IGNORED

Joe Ledley

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a good deal if they took Vic on loan with a view to buy or did a swap deal involving Ledley, He has had plenty of time to prove himself and bar some limelight in Europe he's been shite and will never be a top tier player in the Prem for me.

Vic for Ledley good stuff if true.

He was everyones hero in the Uefa ;)

So now he's crap ?

He's not crap but he believes he is far better than he is and has the habit of throwing his dummy out of the pram, a year in the lower leagues may just be a good move for Vic, he wanted to go to Stoke now we can benefit by signing Ledley as part of the deal, all round good business

As a Cardiff fan, I'd happily have Vic here, I'm sure he'd flourish in the Championship.

And Ledley coming to Everton? Well, he hasn't got the same spark as he did in previous seasons, but he'd still be a good acquisition. Let's be realistic, we're not going for a Fellaini purchase this summer, we're getting cover, squad players. Ledley may be pricey but he's young and he's still pretty talented. He wouldn't break the first team on arrival but if Ossie or Peanuts was injured he could step in, and he'd definately get a run out in the Carling and FA Cups next year. So why not?

We need a side midfiielder anyway.

Edited by The Regulator

As a Cardiff fan, I'd happily have Vic here, I'm sure he'd flourish in the Championship.

And Ledley coming to Everton? Well, he hasn't got the same spark as he did in previous seasons, but he'd still be a good acquisition. Let's be realistic, we're not going for a Fellaini purchase this summer, we're getting cover, squad players. Ledley may be pricey but he's young and he's still pretty talented. He wouldn't break the first team on arrival but if Ossie or Peanuts was injured he could step in, and he'd definately get a run out in the Carling and FA Cups next year. So why not?

We need a side midfiielder anyway.

Is that the sort of player we want tho? As a Cardiff fan aswel Reg, your one of few people who cud tell us how good he is, but not bein able to get into the 1st team, is a step backwards for me. We need to be pushin players like ossie onto the bench and lettin him maybe get the run-in's throughout the cup!

Is that the sort of player we want tho? As a Cardiff fan aswel Reg, your one of few people who cud tell us how good he is, but not bein able to get into the 1st team, is a step backwards for me. We need to be pushin players like ossie onto the bench and lettin him maybe get the run-in's throughout the cup!

Well the 1st team comment is to do with form...is Ledley a solid performer every game? Yes

Does he lead the team well and create chances? Yes

Was this season his best season? No

Ledley in a year under Moyes would be a starting player, but Ossie as we well know has fluctuations in form...he was brilliant against Fulham, so it's hard to say Ledley could come in and do a better job than that. Certainly though Ledley would be one in the future to displace Ossie.

But another thing we should be looking at is a midfield headache next season...

Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Pienaar, Osman and Neville will presumably all start, and I can't see Moyes keeping Jacobsen and Hibbert only to put Neville at RB....

So another midfielder would be fighting to start in our squad, no matter what....

Edited by The Regulator

Guest efctaxi
no, he was always crap.

you cant say you actually thought he was good.

Given a full season under his belt as a first team regular , I think he could come good .

Loaning him out might be a good move , but not to the championship .

He's still a kid , and things can happen overnight with kids , especially if they are inspired and confident .

All he needs is a pat on the back and who knows . This season must have wrecked his head .

Given a full season under his belt as a first team regular , I think he could come good .

He's still a kid , and things can happen overnight with kids , especially if they are inspired and confident .

All he needs is a pat on the back and who knows . This season must have wrecked his head .

He is a legend in his own lunchtime and I dont think its a pat on the back that he needs, a good kick up the arse would probably be more appropriate

At the moment he isnt anywhere near good enough to get a starting place at Everton so loaning him out might be a good option and I think somewhere like Cardiff would be good for him

Not having a dig at your comment mate or opinion but he's 21 he is not a 16 to 18 year old player who has not had the time to prove himself at this club he has played 65 games and scored 11 goals in all competitions that is a very poor record and offers very little elsewhere.

He has had plenty of chances and time to prove his worth at this club and for me bar that rare form in Europe he has been very poor, He would be a good player for a Championship side but we are a club trying to break into the Champions league and one of the best five sides in this league and for me players like Vic have no place here i mean seriously can anyone see him raising his game to a whole new level no chance!

Edited by EFC-Paul

Guest efctaxi
Not having a dig at your comment mate or opinion but he's 21 he is not a 16 to 18 year old player who has not had the time to prove himself at this club he has played 65 games and scored 11 goals in all competitions that is a very poor record and offers very little elsewhere.

He has had plenty of chances and time to prove his worth at this club and for me bar that rare form in Europe he has been very poor, He would be a good player for a Championship side but we are a club trying to break into the Champions league and one of the best five sides in this league and for me players like Vic have no place here i mean seriously can anyone see him raising his game to a whole new level no chance!

