IGNORED

TalkSport - Everton special (11 March)

Hafnia

I dont see how £125 mil isnt very high (or £170mil total). We only own an old stadium and the players on the pitch (for the rest of their contracts). We make a loss every year before player trading, our wages represent 75% of our turnover (or very close) and all the avenues for sponsorship and merchandising have been outsourced for the next couple of years.

Its hardly unsurprising that the club hasnt been sold.

I dont see how £125 mil isnt very high (or £170mil total). We only own an old stadium and the players on the pitch (for the rest of their contracts). We make a loss every year before player trading, our wages represent 75% of our turnover (or very close) and all the avenues for sponsorship and merchandising have been outsourced for the next couple of years.

Its hardly unsurprising that the club hasnt been sold.

Surely you need to factor into that the vast increases in revenue coming in for the next three years though....£80m a year-ish (if we perform to our normal level) so £240m to work with. The team finishing bottom will earn more than City did for winning the title last year.

So the points you make on the loss and wages to turnover will be, with a modicum of business sense, a thing of the past.

If we wait a year before increasing player wages in line with the 75% of revenue, a reasonable request from the club to the players. The the club would be able to pay off all the debt and have £12 million left over to buy the training ground or invest in a player or 2.

This increase from TV revenue being used by clubs to pay off debts etc is rubbish. If the whole country was given £10,000 each to go and spend what do you think will happen to the price of things?

The increase in revenue will see clubs like reading, Swansea, Wigan, break their transfer records, will have contract renewals breaking records etc etc. it will be like quantitative easing.

Edited by Hafnia

Surely you need to factor into that the vast increases in revenue coming in for the next three years though....£80m a year-ish (if we perform to our normal level) so £240m to work with. The team finishing bottom will earn more than City did for winning the title last year.

So the points you make on the loss and wages to turnover will be, with a modicum of business sense, a thing of the past.

Thats a fair point. Although it has only just come into play and I would guess that £125mil has been the price for a while.

Personally I dont think it will be a thing of the past. All clubs will continue the way they are, offering more money to players/agents and spending more on transfer fees.

Personally I dont think it will be a thing of the past. All clubs will continue the way they are, offering more money to players/agents and spending more on transfer fees.

Quite possibly....just hope a bit of sanity prevails. It's a great opportunity for many clubs (not just us) to sort themselves financially....won't hold my breath thoughsad.png .

This increase from TV revenue being used by clubs to pay off debts etc is rubbish. If the whole country was given £10,000 each to go and spend what do you think will happen to the price of things?

The increase in revenue will see clubs like reading, Swansea, Wigan, break their transfer records, will have contract renewals breaking records etc etc. it will be like quantitative easing.

Most of our first team players could be earning more elsewhere. Don't think many would kick up a fuss, and if their contract is longer than two years they can hardly moan about waiting a year for a boost.

Most of our first team players could be earning more elsewhere. Don't think many would kick up a fuss, and if their contract is longer than two years they can hardly moan about waiting a year for a boost.

Baines and Fellaini - thats about it. Neville is on £50k a week as pretty much close to that is Jags, Osman, Jelavic, Mirralas - anichebe £35k!

On the balance our players are very well reimbursed and are getting more their fair share of the market rate.

Baines and Fellaini - thats about it. Neville is on £50k a week as pretty much close to that is Jags, Osman, Jelavic, Mirralas - anichebe £35k!

On the balance our players are very well reimbursed and are getting more their fair share of the market rate.

If they moved to Spurs or Liverpool they would all earn an extra 50+%. Anichebe got the bumper pay rise because Hull was willing to pay him even more.

There seems to have been a bit of fallout about this show. The Echo published a response where they say nothing is new, we've heard it before and didn't name the radio host or station. Some people have took issue with this and suggested it's bitterness from the Echo because he was able to have questions answered.

He tweeted the following:

1. Decided to do debate on EFC in Saturday after Wigan, and '' Why isn't anyone buying one of England's great clubs'

2. Show prepped and ready Monday as a '' Ask fans what they think show''. Normal on Monday.

3. Was CONTACTED by source.

4. Delighted, I asked 12-15 questions tweeted by Evertonians. They were answered in good faith.

5. Much as I do my prep, pre questions(from Evertonians), I'm afraid I don't know chapter and verse on EFC/board/fans. Why on earth would I?

7. Wheel not reinvented, just passed on in good faith what I was told. That's all folks!

8.No slight on Echo/local media. Up to regular readers/listeners what they believe or don't. I did my show, and did it honestly/we6. Went to air with answers given.

Then, Richard Buxton (a local journalist) tweeted at Stan Collymore that the club have denied there is a 'ballpark figure'.

Shite paper, scared journalists afraid of censor by the communists running the fucking show. Deserve everything they get.

Collymore showed them up, did more in one day than they have in ten years.

Shite paper, scared journalists afraid of censor by the communists running the fucking show. Deserve everything they get.

Collymore showed them up, did more in one day than they have in ten years.

Don't see why you keep banging on about this, same shit just packaged in a different box.

We knew that already didn't we?

But there's nothing new. We've already heard the ball park figure, the interest from the Indian group, and the council not helping much.

I moved the topics to a new thread to discuss the show. I've now listened to it, there was a lot of adverts!

There's nothing new in there. Stan Collymore pretty much gave up the anonymity of his source when he said he'd been involved with Man City and Liverpool. It's pretty strange that someone who had been allowed to talk to the radio by Bill Kenwright and David Moyes would like to remain anonymous on national radio.

I thought it was an interesting point forward that the price is high so to deter carpet baggers.