IGNORED

Vadis Odjidja Ofoe

Could be, but I've never seen anything special from him. He's 26 as well. However, Maxime Lestienne is a player who'll one day do well in a bigger league imo.

I think the opposite. I think Refaelov is very much of an EPL style player. He knows how to score, his positioning is good, he has good actions in his feet. Lestienne isn't really like that, for some reason I can't see him succeed in England. I'm not all for youtube videos, but for the people who don't know Refaelov, this one is very representative of what he does in the pitch:

Today as well he is the best guy on the pitch if you ask me.

In fact, Club Bruges had to do a bit of an effort to keep him last summer, cause there were teams in england apparently trying to sign him.

Edited by Mirallas

I almost never agree with Mirallas. Refaelov has some strong skills, but he will never make it in a team from the level of Everton. Lestienne is a much better player and also 6 years younger. Lestienne is stronger, faster, plays much smarter, has a better technique, scores very easily, even defends well. Refaelov is just a little bit better in dribbling, that's all.

I almost never agree with Mirallas. Refaelov has some strong skills, but he will never make it in a team from the level of Everton. Lestienne is a much better player and also 6 years younger. Lestienne is stronger, faster, plays much smarter, has a better technique, scores very easily, even defends well. Refaelov is just a little bit better in dribbling, that's all.

First of all, Lestienne is definitely not what I would call an intelligent player. He just goes and goes. Refaelov scores at least as easily. Rafa is not "just a little bit better at dribbling", he can tear up a defense with his technique, Lestienne does it with his speed. But you need a smart player like Refaelov to perform the magic that he does. Refaelov is very underrated, whereas Lestienne is a hyped player. I'm sure the interest from EPL teams in Refaelov didn't come out of nowhere ;)

First of all, Lestienne is definitely not what I would call an intelligent player. He just goes and goes. Refaelov scores at least as easily. Rafa is not "just a little bit better at dribbling", he can tear up a defense with his technique, Lestienne does it with his speed. But you need a smart player like Refaelov to perform the magic that he does. Refaelov is very underrated, whereas Lestienne is a hyped player. I'm sure the interest from EPL teams in Refaelov didn't come out of nowhere wink.png

When I see Refaelov play, I always think, OMG such a retarded player. Always takes the wrong and stupid decisions. Even in the compilation you posted he could score easily and chose for a retarded pass aside. That is so typical for him.

Lestienne is a very smart player, always chooses for the right solution and has very smart runs. So we completely disagree again wink.png

Edited by Big Fella 25

And what do you feel about Odjidja? smile.png

I feel like it might take a while to teach him how to play in a well organised system, cause he never has. He's a player that can give lots of creative impulses and is simply a very good footballer. Although I don't know what's going on inside that head of his, so it's really hard to predict how he'd do. Some would compare him to Dembele, but really, Odjidja still has a LOT to learn to have the same influence Dembele has and Dembele is perhaps a bit better with the whole dribbling thing, even though Odjidja has some skills of his own on that matter.

Some would compare him to Dembele, but really, Odjidja still has a LOT to learn

Some who are completely delusional yes

Dembele is perhaps a bit better with the whole dribbling thing

You're having a laugh right ?

I've never seen someone overrate players more than you "Mirallas", it's ok to be chauvinistic but you seem to actually believe the things you're saying.

Odjidja & Refaelov are mediocre, good enough for a weak Belgian side ( which Brugge currently are ) but nowhere near good enough for a EPL team, I don't need to remind you the games against a weak Newcastle B right ? It would have been a trashing Villa-style if they fielded their A-players.

Odjidja is basically Vanden Borre MK2, lots of potential but never consistent, when his moral drops it drops hard.

If there's one player Everton should go for from the Belgian league then it's Malanda who apparently already has lured a couple of Everton scouts this season, affordable and a future worldbeater in my eyes.

