IGNORED

My take who would you buy?

Memmaclub

Is Douglas the one from Twente? I don't like him. He's strong and fast, a beast. But he can't pass, his positioning isn't always great and he's way too agressive, a hothead.

Yeah. We need a monster in defense Ours are too 'soft'. Heits has the attitude but not the build. I've seen him be brushed off a couple of teams from the bigger strikers in the league. We need a no-nonsense type of player. Douglas is a beast, who is strong and fast...Jags covers all the attributes that Douglas may not have (positioning, level headedness etc).

Think as partners, they'd be excellent.

If we were to push on and challenge we need another centre half, imo we havent been as solid since Jags/Lescott played together.

Id also love us to have a real quality centre midfielder, i dont mean Fellaini as i'm loving him behind Jelavic. I mean a real quality centre midfielder, someone who can win the ball, move play on and also hit a shot when given the opportunity. Gibson, Neville and Osman rolled into one. But we cant afford Schweinstigger.

1106 FOOTBALL

Everton manager David Moyes says the club cannot strengthen their squad in January due to a lack of transfer funds.

"I don't think we'll be looking to do any business," Moyes says. "Not because we wouldn't want to but I just don't think we will have the resources to properly do it in January."

Everton are currently 4th in the Premier League and have been beaten just once this season.

Quote from the BBC this morning, so what about the loan deal for that Belgium midfielder?

This could be a tactic to drive up the value on Fellaini? By stating that we dont have money to sign anyone signals that we arent even thinking about excepting any bids for Felli. This could make money bags like Chelsea, Man City, united etc open their big wallets.

Id certanly prefer to sell Fellaini in january over the summer. January window seems to bring out silly money and IF he is on his way id prefer silly money. Preferably in the beginning of jan to give DM time to find a good replacement.