IGNORED

TalkSport - Everton special (11 March)

Hafnia

heres the jist of Evertons response:

• We are for sale 100%
  • There is no specific price is a prospectus - Collymore challenged them to provide an answer.... £125m is ball park figure.
  • Are there interested parties? - Jaines group were interested. There is a party in the middle east that is interested. There hasn't been a sale because:- the stadium issue is a millstone, issue around location, Everton don't feel they get the type of support from liverpool cc, we want to groundshare - Liverpool don't.

More to come

heres the jist of Evertons response:

• We are for sale 100%
  • There is no specific price is a prospectus - Collymore challenged them to provide an answer.... £125m is ball park figure.
  • Are there interested parties? - Jaines group were interested. There is a party in the middle east that is interested. There hasn't been a sale because:- the stadium issue is a millstone, issue around location, Everton don't feel they get the type of support from liverpool cc, we want to groundshare - Liverpool don't.

More to come

Need to clarify Haf (for anyone not listening) that apparently the Everton spokesman has Kenwright's permission to give this stuff out.

(I am....thanks for the link!)

Moyes contract talk:-

No positive development on his contract. Kenwright has told people to leave Moyes alone - if he wants to sign they would work 24/7 to make it happen.

99% certain that he was interviewing kenwright - think he made a slip just then

We knew that already didn't we?

we did. It doesn't make it right though.

Missed the kings dock piece... apparently the police didnt like a stadium near the river??? we had the money secured but didnt take it up....

Correct me if i'm wrong, kings dock is an arena on the river

Edited by Hafnia

we did. It doesn't make it right though.

Missed the kings dock piece... apparently the police didnt like a stadium near the river??? we had the money secured but didnt take it up....

Correct me if i'm wrong, kings dock is an arena on the river

Also our contribution rose from £30m to £65m (which we were prepare to go to) and an investor backed out (on the back of the police issues as I understood it).

12,000 concert crowd is a different proposition to a 50,000 football crowd Haf.

Why is £125m a disgraceful price? dont%20know.gif

God knows. I tweeted similar to 4thOfficial.

People using Villa who went for £65 mil as a yard stick. But since then the amount of money in football has doubled and their club would need a lot more than the £45 mil we're in debt to catch up to us. In fact their gross transfers is £160 mil and they are just about treading above relegation. They also don't have a nice new shiny stadium that seems to be the main problem we can't attract anyone. We don't have many assest, but their off field assets don't compensate for what we have on the pitch. Logically from this £125 mil is a fair price. Using real logic investing in any club outside of the elite (top 20 clubs revenue wise) is crazy unless you're after a quick buck (that tends to be bad for the club bought) or a crazy billionaire searching for a hobby.

The valuation of our club is wrong in my opinion. £125m plus debt for a club that doesn't own it's training ground, has a stadium that needs to be changed, clearly has a poorly assembled infrastructure based on everything is near outsourced and the marketing side is abysmal.

The price is the issue. £60m plus debt would see a tidy return and a deal can be struck to ensure that £50m plus will go to a new stadium and see wha LCC can come up with.

We need to face facts that the ship seem's to have sailed in regards to mega rich investors and with that in mind We have a very little chance of being taken over and remodelled the way people want....

The quoted figure at first glance does seem fair but when you take into account the stadium issue and our only assets being the players it's an unrealistic valuation in my opinion. The stadium is an issue that's obviously been a problem for a long time but it is one that Kenwright should have dealt with to expect an investor to come in pay " £125m if true" then spend a massive sum on a stadium is too much imo.

It's a problem that the current owner and board should have addressed and they have not so they should lower the valuation to compensate a stumbling block they have failed to move...

For Me Kenwright has never genuinely wanted to sell the Club, no hard evidence it's just My opinion by putting all the pieces and events together over the years during his tenure I just find it hard to believe all those apparent "interested" parties all walked away.....

We will be beating this drum for years to come sadly but if it's a choice of Kenwright or an outfit like those at Leeds & Blackburn then I would gladly stay as we are.

I moved the topics to a new thread to discuss the show. I've now listened to it, there was a lot of adverts!

There's nothing new in there. Stan Collymore pretty much gave up the anonymity of his source when he said he'd been involved with Man City and Liverpool. It's pretty strange that someone who had been allowed to talk to the radio by Bill Kenwright and David Moyes would like to remain anonymous on national radio.

I thought it was an interesting point forward that the price is high so to deter carpet baggers.