IGNORED

Joe Ledley

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ SIMPLE REALLY , we offered 5 million Stoke offered 6 million. ^^^

ledley was upset that that they never allowed him to talk to Stoke knowing that they had put an offer in, which makes me think did we put any offer in at all or was it just rumour. I'm sure he would prefer to talk to us rather than Stoke.

^^^ SIMPLE REALLY , we offered 5 million Stoke offered 6 million. ^^^

ledley was upset that that they never allowed him to talk to Stoke knowing that they had put an offer in, which makes me think did we put any offer in at all or was it just rumour. I'm sure he would prefer to talk to us rather than Stoke.

WHY

• 3 months later...

Back page of the South Wales Echo yesterday was focused on Moyes' trip to the Cardiff-Burnley game where we drew 2-2 and Ledley was man of the match. Apparently, according to the paper, we will be making a bid for 6mil for ledley come january.

I can't see this happening at all, not only is ledley out of contract at the end of the season, moyes hasn't got 2 pennies to rub together so not spending on a striker would be pointless, plus ledley has played shit for cardiff as of late but we haven't got any strength in depth so to lose him to balance the books would be stupid.

However, that is exactly the reason we need to sell. Until the new stadium comes along we need to sell to stay afloat, and ledley going for 6 would give us a financial boost now that we have routledge.

Any thoughts on this? It seems like paper talk, well it is, but I wouldn't mind having Ledley at everton, fast player, we need one of those, and young with bags of potential. Still, 6 mil is steep in this current climate.

I do like Ledley and think that he will become a good squad player for a prem team, I agree that he has looked a little off this season, but that often happens to players who have had there heads turned during a transfer window. Possibly the specualtion around him has put his mind into the worng place.

I'd like Ledley here but not sure if it will happen this window, mainly because i don't really see much at all happening this window.

Back page of the South Wales Echo yesterday was focused on Moyes' trip to the Cardiff-Burnley game where we drew 2-2 and Ledley was man of the match. Apparently, according to the paper, we will be making a bid for 6mil for ledley come january.

I can't see this happening at all, not only is ledley out of contract at the end of the season, moyes hasn't got 2 pennies to rub together so not spending on a striker would be pointless, plus ledley has played shit for cardiff as of late but we haven't got any strength in depth so to lose him to balance the books would be stupid.

However, that is exactly the reason we need to sell. Until the new stadium comes along we need to sell to stay afloat, and ledley going for 6 would give us a financial boost now that we have routledge.

Any thoughts on this? It seems like paper talk, well it is, but I wouldn't mind having Ledley at everton, fast player, we need one of those, and young with bags of potential. Still, 6 mil is steep in this current climate.

does that make any sense what so ever

:o:D:P:lol:

Surely bidding £6M for your own player is a bit pointless ????

:):rolleyes:;):P

i think he supports cardiff and everton. due to his location being cardiff and him being on an everton forum.

yes i didn't make it abundantly clear did I....but I thought I had mentioned it before?

I live in Cardiff, I'm primarily a toffee but I also support Cardiff City, what I meant by the above was that ledley isn't out of contract in january so we couldn't get him for free, Moyes has got fuck all to spend so he couldn't afford what Cardiff want for him (mainly based on future potential, same as Ramsey), and Cardiff shouldn't be selling anyway because we (meaning Cardiff) have a thin squad as it is.

However, Cardiff need to sell as they have no money for new players and since they acquired wayne routledge (as he plays in ledley's position) they can now sell ledley and use the 7mil to fund other transfers. Plus Cardiff would want the full 7 up front as they need the money in january, and since we (meaning Everton) need strikers not midfielders, this looks highly unlikely.

Also the new stadium wasn't referring to everton, Cardiff will be moving in the next year or 2 across the road to a new ground, you very well may see it if we get promoted this season :rolleyes:

Congrats to StevO for winning the common sense award ;)

Edited by The Regulator

• 2 weeks later...
Newcastle will face stiff opposition for Ledley in the shape of Stoke City, who had a £6m summer bid rejected, Everton and Tottenham Hotspur but Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale insists he has received no offers for the player.

If there was a £6 million bid made in the summer the price tag won't have dropped much if anything, so he won't be coming to us. Newcastle seem to be wanting to build on lower league players as mentioned in the article so he'll be going to them. If for some reason he dosen't Stoke will close down on him, I very much doubt that he'll end up at Everton.

I dont know. He said in that interview that his dream was to play for Cardiff so I can see him leaving in the summer should they fail to gain promotion. I believe that he will stay where he is and hope to impress some more clubs in the next window. I doubt he would abandom his dream to join Stoke, Newcastle or us. I just can't see it happening.

"I have an 18-month contract to run and I have always said that my ultimate dream would be to play for Cardiff in the Premier League. That dream has not changed. We're playing really well and heading in the right direction in the Championship, so all my focus and energy is channelled into Cardiff City.

He seems to be stuck on Cardiff, and there seems to be a positive buzz around the team. He's staying for me.

I dont know. He said in that interview that his dream was to play for Cardiff so I can see him leaving in the summer should they fail to gain promotion. I believe that he will stay where he is and hope to impress some more clubs in the next window. I doubt he would abandom his dream to join Stoke, Newcastle or us. I just can't see it happening.

He seems to be stuck on Cardiff, and there seems to be a positive buzz around the team. He's staying for me.

speaking as a bluebird, we are 4th and have a very good chance if we secure a playoff position of coming up next season. Ledley is too valuable an asset to go, which is what I always thought, and now that we are focusing on securing Chopra and Routledge any more deals in Jan don't look that feasible. Maybe another loan deal but that's it.

Ledley won't be going unless we get 7mil all up front. And even then, we'll probably ask for more. :rolleyes:

I hope the lad does well but for that kind of money as i've said im happy we are not involved he will have to shine pretty quickly to justify that price tag for a club such as Stoke who dont have big money.

It's a lot of money for Stoke to be paying so he must be good. Stoke must believe that he can fit into the team quickly enough to turn things around. He scored in the FA Cup yesterday (I think) so he's ended on a high. I think its best if he did move on before its too late. Think of Arshavin, waited too long and now no-one really wants him. He should move while he can.

Hopefully he will have a relegation release clause so we can get him on the cheap at the end of the season :D ...

Seriously, Ledley wont want to be back in the Championship, so if we come up with the right money he could be ours.

• 4 months later...