IGNORED

Vadis Odjidja Ofoe

Yeah, he's not motivated to play for Bruges anymore. You can see that clearly, he's been in Bruges for too long. If he goes to a better league he will show his world class again. No doubt about it.

The money he gets paid should be motivation enough to perform for Club Brugge or any other club really. I don't really know much about him but if he's that sort of character I would prefer we looked somewhere else.

The money he gets paid should be motivation enough to perform for Club Brugge or any other club really. I don't really know much about him but if he's that sort of character I would prefer we looked somewhere else.

he's the most depressed looking player i've ever seen. Never smiles, usually doesn't look like he wants to do too much effort (even though he's very capable), always looks down...

There are not many players who get stuck for 4 years with the same team when they clearly have a lot more talent. I can understand him, he should play for a better team at the age of 23.

There are not many players who get stuck for 4 years with the same team when they clearly have a lot more talent. I can understand him, he should play for a better team at the age of 23.

You're an Anderlecht or Standard fan aren't you? :P Let me tell you, Odjidja is the kind of players that Club Brugge should consist of. Unfortunately, that's not the case for most of them. So the "too long at Club Brugge" story only counts for his personal perception of his club.

We'll see if his performances would improve after a transfer. I'd say he hasn't been the same since that period when he got injured and his mother died.

You're an Anderlecht or Standard fan aren't you? tongue.png Let me tell you, Odjidja is the kind of players that Club Brugge should consist of. Unfortunately, that's not the case for most of them. So the "too long at Club Brugge" story only counts for his personal perception of his club.

We'll see if his performances would improve after a transfer. I'd say he hasn't been the same since that period when he got injured and his mother died.

No, I'm a Belgian Ajaxfan and really don't mind who wins the title in Belgium. You can ask my friends, I'm extremely objective about the Belgian League.

Edited by Big Fella 25

I want Odjidja here, I think he would be great for Everton but as the article said, there may be areas where we need new players more. I dont think DM thought about getting a new CB in the summer. He had Distin, Jags, Heitinga and Duffy. Now we see that Heitinga isnt delivering the goods. (shame, we all know he can be brilliant) and I think that he is tempted to bring in Lescott ahead of Odjidja

I want Odjidja here, I think he would be great for Everton but as the article said, there may be areas where we need new players more. I dont think DM thought about getting a new CB in the summer. He had Distin, Jags, Heitinga and Duffy. Now we see that Heitinga isnt delivering the goods. (shame, we all know he can be brilliant) and I think that he is tempted to bring in Lescott ahead of Odjidja

Yeah and you know, now I've reflected on EFC's financial situation, I'm getting a bit more enthusiastic towards Odjidja, not because I think he's a star, but because he has a pretty high resale potantial, if DM can get him on track. Same counts for Malanda, who is more of a puristic defensive midfielder (Vadis is more of a creative fellow) But Malanda is going to need some time to learn. He's only 18.

Has he really been that bad for Brugge this season or is he dissappointing due to massive expectations?

He just gave the impression that he didn't feel like playing. He is talented, that's for sure, but he seems demotivated. terrible passes, lack of any actions... I don't know why that is. Although, every now and then he performs magic and you wonder; where did that come from all of a sudden? If you can get him on track, he's pretty awesome. But you need to figure out how to.

Yeah, 10 years ago there were 3 massive talents in the youth academy of Anderlecht. Vanden Borre was the biggest talent, Kompany and Vadis were on the same level. Vadis expected that he would play every game for the first squad of Anderlecht at the age of 18, but that didn't happen so he left to Hamburger SV. In Hamburger SV he found out that he was too young to live alone in a foreign country. So he wanted to go back to Belgium 1 year later, but not to Anderlecht, he was still disappointed that they didn't give him enough chances (that was a fact). So he went to Club Bruges, there he became a regular starter immediately and proved he was a massive talent. But after 3 years Club Bruges, his motivation disappeared and 1 year later it is still gone. He really seemed to be excited about a transfer to Everton last summer, but that transfer failed also.

Maybe he just found it hard to motivate himself if he had psychologically signed for EFC, only to be thwarted at the last minute.

He lost his motivation around the time when he got injured last season. It's probably not done to make these assumptions, but since you ask, this is also the time when he suffered under the burden of his stephmother being terminally ill and eventually passing away. I believe he also lost his biological mother around that time. It saddened him a lot and he hasn't been the same since that period. But out of politeness I won't claim that there is a causal connection between these 2 facts.

Edited by Mirallas