Your opinion is welcome mate , and any time you want to disagree with me , that's great . :)

However , saying he has had 65 games and scored 11 is a bit of a blanket statement , and hides the more important facts of his stay at Everton .

I won't state facts , as though I'm knowledgeable of the game , because I'm not , so instead it might be best for people to read this website , which I believe is a very good source for this kind of thing :

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats...599&cc=5739

You'll see quite clearly his number of starts , substitutions , goals , assists etc etc , throughout his Everton and international career .

I said 'Given a full season under his belt as a first team regular , I think he could come good' , which I still believe , as the stats prove he hasn't been given a good run .

At 21 , he is only just the other side of puberty , and most players don't hit their peak untill much later in life .

You can't hit any consistency , or gain experience from bit part seasons .

Sure , we probably can't take the risk of giving him a full season as a priority striker for obvious reasons , so a loan deal might be just what he needs .

However , I'm not sure the Championship is the best place for him to learn his trade , as teams similar to Hull and Stoke , or even the new boys could probably make good use of him .

The Championship wouldn't be a good move psychologically for him , but remember it's only my opinion , and anyone is welcome to disagree . :)

Your opinion is welcome mate , and any time you want to disagree with me , that's great . :)

However , saying he has had 65 games and scored 11 is a bit of a blanket statement , and hides the more important facts of his stay at Everton .

I won't state facts , as though I'm knowledgeable of the game , because I'm not , so instead it might be best for people to read this website , which I believe is a very good source for this kind of thing :

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats...599&cc=5739

You'll see quite clearly his number of starts , substitutions , goals , assists etc etc , throughout his Everton and international career .

I said 'Given a full season under his belt as a first team regular , I think he could come good' , which I still believe , as the stats prove he hasn't been given a good run .

At 21 , he is only just the other side of puberty , and most players don't hit their peak untill much later in life .

You can't hit any consistency , or gain experience from bit part seasons .

Sure , we probably can't take the risk of giving him a full season as a priority striker for obvious reasons , so a loan deal might be just what he needs .

However , I'm not sure the Championship is the best place for him to learn his trade , as teams similar to Hull and Stoke , or even the new boys could probably make good use of him .

The Championship wouldn't be a good move psychologically for him , but remember it's only my opinion , and anyone is welcome to disagree . :)

I agree with Paul mate, a spell in the championship could well help his confidence and increase his limited ability. Vic has a big head, he doesn't need breast feeding as he has had an easy life so far. What he needs is toughening up and the championship would be the place for him to find his level of expectation and ability. A few years ago Nick Chadwick was in Vic's position, many thought he was the real deal when he played in the reserves, better than Vic is at present, that lad has just been released by Shrewsbury town, basically his career is over. Danny Cad, who was again claimed to be the real deal has gone to Dundee Utd to work. Vic needs to grow up and fast, a spell at Cardiff could do that for him, it worked to a degree for Ossie at Derby, hopefully he'll come back a mature player and not a dummy chucker :)

Edited by Jimmy the blue

the question of his ability must have been raised when he was our only fit striker and could still not get a game.

for a lad of his size he goes down to easily, for a lad with his pace ive barely seen more than a half arsed jog, and as for complaining about the ball being played to him in the air when he actually did get a game, he needs to get real.

i too think a spell in the lower leagues would only benefit him, i still cant see him ever being a starter for everton.

Im not all the wise on former youngsters as i dont remember many, by the sounds of things we let our best youngsters go (Baines, Jags, Michael Johnson) and kept the crap ones (Jeffers, Cadamateri). But these days the youngster are coming on well, the likes of Rodwell and Gosling being in the first team so the future is bright for the youngsters.

We have one of the best, if not the best academy out there. Anichebe has always been off the mark and seems to just hold onto the fact that he scored a few vital goals in UEFA. He can't stay just on that basis and he showed what time of man he is when he kicked off with Moyes. Destination Cardiff IMO with Ledley coming the other way.

Has me happy anyways, let's get it all on paper. :)

We have one of the best, if not the best academy out there. Anichebe has always been off the mark and seems to just hold onto the fact that he scored a few vital goals in UEFA. He can't stay just on that basis and he showed what time of man he is when he kicked off with Moyes. Destination Cardiff IMO with Ledley coming the other way.

Has me happy anyways, let's get it all on paper. :)

Lets not get deluded about the quality of our academy now. While good, we have nothing on the achievements of Ajax, Boca, Sao Paulo, West Ham etc.

Not to mention we were impatient with our players in the past and let them go too early. But we seem to be changing that so hopefully we'll see more Rodwell's soon.

Slightly off topic , but how do you feel Everton have dealt with youngsters in the past ?

I don't think the club has been that bad with them but we fans often expect too much. Some have delivered whilst some get ideas above their station, but that is a fact at most clubs..........................this would make a good close season thread