IGNORED

Wellingtons/ Wellies

So I have a question for you gentlemen. What are the popular, or most popular companies that manufacture Wellington boots? My girlfriend suggested I get some (We have had like 30cm of rain in the last month), and said that you guys(English people) wear them a lot, and they are very fashionable. I said alright, and figured I would ask the only English people I know, who makes the best ones?

At a complete loss

Ok fair enough, as someone recently stated, there isn't a lot for some to discuss, but say this, never put on a pair, would never wear such a thing. Associated with gardeners ? All I understand, Wellington is a city in New Zealand.

I don't mind getting feet a bit wet, don't make a song and dance about it, would never take to these particular items of attire, but suggest you go into your nearest shoe store and glean some information from the staff. One pair of water-resistant shoes are as good as the next this end.

Will you be wearing them while shafting her as you wipe the tears from your eyes?

Probably we have to mix it up sometimes to keep things intresting.

At a complete loss

Ok fair enough, as someone recently stated, there isn't a lot for some to discuss, but say this, never put on a pair, would never wear such a thing. Associated with gardeners ? All I understand, Wellington is a city in New Zealand.

I don't mind getting feet a bit wet, don't make a song and dance about it, would never take to these particular items of attire, but suggest you go into your nearest shoe store and glean some information from the staff. One pair of water-resistant shoes are as good as the next this end.

That was fair Dalziel. I was on the Daily Mail reading an article about Fellaini, and saw a link about Rooney and Moyes to have a go. It had several pictures of Rooney at Glastonbury(hope I spelled it right), and in the photos Rooney, his lady, and a couple people in the background all had rain boots on. I cracked a joke, and told my gf to come look, and then she went on about how Wellingtons are super popular, and very fashionable, and she said that people even wear them when its not wet or raining out. I was kinda shocked, and then she suggested I buy some so I thought I would get some feedback.

I didn't realise Wellies had brands :unsure:.

When I was a kid we had random sizes by the back door and you put on the pair that vaguely fitted if the weather demanded it.

Not had a pair for decades but, being in a rural part of the country, it's not uncommon to see a farmer/farmers wife or daughter ;) /farm worker wandering around in them.

Edit: Jeez, not cheap, this is from a farm shop a couple of miles from me....

http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mvf/store/products/nora-dolomite-wellington-green

I didn't realise Wellies had brands :unsure:.

When I was a kid we had random sizes by the back door and you put on the pair that vaguely fitted if the weather demanded it.

Not had a pair for decades but, being in a rural part of the country, it's not uncommon to see a farmer/farmers wife or daughter ;) /farm worker wandering around in them.

Edit: Jeez, not cheap, this is from a farm shop a couple of miles from me....

http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mvf/store/products/nora-dolomite-wellington-green

Lot's of Wellie brands Mike, round here these are popular with the masses, im not sure how considering the prices:http://products.outdoorandcountry.co.uk/search?w=hunter%20wellies&gclid=CN6ftdi2kbgCFdLLtAodnxsAMA