and possibly Sissoko.

Sod 2 hours I take it back now. Tearing Newcastle apart down the right.

:lol:

Only player i could see getting in our team would maybe be Ben arfa but on the left and possibly Sissoko.

:lol:

Yeh and possibly Krul/Tiote but they certainly arent mugs and they should be able to hold their own so to speak.

Their biggest problem is that they are managed by Pardew!

Man City pressing pretty high up the pitch and quite aggressively. When they move it quickly they look very dangerous.

Newcastle making them look good though.

They are always backing off. Even when someone has the balls to actively put pressure on one of their players, they can simply pass it horizontally to someone who's defender will be 5 yards off of him.

They are always backing off. Even when someone has the balls to actively put pressure on one of their players, they can simply pass it horizontally to someone who's defender will be 5 yards off of him.

Yeh on paper they look set up to compete but the reality is they havent even tried. No pressure, poor shape and poor discipline.

Agree on Cabaye, if we sold Felli for 25mil I would love to get McCarthy and Cabaye although not aure that would be enough!

Not really a Cisse fan though tbh. Doesnt do enough but can score a worldie.

I'd have Krul over Howard, either of Cabaye/Tioté/Sissoko over Osman/Gibson, Cissé/Rémy over our centre forwards and Ben Arfa over Mirallas and Pienaar. Ben Arfa and Cabaye (who isn't playing today of course) in particular are two very good players imo.

Agree on Cabaye over Gibson but I was going on who is playing. I said I Would have Ben Arfa over pienaar but not Mirallas. Mirallas and Ben arfa on opposite wings would be lethal though.

Laughed straight away at Taylor holding his hip after the handball. How many times has he done that? It was definitely a swing at Aguero though as they were just talking about the handball before it. He's a whopper Taylor, and a shit player to boot.

Just because he didnt connect full force doesn't make it ok. He purposely tried to do it. That's what matters.

It was a crazy decision to do that.

Aguero also made a big deal about it. Could've just stood up and got on with it. It's a booking, at most...