IGNORED

FA Cup draw

MikeO

Does anyone know of any way I could tickets for this game?

I very rarely get to games but only 20 miles away whichever team we have to play, or is my only possible solution to try and get tickets for the home areas?

I think it'll be difficult....we sell out virtually every away allocation and neither ground is that far from Liverpool.

Might be worth (if you're that close) going to the game at Cheltenham tomorrow, they're expecting a big crowd because people will want to get an Everton ticket.....might put you in a position to at least get a home one (assuming Cheltenham win).....if Hereford win maybe try to get to one of their games if there is one before the tickets go on sale.

Far too premature for the third round draw above all else. This game will coincide with the tenth anniversary of the defeat to Shrewsbury in 2003, when Moyes of course was manager but in very early days. As always, our poor record against lower league opposition must come to the fore, and I wouldn't be surprised if either Cheltenham or Hereford manage a draw on the day, a replay may well be necessary.

This represents our only chance to win something again this season, and while I think we will get past into round four, Moyes has demonstrated time and again he simply can't quite manage a cup success and loses it at the most crucial stages, and some really should be apprehensive about this game coming up whoever it shall be. I hope it won't be another embarrassment like Oldham, Reading or Shrewsbury again in past years, but this club has had some poor results against teams we really should be beating in recent years, you could even include Leeds from this season in that. And also, this has been shown once again in league fixtures in recent months. We simply play better against bigger opposition.

Yes we'll most likely get through, it was a decent draw, but the ghosts of games past against teams of this caliber cannot be ignored. Moyes will as always, have the league as priority so hopefully we can go a long way once again like this calendar year, but as for overall winners, you can make your own judgments. Will just see this as a winnable game, but it won't be that straight forward, and then take it into further rounds and see just how far we can go.

I think it'll be difficult....we sell out virtually every away allocation and neither ground is that far from Liverpool.

Might be worth (if you're that close) going to the game at Cheltenham tomorrow, they're expecting a big crowd because people will want to get an Everton ticket.....might put you in a position to at least get a home one (assuming Cheltenham win).....if Hereford win maybe try to get to one of their games if there is one before the tickets go on sale.

Thanks for the advice, can't get to game tonight unfortunately due to work, guess I'll just have to take my chances when they do go on sale. Well that or find a Cheltenham ticket holder who can't or inexplicably doesnt want to go!

And that was the final score from Edgar Street or wherever they play home fixtures now.

Scrub that, it was at Cheltenham and their home venue, and the two sides will play again to see who the opposition will be in January. I had half expected it to be finished on the day now, as with all other FA cup games this season, and the FA will have erased replays, it would have been no surprise, but we will have to wait a bit longer to see just who our opponents will be next year now. (It is in Janaury isn't it, I just know how much they mess around with every damn thing) I.E. No Third Round games in December ? (It can only be a matter of time)

I hope if it is Hereford, they don't parade that bull around the field as they often do, but given the scale of opposition, it may well get a walk out

There's usually at least one upset each third round day, but ten years on, I do feel it won't be us again.

Monday evening damn it. The place for FA cup fixtures should be on a Saturday afternoon, but what can you do.

They have really devalued and altered the integrity of this competition in recent years I feel, Finals in Cardiff, no replays if the final game is drawn, semi-finals at the national stadium etc, it has become a sorry spectacle in recent years with all what they have done.

Not happy with the Monday start, and how many people have even got ESPN. would have wanted the traditional saturday game for this event at the usual time of play, but we'll go along with it and hopefully a place in the next rounds. But previous experiences dictate we will have to be cautious with this one.

My mistake.....BT getting a fair few games next season so maybe at ESPN's expense....Jake Humphrey has left BBC F1 to present it. No idea how much it's going to cost or how easy/possible to receive.

The crazy fool, he has the best job in the world... even if he has to put up with Eddie Jordan.

I agree....but his wife is pregnant apparently so he doesn't want to be flying around the world for half the yearsmile.png .

Fair enough reason, takes a big man to give up covering the F1 in Brazil for the football in Stoke. At least he's got lots of practice discussing dodgy officials biggrin.png. Good luck to him and his family.

I would rather of had Hereford to be truthful, they would have put on more of a show for one thing.

This will be the 10th anniversary of that Shrewsbury embarrassment, and surely it can't happen again for that. There is every chance of an upset of course, we can't be too sure of ourselves, they have nothing to lose, all pressure will be ours.

Looking forward to this in the new year.

The game that is, not the new year.

You'd be surprised what Moyes can do.

Had a significant flashack tonight to Shrewsbury 2003 but didn't give it much thought, and furthermore they have eradicated past memories with some unspeakable modifications. The thing is, that's most relevant, is that this does represent another potential disaster and past experiences have left me somewhat apprehensive. You know damn well what our record is against lower league opposition in the cup tourneys as it's been a history of embarrassments, but have to imagine we are stronger in every department and are capable of winning this and entering subsequent rounds.

I don't care what anyone says, fuck the league finishes, even if it's all very well and good, this club has gone 17 years without a trophy, and I want to see that altered as soon as possible. This does represent a very good chance of progression even if I am nervous, and all Moyes has to do is play a strong side, with Howard in goal at least, and the rest should take care of itself. I want to see Everton Football Club win something again, 17 years away has been too long, I want to see us finally win something again, and this tie does represent a very good place to start.

Once again, there is that chance of an upset. Been there, seen it, experienced it, you never know what will happen. I can only hope we aren't the victims again this third round day, but quietly confident.