IGNORED

Jags injury

Matt

crying.gif FFS. Jags has been our most consistent defender (even though our defense has been shaky all year) and now he might be out for the season... Johnny H to the rescue.

Like I said in the match thread, means my preferred CD pairing is back together. Jags and Distin are better players than Johnny but Johnny and Distin is the best pairing, and thats what its all about. Might get some game time for Duffy too.

Like I said in the match thread, means my preferred CD pairing is back together. Jags and Distin are better players than Johnny but Johnny and Distin is the best pairing, and thats what its all about. Might get some game time for Duffy too.

That may have been the case last season but I don't know how you can believe that this season. Has Johnny gotten way more crap than he should have this season, yes. Has he been awful compared to last season when he was our player of the season, absolutely. At this point, I'd rather give Duffy a shot, he was also quality last season during the limited amount of games he played last year and want to see what we have in him for the future.

That may have been the case last season but I don't know how you can believe that this season. Has Johnny gotten way more crap than he should have this season, yes. Has he been awful compared to last season when he was our player of the season, absolutely. At this point, I'd rather give Duffy a shot, he was also quality last season during the limited amount of games he played last year and want to see what we have in him for the future.

how I can believe it? Its barely had a chance. Johnny was dropped by his manager after getting player of the season award, gets barely any game time and when hes asked to jump back in, he should perform like he did last year without the match fitness or confidence? :blink: Its just unrealistic.

I like the look of Duffy, but hes played a handful of games. Heits has years of experience at the highest level. He is a fighter, and I think he will be a better player to step up to the plate.

Don't get too worked up. "Surgery" just means stitches, here, more than likely. It'll keep him out a few weeks though, since stitches in a place like that are problematic.

Here's the Moyes quote from the OS:

Moyes was frustrated with the tackle by Reading forward Adam Le Fondre and says he expects it to cost him the England defender’s services for at least a fortnight.

"Jags is bad," he said. "He is going to get surgery on his ankle - not to repair the bone but to stitch it up. It's a bad, bad gash.

Could this be a good sign? Last time we didn't have Jagielka we went to the FA Cup Final.

But in all seriousness this isn't good, I think we're going to really miss not having Jags at the back, we need Heitinga to step up.

Don't get too worked up. "Surgery" just means stitches, here, more than likely. It'll keep him out a few weeks though, since stitches in a place like that are problematic.

Here's the Moyes quote from the OS:

Ahh in that case, not so bad. It's going to have to heal enough for stitches to be removed. At that point, it's pain tolerance. Jags is a tough guy so I expect him to miss only a few matches.

We've kept how many clean sheets with Jags this season? Every week we concede stupid goals and most weeks thats w/o Heitinga, with him we concede marginally more, but we also gain marginally more points. As trade-offs go him over Jags is a no brainer. Our team is suited to play from the back as its slow as fuck and other than Felli (who shouldn't be played there) we don't have a target man. With Heitinga we play better football and get more points, only problem is he's not English?

I disagree matt. His worst game at the back against Villa was when he was paired with distin. Jags was at RB remember? Heitinga looks gone beyond repair to me. Every time he plays his man scores a goal without him getting close. Readings goal for example, I don't think I've ever seen Jags just sit there and watch his man nod in. It's time for Duffy IMO.

I disagree matt. His worst game at the back against Villa was when he was paired with distin. Jags was at RB remember? Heitinga looks gone beyond repair to me. Every time he plays his man scores a goal without him getting close. Readings goal for example, I don't think I've ever seen Jags just sit there and watch his man nod in. It's time for Duffy IMO.

again, did anyone read the rest of the explanation?!

how I can believe it? Its barely had a chance. Johnny was dropped by his manager after getting player of the season award, gets barely any game time and when hes asked to jump back in, he should perform like he did last year without the match fitness or confidence? blink.png Its just unrealistic.

I like the look of Duffy, but hes played a handful of games. Heits has years of experience at the highest level. He is a fighter, and I think he will be a better player to step up to the plate.

Edited by Matt

We've kept how many clean sheets with Jags this season? Every week we concede stupid goals and most weeks thats w/o Heitinga, with him we concede marginally more, but we also gain marginally more points. As trade-offs go him over Jags is a no brainer. Our team is suited to play from the back as its slow as fuck and other than Felli (who shouldn't be played there) we don't have a target man. With Heitinga we play better football and get more points, only problem is he's not English?

I agree, you would have to have no brain to think Hietinga is better than Jags this season

I agree, you would have to have no brain to think Hietinga is better than Jags this season

Nothing worst than people who are scared of change. Have you actually got an opinion or are you that unable to fathom the obvious that you have to be a cunt and belittle others to make yourself feel better?

How many clean sheets have we kept, how many goals have the defenders scored, and have we been playing good football from the back? Actually I'll keep this really simple for you. More points (Heitinga) or less points (Jags)?

now now ladies, keep it clean. Pete, play nice.

I'm sick of him, he'll probably bitch again as well. Seriously what is the point of his post? It adds nothing other than an insult geared towards me. I used to let the first one slide, but then he thinks he's smart and carries on, he can just go fuck the fuck off now. Really got no time for people like him. The planet would be better off without people like him.

I'm sick of him, he'll probably bitch again as well. Seriously what is the point of his post? It adds nothing other than an insult geared towards me. I used to let the first one slide, but then he thinks he's smart and carries on, he can just go fuck the fuck off now. Really got no time for people like him. The planet would be better off without people like him.

steady now...

Nothing worst than people who are scared of change. Have you actually got an opinion or are you that unable to fathom the obvious that you have to be a cunt and belittle others to make yourself feel better?

How many clean sheets have we kept, how many goals have the defenders scored, and have we been playing good football from the back? Actually I'll keep this really simple for you. More points (Heitinga) or less points (Jags)?

How does me saying Jagielka has been better than Hietinga this season equate to me being scared of change?

I think we may be making more of this than needed. A few stiches this week for Jags he misses the Wigan game and has a pain killing injection the week after with a lot of padding. Jonny or Duffy should be able to handle Wigan for fucks sake

I think we may be making more of this than needed. A few stiches this week for Jags he misses the Wigan game and has a pain killing injection the week after with a lot of padding. Jonny or Duffy should be able to handle Wigan for fucks sake

I don't know how much truth is in it but there is a rumor going around Wigan that Martinez is only going to play the reserves against us at the weekend. Apparently like most seasons Wigan are prioratising staying up over anything else and are going to rest key players so that they can be 100% fit for the fight to survive which would obviously work in our favor.

A second-string Wigan side should not stop us from going to Wembley.