IGNORED

Hi From The US

thoward18

Hey guys. I'm from New York. Tim Howard started his career as the goalkeeper for a team called the New York Metrostars (now known as Red Bull New York, where Tim Cahill now plays) and quickly became my favorite player. I know he wears 24 with you guys but he wore 18 here in NY, hence the 18 in my username. Anyway, since he joined Everton I've loosely followed the team and wanted success for Timmy's sake, but this is the first year I'm going to truly commit myself to being an Everton fan. I have a lot to learn about the history of the team, the up and coming players in the Academy, and what exactly is going on with ownership any why David Moyes has no money to use on the transfer market and such, but I think it will be fun!

So since I now want to fully follow the team, does anyone know of anywhere online I can watch the games? As you can imagine here in the US Everton won't be shown on TV unless they're playing the Man U's/Arsenal's of the league or unless no other games are being played. Even if I have to pay to watch that would be fine.

Hello thoward18, nice to meet you, welcome to our little forum. I can't help with advice on where to watch any of te games I am afraid, but perhaps one of our other USA fans can assist you with that.

As far as the club's history is concerned, ask away I am sure you will get facts and opinions in abundance. Everton were one of the founder clubs of the football league, and also a few years ago were one of the founder clubs of the Premier League. Everton have been in the top divisions of English football for more seasons that any other club.

(I am assuming you know how the football leagues are set up?)

Hello thoward18, nice to meet you, welcome to our little forum. I can't help with advice on where to watch any of te games I am afraid, but perhaps one of our other USA fans can assist you with that.

As far as the club's history is concerned, ask away I am sure you will get facts and opinions in abundance. Everton were one of the founder clubs of the football league, and also a few years ago were one of the founder clubs of the Premier League. Everton have been in the top divisions of English football for more seasons that any other club.

(I am assuming you know how the football leagues are set up?)

Haha maybe I should have been a bit more specific. I know Everton was created in 1878. I know that they were a dominant team in the 80's. I know that Liverpool is the big rival. I know they were involved in Champions league a few years ago. I know that we soId Rooney to Man U. have a very basic understanding of Everton's history. What I meant more was the specifics; important games in the team's history, important players prior to Howard coming to Everton, etc. And yes, I understand fully how the leagues are set up.

NHL Thoward....? Coming from NY, Rangers?

In terms of games...my faves include.

Everton vs Bayern Munich - 85' Cup winners Cup Semi-final.

Everton vs Liverpool - 2006 League Game

Everton vs Manchester United - 1995 FA Cup Final

Everton vs Manchester City - Jan 2010

I'm actually a HUGE New York Rangers fan.

Oh, and thoward18, if you get this, the Swansea game is on ESPN2 at 7:30 tomorrow morning. And, if you need to catch Everton's (or almost any other major team in Europe's) games online, go to thefirstrow.eu

I'll be watching and I'll make sure to point out every time Tim Howard does something well rofl.gif

...which will hopefully be more times than against Newcastle.

Sorry to keep bumping this, but who are the people I should be following on twitter? Both for Everton and Premier League tweets. Please don't say Piers Morgan haha.

Have a look through this thread.,,,

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/22188-twitter/

Official Everton list...

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertoninteractive/twitter-feeds

Very nice! Although I don't know how similar they are to Everton now that they have an owner who is willing to spend to the limit! Haha.

aha, tell me about it! I picked the Sabres a few years back because they had very similar traits to Everton. Colours being the main one, but the family environment, hard working team, never say die attitude, everything just 'fit' and then 3 seasons later Pegula takes over and it looks like he'll bank roll them...so I won't complain but it'd be nice, if we could mirror them :(

Beautiful! I live in Buffalo and make it to Sabres games often enough (you know, when the league isn't on a lockout.

Aha, annoying right?? I try to watch as many as I can online, but sometimes it's all about catch up TV! Love to get over to the FNC sometime, i've been to the Rogers Arena (whilst on a Rugby tour of BC Canada, called the GM Place at the time) and also been to The Staples Centre in LA, which were awesome. SO only the FNC to visit now :)

• 2 weeks later...