IGNORED

Oliver Torres

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fDFbEoq-7c

Found this on youtube.

He looks like your Osman type player as opposed to Gibsonesque. Good range of passing, ability to turn attack into defence nice and quickly, good turn of foot and reads the game well. Not sure if he would be as effective played deeper, especially not in the Premier League at this stage of his career but certainly full of potential.

why a loan? how much would he cost?

With Athleticos money troubles? £8/10m?

You're buying potential. Barca want this kid badly, if he goes anywhere on a perm, it'll be there I would have thought. Unless a loan to buy option is inserted?

I've read rumours of Barcelona wanting to pay his 40m release clause.

Fair enough then! I tried to be realistic, he's an exceptional talent but hasn't played many first team games nor has the experience.

I'd put that figure out as a precaution, with a HUGE selling agreement.

If Barca are willing to pay 40m, good luck us getting him ahaha

Fair enough then! I tried to be realistic, he's an exceptional talent but hasn't played many first team games nor has the experience.

I'd put that figure out as a precaution, with a HUGE selling agreement.

If Barca are willing to pay 40m, good luck us getting him ahaha

I was mistaken btw, he supposedly has a 25m clause, not a 40m one.

Never heard of this player but others obviously recognize the name and say he's something special and would be a standout capture so go along with that in saying I hope we can maybe bring him in, but it does seem unlikely from all I was able to ascertain.

Thanks for the summary, great to know that im not the only person to get that information from the other 13 posts in this thread

Guest Nikica

He's a major talent and along with the likes of Jese and Deulofeu the next big thing in Spain. Doubt you will get him on loan but if you did it would be taking the piss. He and Gerard in the same team (assuming they could adapt and hit form, despite their youth) would rip plenty of the teams in the PL to bits. The midfielders and defenders in the PL on the whole just don't have the speed of thought that the likes of Torres does.

• 5 months later...

Absolute rubbish.

Is this the spanish U21 star? if it is then theres no chance we would get him. This kid can play!

Watch some of his highlights and his passing range is incredible already. If RM managed to somehow broker a deal for this lad, i dont know how i would react haha that would be his best work to date.

I gotta take a look and see if this is the same kid because from what i saw the kid a better prospect than Jerry.

Not just that, he's been starting for Athletico.

After bursting onto the scene last year having impressed in the youth side, Torres has been left out of Atletico’s last four matches for the first time since his elevation to senior duties.

Loan might be possible then...

Edited by Matt