IGNORED

The elite versus the rest

Increasingly, it seems, the FA has scheduled games for the 'eilte' teams on Sundays and Mondays whereas the hoi polloi must play on Saturdays. It may be subtle, but it creates the impression that only the elite teams matter - which feeds the arrogance of their managers. I must say that I was delighted today that Cardiff beat ManC to prove the pundits wrong. We'll to the same with Chelsea.

Increasingly, it seems, the FA has scheduled games for the 'eilte' teams on Sundays and Mondays whereas the hoi polloi must play on Saturdays. It may be subtle, but it creates the impression that only the elite teams matter - which feeds the arrogance of their managers. I must say that I was delighted today that Cardiff beat ManC to prove the pundits wrong. We'll to the same with Chelsea.

I've felt that for a while. The only teams the FA care about are the ones bringing in the top money - United, City & Chelsea (possibly Arsenal and Tottenham too).

It's always the fucking same. Each saturday evening, sundays and mondays. The favored teams and big names against lesser sides that may be up for a beating or simply an excuse to strut around like overweening fucking peacocks, while the armchair brigade just sit back on their asses with their sodas and popcorn. I've noticed this for a long time now so a bit late in brining this to light but you can't dispute it.

I don't like the way some get special treatment, and not only that, it's goddamn boring if not predictable. Sadly the days of soccer at three PM on a saturday afternoon and all in together is a thing of the past, but what can you do. I concur that it's a regrettable situation.

We're playing Chelsea on a Saturday

We're playing Chelsea on a Saturday. admittedly at 5.30pm but it's a Saturday. :dont know:

It's always the fucking same. Each saturday evening, sundays and mondays. The favored teams and big names against lesser sides that may be up for a beating or simply an excuse to strut around like overweening fucking peacocks, while the armchair brigade just sit back on their asses with their sodas and popcorn. I've noticed this for a long time now so a bit late in brining this to light but you can't dispute it.

I don't like the way some get special treatment, and not only that, it's goddamn boring if not predictable. Sadly the days of soccer at three PM on a saturday afternoon and all in together is a thing of the past, but what can you do. I concur that it's a regrettable situation.

The quote someone posted weeks ago about referees being told to go easy on the big name players ties into this narrative, too. It's ruining football as we've always known it. It's now just big business, especially for the betting companies (and it's a scandal that they are among the biggest sponsors).

Increasingly, it seems, the FA has scheduled games for the 'eilte' teams on Sundays and Mondays whereas the hoi polloi must play on Saturdays.

Nothing to do with the FA.....it's the TV companies (obviously Sky predominantly). They choose the games they want live and the FA move them.

... and Sky will always favor the teams with the biggest fan base. Its all about viewer figures. They will get more viewers by showing Manchester United vs Chelsea than they will showing Everton vs WBA. That's just plain fact.

Is it unfair? Yes absolutely but is it understandable? Yes sure.

The big issue here is the refereeing and the blatant favoritism shown to the 'bigger' teams.

Without the referees favouritism the league would be tighter and the lemmings would spread out giving the press less incentive to target their propaganda at the big clubs. MOTD is a major culprit, even worse gets pros to lie to the public to reaffirm the medias bollocks.