IGNORED

Joey Barton

Haha! I've truthfully always liked Barton. I don't think he can hack it anymore as a starter. But, on cheap wages, I'd have him here. I know I'm in the minority (the extreme minority), but he would be a good player for cup games and provide a little steel against teams like Stoke, Palace and WBA that just try and kick us off the pitch.

He's more mobile than Barry and would give the team somemuch needed bark

Oh my. I was mostly joking regarding this. Think he'd do well for Palace or WBA or one of the other lower midtable sides, but not here. I think he's a few years past his best and way too unstable of a temperament for this club.

*Also* Mike, if what you are saying is true, then you are getting far more play from the ladies than I am despite a 30 year age gap!

Edited by Quinn31

Oh my. I was mostly joking regarding this. Think he'd do well for Palace or WBA or one of the other lower midtable sides, but not here. I think he's a few years past his best and way too unstable of a temperament for this club.

*Also* Mike, if what you are saying is true, then you are getting far more play from the ladies than I am despite a 30 year age gap!

What you mesn Palace who finished above us and West Brom who finished right behind us?

What you mesn Palace who finished above us and West Brom who finished right behind us?

This one season since.... Can't remember when

No doubter Barton is an ok player, he's just not the sort of character I want associated with our club. I can see Stoke going for him.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near here he's an average at best player who's past his best... Thankfully will never happen!

There was a point 4-5 years ago when he was looking like turning into a top top player.... The end of his City career. Once the beast had been caged (literally) he was never the same player. On his day he was a really good midfielder and we could have done with him. Wouldn't want him at all now.

There was a point 4-5 years ago when he was looking like turning into a top top player.... The end of his City career. Once the beast had been caged (literally) he was never the same player. On his day he was a really good midfielder and we could have done with him. Wouldn't want him at all now.

I've never seen anything in him other than being a poor man's Keane type I've certainly never had him down as being anywhere near or potentially a top player but then again that's opinions and how people perceive players