IGNORED

My take who would you buy?

Memmaclub

Gibbo is one of the most important players in the starting line imo. Probably my third or fourth pick. (based on current form etc)

Howard

Baines

Gibson/Felli

Felli/Gibson

Jags

Pienaar

Osman

Mirallas

Jelavic

Distin or Heitinga

Hibbo, Coleman or Neville

With 10 mil id buy Toivonen or Ofoe. Starting 11 would look something like this:

...................Howard..................

Hibbo.....Jags......Distin.....Baines

..........Fellaini.........Gibson..........

Mirallas.............................Pienaar

.............Toivonen........................

...................Jelavic......................

Osman gets the boot, not because of his current form or skills. Its just that i think Gibson and Felli are better and that he wouldnt do himself justice in any other position. Osman is brilliant in the centre midfield, but Gibbo and Felli are better.

Pienaar and Mirallas better options on the wings. Toivonen would slot right in.

If we bought Ofoe instead he would take Fellis place and Felli would take Toivonens.

I like gibbo pleasant surprise but I think he would be the first person I would replace in the current team. I want someone like a pirlo with a hard tackle. I actually like the look of the argentine at WBA but I can't remember his name. Ironically I think the role arteta is playing at arsenal.

If we qualified for the Champions League I'd like to see us go for someone like Isco, but his price is rocketing at the moment. If not, Diego although he is a bit mental. We need someone class behind the striker so Felli can excel in his natural position.

Edited by pete0

I'd start saving every penny I could muster, and sadly be prepared to have to replace Fellaini.I'm still not convinced we can hang onto him.

If he did stay and I had to replace a player, it would be to find a world class right back.Hibbert proved last year against Man City I think that he can play in the middle of defence if he has to and Coleman I'm sure could be a threat anywhere on the right.So an extra nailed on right back with Hibbert and Coleman to cover that area and possibly other positions ie bulk the squad.

Distin, as good as he is will need replacing soon (unless so perhaps cover for him.Maybe Duffy will be ready?

Who would I buy.....haven't got a clue.

Gibbo is one of the most important players in the starting line imo. Probably my third or fourth pick. (based on current form etc)

Howard

Baines

Gibson/Felli

Felli/Gibson

Jags

Pienaar

Osman

Mirallas

Jelavic

Distin or Heitinga

Hibbo, Coleman or Neville

With 10 mil id buy Toivonen or Ofoe. Starting 11 would look something like this:

...................Howard..................

Hibbo.....Jags......Distin.....Baines

.............Toivonen........................

...................Jelavic......................

Osman gets the boot, not because of his current form or skills. Its just that i think Gibson and Felli are better and that he wouldnt do himself justice in any other position. Osman is brilliant in the centre midfield, but Gibbo and Felli are better.

Pienaar and Mirallas better options on the wings. Toivonen would slot right in.

If we bought Ofoe instead he would take Fellis place and Felli would take Toivonens.

Pretty much this the only change I would make is Coleman at RB. If Fellaini did go I would bring in Ofoe as His replacement for in todays world quite a small fee and I think He'd do a great job at filling Mo's size 20's

I'd love him. He's got a lot of attributes. He's tall and strong and he's had his training at Ajax so he's really gifted technically. He's a centre back, but he has actually taken corner kicks for Belgium. His long diagonal is amazing. He can be a bit shaky defensively, but Ajax play a really high line which is uncomfortable for most defenders. He can fill in at right back as well as he's got an amazing cross.

I'd love him. He's got a lot of attributes. He's tall and strong and he's had his training at Ajax so he's really gifted technically. He's a centre back, but he has actually taken corner kicks for Belgium. His long diagonal is amazing. He can be a bit shaky defensively, but Ajax play a really high line which is uncomfortable for most defenders. He can fill in at right back as well as he's got an amazing cross.

Thanks for that :). Sounds like a straight replacement for Heitinga, must be Ajax's schooling. From the little I've watched he lacked pace, or was he just hiding it a la Anichebe?

Thanks for that smile.png. Sounds like a straight replacement for Heitinga, must be Ajax's schooling. From the little I've watched he lacked pace, or was he just hiding it a la Anichebe?

I think he's average in the pace department. Certainly not slow, but also not fast enough to list is as one of his qualities. I think he's better than Heitinga tbh.

I reckon Alderweireld will cost around 8m, he's basically an inferior copy of Vertonghen/Vermaelen : Good defender but loses focus from time to time.

.................. .Howard.......................

Coleman...Jags..Distin...Baines

............Bacca.......Jelavic.............

Mirallas.............................Mertens

........................Pienaar....................

................... Jelavic.....................

..........Wanyama.........Gibson........

....................Fellaini.......................

Coleman...Jags..Martins Indi...Baines

..........Osman.........Gibson........

....................Fellaini.......................

4 very possible options all worth less than/around 10m

Bacca : this guy is phenomenal, Colombian striker playing for Bruges, scored 11 goals in 10 games so far ( and about 4 incorrect offsides ), but it's not the amount of goals it's how he takes them, honestly he reminds me a lot of Falcao.

Mertens : well you know Hazard, this is the guy that occasionally keeps him out of the national side, he's very similar just a bit smaller laugh.png

Wanyama : Celtic's beast whose drawing attention from big clubs, he would be an excellent replacement for Fellaini ( defensively ).

Martins Indi : 20 year old centre back from Feyenoord who could also act as a backup for Baines, or let Baines move a row forward. I believe that he'll be one of the best CBs in 5 years time.

