IGNORED

Joe Ledley

I hope we get him. Having watched him over his time at Cardiff, he would add a lot to our team and give Pienaar some competition. Plus he's young so we could tie him down for a good few seasons and he could be a strong part of a future everton team with rodwell, gosling, baxter, vaughan, kissock etc

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not all that excited by the idea, admittedly thats probably because I havent really seen much of him.

I know we have had great success in the past by plucking players out of the Championship but I just think that if we are going to move on to the next level we need to be buying proven quality players who have done it at the top level.

If we could get him on the cheap then fair enough but I certainly wouldnt want to get involved in a bidding war for him especially as we are not likely to have much cash to splash about

I work with a Cardiff fan and he was hopin they got into the play off so they could keep hold of Ledley! He rates him and actually knows wot hes talkin about as his 2nd team is Everton! Doesnt think he'd cost a fortune either! It'd free Peanut to play on the right aswell!

I'm not so sure about Ledley anymore. He has not pushed on as much as I thought he would and also think that the likely fee attatched to him would be more than he is really worth. I'm not so sure, after his performances last year I was keen but this year he seems to have taken a real step backwards and I don't think he is ever going to kick on and become a real asset to a team like us.

There's a lot of talk about wolves being after him this summer. I don't know a great deal about him as haven't followed cardiff so closely but in the past he's been linked with 'better' prem teams e.g. us, spurs and even arsenal but now he's linked to teams like stoke, wigan and wolves, this may suggest what jamie's saying about him not pushing on from a good start. If moyes is in for him though I'll trust his judgement!

There's a lot of talk about wolves being after him this summer. I don't know a great deal about him as haven't followed cardiff so closely but in the past he's been linked with 'better' prem teams e.g. us, spurs and even arsenal but now he's linked to teams like stoke, wigan and wolves, this may suggest what jamie's saying about him not pushing on from a good start. If moyes is in for him though I'll trust his judgement!

Ledley said that he would consider a move if Cardiff didn't get promoted didn't he?

I think that he will end up at Wolves or Stoke, a team like that. I think that Moyes will go in with a half hearted offer and him to be the type of player that wants to start small and work his way up. I woulden't rule him out of being at Goodison in future seasons. He will makea move to the Premiership soon, the only thing is that with him supporting the team he plays for he'll be tied whether to go or not. Will have to see.

I'd have him for the right price, and that price is cheap. So I can't see it happening.

Good news. Stephen Hunt would be a good buy too, he would do well at this club. Ledley seems to be well thought of with Moyes and he's been sold by his employers. They need to get some money in order to shape up in time for the next campaign and we will outbid Stoke City. The chance of European football will make him want to come and the FA Cup final is something nice to make him sway towards Goodison too.

I'd have him for the right price, and that price is cheap. So I can't see it happening.

The opposite now. The price seems right and fully expect him to sign within the summer days.

UPDATE!

Everton have checked on Cardiff City midfielder Joe Ledley with a view to signing him in the summer. The Wales international is almost certain to leave Ninian Park when the transfer window opens after turning down the offer of a new contract.

>READ<

A 3 million buy would be fine, not to much of a risk, and Moyes has a decent record of taking players from the championship and turning them into excellent premiership players, i.e Cahill and Lescott

That's why this move is so interesting, you get the feeling that any Championship player we buy will become a superstar within the country. That's a good thought to have, we certainly have a top manager at the club.

I would be surprised if he came for the price Sun are saying. He was targeted at six by Cardiff before so I don't know why they would want him to leave for less. It seems that due to his contract being up they'll sell at anything to save the risk of letting him go free. He's definatly going to be an Everton player that's for sure. Ledley is the name...let's get a song together B)

So £3.5m would be about what you'd expect to pay, they wouldn't risk missing out on that money as ledley would more than likely walk next summer.

That's the message Jones has been sending out in recent interviews, they'll look to get the best price they can with him not having long on his contract so they don't lose out completely.

That's the message Jones has been sending out in recent interviews, they'll look to get the best price they can with him not having long on his contract so they don't lose out completely.

It also give ledley the power to pick his move, as he can go to where he wants next summer, so if we rate him at £3.5m but stoke are willing to pay closer to £6m - cardiff will obviously accept the latter but ledley knows he can go where he wants for free in the summer so if the right move is available now he can sit on it for a year... so rather than accept £6m with ledley turning it down, cardiff may be forced to sell to where ledley wants to go.

Edited by c1982

It also give ledley the power to pick his move, as he can go to where he wants next summer, so if we rate him at £3.5m but stoke are willing to pay closer to £6m - cardiff will obviously accept the latter but ledley knows he can go where he wants for free in the summer so if the right move is available now he can sit on it for a year... so rather than accept £6m with ledley turning it down, cardiff may be forced to sell to where ledley wants to go.

True that, at the moment Ledley is in the driving seat and Cardiff will have to settle for what he wants. We could have him and money to spare for a big money signing.

• 2 weeks later...