IGNORED

New Year's Eve

Fearthainn

So with this being my first New Year's Eve in Liverpool I'd like to know what people usually do around here on that date (other than getting pissed). To my surprise it appears there isn't a fireworks display on the Mersey?

I don't really want to go to a club... I was expecting some event outside with everyone on the streets etc.

When I was a kid they used to have stuff happening in the parks. Other than that it seemed to revolve around sitting in the house and waiting for 12 oclock and then everyone was out in the street partying as best we could afford. Sometimes we had big bowls of pea wack and scouse made by various mothers and wives. Oh and some drinks too.

Not all that sure what happens these days. There may be something on at the pier head.

Going to be bad weather tomorrow night apparently, so we're going out tonight and will enjoy Midnight for the last time this year.

It's just another year isn't it, what's the big deal. Seen enough of them.

It people want to go out and drink and act stupid and get into altercations and regret it the next day that's their business, but not planning on going out tommorrow. Will wake up with a clear head and nice and refreshed on Tuesday morning.

Will have a good enough time tonight and early morning, but just don't do that for New Year anymore. Not worth the hassle

No kids, no grandkids, wife having a nap (so she can make midnight). House completely silent other than occasional distant fireworks.

Settled down with bottle of red (though I suppose I'll leave the boss a glass or two for when she wakes up), few cans of Stella and my book. Blisssmile.png .

Used to love NYE parties in my younger days....can't be arsed any more.

Still waiting on the New Year in the US... The lady and I don't get into New Year's any more. It was fun at 18, and I assume it will be fun again when I'm 40 and have a child to get away from. Until then, we will just relax and go out another night when there aren't so many people out that we can't get served.

To hell with New Year. Wanted nothing to do with it so had an early night and watched three movies back to back, while she went out with some friends and I was left not giving a rat's ass. Had quite a heavy night the day before so wasn't going to repeat that. Anyway it's out the damn way now, so that's the end of the issue.

Yeah, I am Looking forward to another year - of getting angry and losing tempers, and trying to keep things together and fighting depression and struggling through the days and weeks. Won't be long now before it's back again damn it

Discussion closed