Gily, first of all, because a player is just nearly good enough for a Belgian top team, doesn't mean he won't make a career in the EPL. There is something like a "footballing style" which determines much more how well a player will perform in a different competition, much rather than his performances. Here's something that should make it all clear ;)

NIKICA JELAVIC

Failed at a mediocre Belgian team. I'm not saying you do, but don't follow everything the popular media say. You're blessed with your own mind and insights. When I say Refaelov is fit for the premier league, then that's because I recognize something in him that I also recognize today in the EPL. I'm not saying he's good enough for, say, Tottenham or Arsenal, but neither is Kevin Mirallas. Keep in mind that Rafa is a misfit at Club Brugge when it comes to footballing style. (that's why Lestienne is so good at Club) and still, Refaelov determines games.

I agree with your comparison between Odjidja and Vanden Borre. they have quite some things in common, but Vanden Borre is the more extreme of the 2. I'd also say Vanden Borre needs strictness and disciplin, whereas Odjidja probably could do with some mental liberation, just to get things in order again mentally.

I do think you prematurely hail Malanda. He has potential and that's about it at this point. He's too young to have proven anything and still has a lot to learn. You can't have any idea where he'll be in 4 years from now. He is not an alternative to Odjidja by any means. At this point, Malanda would be nothing else than a fine addition to your youth players.

Gily, first of all, because a player is just nearly good enough for a Belgian top team, doesn't mean he won't make a career in the EPL. There is something like a "footballing style" which determines much more how well a player will perform in a different competition, much rather than his performances. Here's something that should make it all clear wink.png

NIKICA JELAVIC

Failed at a mediocre Belgian team. I'm not saying you do, but don't follow everything the popular media say. You're blessed with your own mind and insights. When I say Refaelov is fit for the premier league, then that's because I recognize something in him that I also recognize today in the EPL. I'm not saying he's good enough for, say, Tottenham or Arsenal, but neither is Kevin Mirallas. Keep in mind that Rafa is a misfit at Club Brugge when it comes to footballing style. (that's why Lestienne is so good at Club) and still, Refaelov determines games.

I agree with your comparison between Odjidja and Vanden Borre. they have quite some things in common, but Vanden Borre is the more extreme of the 2. I'd also say Vanden Borre needs strictness and disciplin, whereas Odjidja probably could do with some mental liberation, just to get things in order again mentally.

I do think you prematurely hail Malanda. He has potential and that's about it at this point. He's too young to have proven anything and still has a lot to learn. You can't have any idea where he'll be in 4 years from now. He is not an alternative to Odjidja by any means. At this point, Malanda would be nothing else than a fine addition to your youth players.

Not good enough for Spurs or Arsenal, but good enough for us? huh.png

Gily, first of all, because a player is just nearly good enough for a Belgian top team, doesn't mean he won't make a career in the EPL. There is something like a "footballing style" which determines much more how well a player will perform in a different competition, much rather than his performances. Here's something that should make it all clear wink.png

NIKICA JELAVIC

Malanda is together with Berrier the most important factor of the incredible season of Zulte-Waregem. Thanks to an 18 year old boy they are second in the Belgian League. I'm sure he would also show his world class in European games, but Zulte-Waregem doesn't play European games sadly enough. His coach, Francky Dury, said: "This player is too good for us, I'm sure he will leave after this season.". So I hope he comes to Everton.

Edited by Big Fella 25

Yeah, and Mirallas will never be a player from the Arsenal or Spurs level, like...wtf

Pienaar was proven obsolete as well. Face it, boys, Everton have overperformed all this time and that's why I like this team so much.

Mirallas ultimately ditched Arsenal for Everton cause he wanted chances to play. And he's right. At Arsenal it wouldn't be the same as here.

Pienaar was proven obsolete as well. Face it, boys, Everton have overperformed all this time and that's why I like this team so much.

Mirallas ultimately ditched Arsenal for Everton cause he wanted chances to play. And he's right. At Arsenal it wouldn't be the same as here.

I don't think Everton are overperforming at all.

Moyes has built a very competetive team during his stay, and they are playing very good football, especially when all fit. We have dropped points this season, that would suggest we are actually playing beneath what we are capable of.

The Everton sleeping giant has started to wake up, and the rest best watch they don't get under our feet.

Take away Fellaini and Baines, then what is EFC? Gibson, Pienaar, Osman, Jelavic, Jagielka, Coleman, Mirallas, Neville, Heits, Distin... all good lads, but will this lot make it to the Europa League?

