IGNORED

FA Cup draw

MikeO

It might be good for them, and they're a decent little club, but I would rather we would have won the game in 90 minutes and no need for this upcoming replay, even if it does mean they'll get a little extra revenue from it. Take a look at their fan forum incidentally, it's almost identical to this but with dozens of more subjects and activities. But I don't like things too busy or frantic.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showforum=1

• 2 weeks later...

I think that will depend on where City is when the tie happens. If somehow United go into a bit of a freefall and City catch up to within a few points then Ferguson may rest some players as he will surely want the league more than the cup.

The league championship isn't over just yet, and they still have some work to do to take back the title, but it does look doubtful any other team can realistically win it now, but you never can tell what will happen. They haven't won the competition for nine years so will be eager to have their name back on the trophy again, but even then in 2000 couldn't be bothered to participate and went on a tour of Brazil or something, but they'll surely be one of the favorites now. Whatever side they put out if we meet again, we have the capabilities to beat anyone when we want to and did beat them on the opening day but would rather face one of the lesser sides left in with all due respect to them. Semi-finals are tough to lose and there's still a certain level of upset about what occured last year.

I think Fergie wants to win the Champions league one more time.

It's seems for sure Ferguson ideally wants (Manchester United) to overtake Liverpool's 'five' european cup 'wins' but time's simply running out for him now. They only have the three successes ('68, '99 and '08) and for Ferguson to remain in charge and register another two or more wins in his tenure ? It's not going to happen I'm afraid. He got the two european cup wins which is a great achievement, and has overtaken the shite's 18 league championships which is great for the club, but he's not going to beat, or indeed equal, the five european cup 'wins' so long as he is United manager from here on.

I'll be on my knees later praying (metaphorically at least) that Wigan don't draw Millwall/Blackburn in the semi. Would be serious salt in the wounds.....plus the fact that it would mean sixth in the league won't be a Europa place. Although you'd have to be a seriously blind optimist to expect us to finish sixth the way things are.

On reflection a Wigan v Millwall/Blackburn game is more likely to cost Liverpool a place in Europe....so maybe I'll be on my knees praying that it does happenunsure.png.

Confused now.

Some people on er, a rival site were still under the impression that we could get a fourth place finish this season...

Millwall 0 Blackburn 0 in South London just finished, and I don't know quite how to feel about that, but Rovers look like favorites for the replay. Whatever the 'draw' is, the fact of the matter is, we won't be a part of it, and many are still enraged about yesterdays fucking white flag capitulation. What an opportunity that was missed, and we decide to put in one of the worst efforts of the season for such a pivotal game and a semi-final place really was there to be had, but there's nothing that can be done now after the event, but it does still hurt.

I expect the draw later today to represent -

Manchester City vs Millwall / Rovers

Manchester United / Plastics vs Wigan Athletic

Could well be an all Manchester Final of all things.

Bullshit draw but was it really that much of a goddamn surprise. Really would have fancied our chances against Lions or Rovers in the last four but what can you do.

So -

Chelsea win the replay and face Manchester City, Blackburn win their replay and face Wigan Athletic, Chelsea beat Blackburn to win this years competition.

Damn fucking boring. Blow your draw out your ass..

End of discussion

I think Manchester City are going to do it this year. It's the only trophy that they can win this season so will go hell for leather to get it. I don't see who's going to stop them to be honest as I think Chelsea are a step down from them.

• 3 weeks later...