Fellaini's money could actually buy 3 of them which is something to be very excited about but there's a snowball's chance in hell that this would happen dry.png

A striker is a must to help out Jela and have other options off the bench. I think we have the second oldest average team in the prem at 29 so that needs bringing down. I think depending on Garbutt, Bidwell etc will determine what we buy long term but i think we need two centre midfielders extra in the squad plus a wide man. Off the top of my head realistically speaking Romeau (chelsea), Gudetti (City, loan), Redmond (Birmingham) and boy do we need a back up goalie. Howard went down like a knackered lift for that first goal on saturday

I think that top of the list should be a creative midfielder. Someone who can pick a pass and isnt afraid to try that killer ball. Jelavic makes so many brilliant runs, but a lot of the time the ball never ends up with him because our midfield arent able to pick that pass. Essentially you want someone with Mirallas' technical ability who can also play centrally in the heart of midfield.

Although I havent seen too much of him, Christian Eriksen from Ajax looks that type of player. He can take someone on, finish brilliantly, finds space and gets in the box. Sadly he is way out of our price range!

I think that top of the list should be a creative midfielder. Someone who can pick a pass and isnt afraid to try that killer ball. Jelavic makes so many brilliant runs, but a lot of the time the ball never ends up with him because our midfield arent able to pick that pass. Essentially you want someone with Mirallas' technical ability who can also play centrally in the heart of midfield.

Although I havent seen too much of him, Christian Eriksen from Ajax looks that type of player. He can take someone on, finish brilliantly, finds space and gets in the box. Sadly he is way out of our price range!

Sounds alot like this kid, 18 yo at the moment. Formed at the same club as Vincent Kompany, Romelu Lukaku and so many more. Belgium FTW! :)

http://www.youtube.c...ed/IWqoNWFIF2U

Edited by XenderBE

There's three areas I want to strengthen. I want another holding midfielder who can pass, another winger and another striker.

One player I really like is Wilfried Bony. He's a 23-year-old Ivorian striker who plays for Vitesse Arnhem. I'm pretty sure we were linked with him before but I can't seem to find a topic. He's got 12 goals in 12 league games so far. Really powerful player who'll hold the ball up, has got decent pace and feet, good finisher. I'd love him though he'll be rather expensive, in the 6-8m range I think.

There's three areas I want to strengthen. I want another holding midfielder who can pass, another winger and another striker.

One player I really like is Wilfried Bony. He's a 23-year-old Ivorian striker who plays for Vitesse Arnhem. I'm pretty sure we were linked with him before but I can't seem to find a topic. He's got 12 goals in 12 league games so far. Really powerful player who'll hold the ball up, has got decent pace and feet, good finisher. I'd love him though he'll be rather expensive, in the 6-8m range I think.

Agree with everything you say, especially about Wilfried. I'd compare him to Drogba, though im not sure he's quite as good in the air but his strength, pace and goal scoring ability are very similar. The left winger i'd like us to take a look at is Dries Mertens (sp?) from PSV. He's similar to Mirallas, and think he could do a similar job on the left to what Mirallas does on the right. No idea how much he would cost but it's only PSV, cant be too much.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

If we'd lose Fellaini and Baines to Chelsea (I know you don't like the thought), then we got some pretty interesting swap options:

- Oriol Romeu to get an extra holding mid

- Ryan Bertrand as the new left back

- Romelu Lukaku could be a pretty perfect fit in EFC's system, and Chelsea themselves suggested the bloke to swap with Everton.

- Marko Marin might be the wing attacking option EFC needs. In fact, Mirallas is the only "real" winger forward who's playing on a good level.

- Kevin De Bruyne on a 1 season loan just for the heck of it

- Other options: Micheal Essien, Frank Lampard (wage!), Josh McEachran, Sam Hutchinson

And with some of the extra money: Mignolet from Sunderland

and thus:

Mignolet

Coleman - Jagielka - Distin - Bertrand

Gibson - Romeu

Mirallas - Pienaar - Marin

Lukaku/Jela

That, or we keep Howard as n°1, don't go for Lukaku, and instead get a season long loan for Kevin De Bruyne.

Edited by Mirallas

If we'd lose Fellaini and Baines to Chelsea (I know you don't like the thought), then we got some pretty interesting swap options:

- Oriol Romeu to get an extra holding mid

- Ryan Bertrand as the new left back

- Romelu Lukaku could be a pretty perfect fit in EFC's system, and Chelsea themselves suggested the bloke to swap with Everton.

- Marko Marin might be the wing attacking option EFC needs. In fact, Mirallas is the only "real" winger forward who's playing on a good level.

- Kevin De Bruyne on a 1 season loan just for the heck of it

- Other options: Micheal Essien, Frank Lampard (wage!), Josh McEachran, Sam Hutchinson

And with some of the extra money: Mignolet from Sunderland

and thus:

Mignolet

Coleman - Jagielka - Distin - Bertrand

Gibson - Romeu

Mirallas - Pienaar - Marin

Lukaku/Jela

That, or we keep Howard as n°1, don't go for Lukaku, and instead get a season long loan for Kevin De Bruyne.

You are clearly a wum / insane. leggit.gif

1106 FOOTBALL

Everton manager David Moyes says the club cannot strengthen their squad in January due to a lack of transfer funds.

"I don't think we'll be looking to do any business," Moyes says. "Not because we wouldn't want to but I just don't think we will have the resources to properly do it in January."

Everton are currently 4th in the Premier League and have been beaten just once this season.

Quote from the BBC this morning, so what about the loan deal for that Belgium midfielder?