Mirallas, I'm starting to wonder if you are an Everton fan, or just somebody who took an interest after we signed Kevin, as you seem to look for the controversial option on a regular basis.

Our team is full of quality. Just because we didn't shop in the same overpriced market as some has no reflection on our strength.

It's not about individuals, but about a team, and as a team, we are superb.

I can provocate a bit, but its never with an offensive intention. Tensions like these, or technically, 'conflicts' like these are merely meant to stretch our views. I'm a football fan, and this year I root for Chelsea and Everton. Last season I rooted for Manchester City and Chelsea (and had a blast of a season). I use my mind, but I go further than measurable facts, on which you guys seem to base your opinions. I just challenge everyone to expand their views. I'm not saying I'm right in every circumstance, but I do say I'm an added value to most discussions.

Recriminations are in any way a wrong reaction to the things I say. I don't do that with your comments neither. That's cause tensions are there to learn from and grow from. That's all I intend.

Edited by Mirallas

Yes I agree if the target is a relegation zone club, we're talking about Everton here so he has to be something special really you can't defend a player who has been out of form for the past years just because he had the odd blinder.

NIKICA JELAVIC

Failed at a mediocre Belgian team. I'm not saying you do, but don't follow everything the popular media say.

How about a real name : Romario who was denied by Anderlecht

I haven't seen Jelavic play for Zulte so your point is moot I'm not the trainer who failed to see his potential nor do I follow the Belgian media who actually are the ones hyping up your golden boy Odjidja. I never thought Odjidja was anything special, just like how I see Mbokani failing again after moving from Anderlecht while the press are licking his heels because he bullies the worst defences this country has ever seen.

I'm not saying he's good enough for, say, Tottenham or Arsenal, but neither is Kevin Mirallas.

Well isn't this ironic, weren't you the one saying Mirallas is the poor-man's Ronaldo who Everton absolutely needed to sign, he was supposedly even better than all the Arsenal players. I even remember you saying he would score 15+ goals this season while I said I would be happy for him if he managed to score 5 in the EPL. Refaelov is a big fish in a small pond, and honestly he's not even that I don't rate him at all.

Well that's part of the whole scouting game isn't it, seeing potential early on so you beat your competitors. I do believe Malanda is already capable of playing at that level, I could easily see him doing a good job in Phil's spot. Gibson is the creative one, you need a destroyer next to him which Odjidja is not. Edited by Gily

I can provocate a bit, but its never with an offensive intention. Tensions like these, or technically, 'conflicts' like these are merely meant to stretch our views. I'm a football fan, and this year I root for Chelsea and Everton. Last season I rooted for Manchester City and Chelsea (and had a blast of a season). I use my mind, but I go further than measurable facts, on which you guys seem to base your opinions. I just challenge everyone to expand their views. I'm not saying I'm right in every circumstance, but I do say I'm an added value to most discussions.

Recriminations are in any way a wrong reaction to the things I say. I don't do that with your comments neither. That's cause tensions are there to learn from and grow from. That's all I intend.

Ah, so you were joking when you wanted to cut my balls off? wink.png

I thought you were a little on the fence, hence my initial question, and I certainly don't have any problem with it. I'm sure you'll eventually fall into the Everton garden sooner or later, as it's not a bad place to have a cup of tea.

If we all think the same, then what is there to discuss?

No, Avin my point is that we should NOT all think the same, so that we can develop ourselves from that experience.

Gily, I never claimed Odjidja to be a golden boy, on the contrary. That "poor man's ronaldo" is something the media invented. last summer, I was really excited about seeing Mirallas come to the EPL. That's why I was making claims, which in my eyes, aren't even wrong. But I could have never ever said that Mirallas was better than all Arsenal players biggrin.png

BTW Rafa is a great salesman :P

Edited by Mirallas

Fourth official on twitter someone I trust when it comes to everton rumours has said we are in an advance stage in negotiations with club Brugge to bring in Odjija Ofoe on a permanent deal this would then allow hitzlspergerfree to leave is what he's said

If they're saying it then its likely to be spot on.