IGNORED

Vadis Odjidja Ofoe

Any news from the modelling agency, sorry i mean EFC on the appeal and whether we are going to or not? given Kompany's quote on him being decent and Gibbo's recent injury i would hope to see it turned over, especially if it was Bruge that delayed matters not us.

No they did not. What a complete and utter lack of professionality.

• 3 weeks later...

If we sign any more Belgians they'll be more of them at Goodison Park than Bruges the way it's going.

I've read into this kid before, and my initial reaction and still is, was I wasn't that impressed, or there was no pulses racing, or I didn't feel enthusiastic or keen or anything like that. There's every possibility he may never arrive once again, so we shall have to watch this situation closely, but from all that I can ascertain, not really a player that excites or I would even wish to see play here.

It was merely a figure of speech, I know damn well there are more Belgians in Bruges than at Goodison Park, or Liverpool or maybe even the UK as a whole.

I thought we had 3 Belgians at the club now? Fellaini, Mirallas and some other guy I can't quite remember but right you are.

Will add again, I don't think this Ofoe player may never arrive, just can't see this occuring, but we shall see, it won't be a great loss for me though.

It was merely a figure of speech, I know damn well there are more Belgians in Bruges than at Goodison Park, or Liverpool or maybe even the UK as a whole.

I thought we had 3 Belgians at the club now? Fellaini, Mirallas and some other guy I can't quite remember but right you are.

Will add again, I don't think this Ofoe player may never arrive, just can't see this occuring, but we shall see, it won't be a great loss for me though.

Some further facts:

There were more Englishmen in the town of Bruges in the 19th century that there currently are English players at Goodison Park.

There are also more Englishmen in Liverpool than there are Belgians in Bruges.

On the other hand, there are more Belgians in the Club Bruges senior team than there are Belgians and Englishmen COMBINED in the Everton FC senior team.

There is no record of any player with the Belgian/British double nationality at either Club Bruges or Everton FC.

There are no English players in the current squad of Club Bruges, but Bruges has known 3 English players in it's history: Ray Clarke (1979), Roger Davies (1976-77) and Brian Hill (1967-68).

Club Bruges lost 2 european finals in 1976 and 1978 against Liverpool FC.

There has never been any confrontation between Everton FC and Club Bruges.

Edited by Mirallas

Some further facts:

There were more Englishmen in the town of Bruges in the 19th century that there currently are English players at Goodison Park.

There are also more Englishmen in Liverpool than there are Belgians in Bruges.

On the other hand, there are more Belgians in the Club Bruges senior team than there are Belgians and Englishmen COMBINED in the Everton FC senior team.

There is no record of any player with the Belgian/British double nationality at either Club Bruges or Everton FC.

There are no English players in the current squad of Club Bruges, but Bruges has known 3 English players in it's history: Ray Clarke (1979), Roger Davies (1976-77) and Brian Hill (1967-68).

Club Bruges lost 2 european finals in 1976 and 1978 against Liverpool FC.

There has never been any confrontation between Everton FC and Club Bruges.

Pat Van Den Hauwe?

I don't think I was ever aware that Audrey Hepburn was born in Belgium, that was a first for me. But then again, a great many people aren't aware that Cary Grant was English or Bruce Wills German.

It even took me a few years to realize Kevin Sheedy was actually from Wales, without any measure of embarrassment.

Belgian beer, hmmmmm.

We should really have a Belgium thread.

And also add more Belgian players to the squad, Mignolet anyone?

Yeah I suggested Mignolet as well before, after Howard played a lousy game :P He's about as good as Vorm and Krul but isn't as popular in the footballing communities for some reason. But at least it keeps his price relatively low, and that way you get a superb and young goalkeeping talent for a decent buck.

One downside is that Sunderland have shown themselves ambitious in their transfer politics, so they'll be hesitant to let their own young talents go. Even though they still have Keiran Westwood.