IGNORED

SylvaIn Distin pretended to be a milkman to bed blonde

Quite a few pointless, no, questionable, starters just recently, but for the last time, one or two may have some time on their hands with no soccer at the present time but we'll play along but only worth the one response.

News publications like these, that retail at twenty pence, you get what you pay for. Poor sub-standard 'news' items that can be found in any greasy spoon or purchased by degenerates or people of limited means, not worth the paper they're printed on. And what was Distin doing anyway with the milk man thing. Why not just go ahead and disclose that you are in fact a recognized soccer player on a thousands a week salary and be truthful with it. That would appeal better (to any sleazy whores, or decent women) than a lowly milk man, a cyclist, or janitor, or whatever else Distin claimed to be. Some would argue, at times, he's pretended to be a footballer also. I'd rather concentrate on what Distin can contribute to Everton Football Club than some bizarre (if uninteresting) exploits with women of ill-repute. That's all that needs to be said on this issue.

Can we not link that rag here, please?

Its not like I have made a stand here one way or the other regarding the source or the actual 'news'. Its an article about an Everton player so I posted it in an Everton forum.

If the Sun had a massive article on Honda coming to Everton and I posted it in the Honda thread, would you have had the same reaction?

Its not like I have made a stand here one way or the other regarding the source or the actual 'news'. Its an article about an Everton player so I posted it in an Everton forum.

If the Sun had a massive article on Honda coming to Everton and I posted it in the Honda thread, would you have had the same reaction?

Yes, yes I would.

Supporting that rag by providing ad revenue is something no Everton fan should do.

I'd rather concentrate on what Distin can contribute to Everton Football Club than some bizarre (if uninteresting) exploits with women of ill-repute. That's all that needs to be said on this issue.

But it's not as simple as that. These players, who earn phenomenally large sums of money, are role models - whether we (or they) like it or not - and that carries certain responsibilities. It's right that Luis Suarez is criticized for his behaviour, and the same was true for Balotelli at ManC. Some things are more important than the team someone plays for. Children, in particular, idolize these players. If this story is true, and the detail in the article certainly implies that, then it's fair game for Distin to face the public consequences.

I can't think who it was and it's really going to bug me.

There's a player who pretended to be a postman to a woman. She'd ask him why all these people would come up to him and speak to him and he told her he delivered their mail.

It was Dwight Yorke: "Best among them was the conquest Yorke had convinced that he was a local postman named Brian. She said of their trip to a nightclub: "People were coming past and saying 'hello' to him and he said it was because he delivered their letters. I believed him. He seemed a lovely bloke."
(Not sure why there's a word missing in there, it's a direct quote from the Mirror so that probably explains it)

Kolo Toure, as a car sales man - "The Manchester City defender told pretty Kessel Kasuisyo his name was Francois and showered her with ­expensive gifts he claimed he bought with cash he made selling motors, she claims."

Edited by Kohen

I can't think who it was and it's really going to bug me.

There's a player who pretended to be a postman to a woman. She'd ask him why all these people would come up to him and speak to him and he told her he delivered their mail.

I don't for one second believe this is true.

Are you still planning to be a journo Kohen?

Yes, yes I would.

Supporting that rag by providing ad revenue is something no Everton fan should do.

But theres 100 or more links to the mirror, is there really THAT much difference? Even the Star gets a few links on here. If we start selecting newspapers by their credibility there will be little left to post on here.

But theres 100 or more links to the mirror, is there really THAT much difference? Even the Star gets a few links on here. If we start selecting newspapers by their credibility there will be little left to post on here.

It's more to do with Hillsborough..

I did wonder about your motivation given your recent globe trotting :D.

I think I'll see a couple more continents before I settle down and get a job ;)

Edited by Kohen

I think I'll see a couple more continents before I settle down and get a job ;)

Sounds like a plan :).

Brother/mates did long trips the US and Oz, NZ and far east when I was late teens/early twenties and I didn't go because I was more interested in career....always regretted it :(.

But its still an interesting/fun/shocking article about an Everton player. True or fiction does not really matter. Why not just remove the link to the article so that we don't give them a link back to their site and then leave it at that? I for one would like to dig in to this story some more. Might get picked up by others if there is an ounce of truth in it?

DK, I know you were not having a dig but why should this thread not have been started? Because of the story or because of the source?

If its the source we have a problem with, then there are plenty of articles and discussions out there on other sites.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ani/everton-s-sylvain-distin-cheated-on-blonde-by-posing-as-milkman-113063000140_1.html

http://www.newkerala.com/news/story/35739/evertons-sylvain-distin-cheated-on-blonde-by-posing-as-milkman.html

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/57877-Distin-the-milkman

http://in.news.yahoo.com/evertons-sylvain-distin-cheated-blonde-posing-milkman-064328606.html

Yes, they are all quoting the sun but they are running with it. (Even if they are covering their bases)

The Sun broke the news about Ryan Giggs. I'm sure there were discussions about his infidelity here on TT

BTW I'm definitely not condoning the Suns behavior and their sensation stories. I think it is disgusting how they reported/lied about Hillsborough. This was however a story about an Everton player and even if the thread is here to discuss how bad the sun are, the thread serves a purpose. To discuss Distin or to discuss the Sun and its lies)