IGNORED

Joe Ledley

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Ledley left footed? If we got him another left peg would improve the balanced of the side even further.

If Cardiff are refusing £5m bids for him though I'm not sure if I'd go much higher. We were quoted £8m at the start of the window when originally linked with him and Ramsey who went to Arsenal. If we were splashing that kind of money on players I think I'd rather go another extra £2m and get M'Bia for £10m.

I know we have a defensive midfielder in Castillo now but I'd prefer back up him as back up to M'Bia than risk having to play Neville or Jags there.

We seem to be building a squad around the already strong fully fit starting XI though so all is looking a lot rosier than a week or so back. Saying that, why we couldn't have done all of this pre-season is beyond me!

moyes is great at bringing in champ players and turning them into top prem players ie lescott, cahill etc

however anyone who thinks ledley is in the same bracket for quality is mad!!! ledley is not even in the top 10 championship players. moyes is a great manager but not a miracle worker. for £1-£2mill yes as potential for a good squad player but we are talking £5mill + for him that is ridiculous!!!!

moyes is great at bringing in champ players and turning them into top prem players ie lescott, cahill etc

however anyone who thinks ledley is in the same bracket for quality is mad!!! ledley is not even in the top 10 championship players. moyes is a great manager but not a miracle worker. for £1-£2mill yes as potential for a good squad player but we are talking £5mill + for him that is ridiculous!!!!

Did you feel the same way about Joleon?

i live in cardiff and am a bluebird as well as a toffee (so well pissed that portsmouth beat everton and cardiff so far this year :angry: ) and i can tell you without a shadow of doubt city can not afford to lose ledley and wont be bringing anyone else in who can do what he does. However, a january loan seems feasible, and a lot of mates who are city fans go on about how hard it will be to hold onto him, kind of the same as ramsey going to arsenal...

wouldnt get our hopes up over this one to be fair, sorry guys

Lescott was regarded as THE best defender outside of prem, people were just unsure about gamble on him because of his injuries.

As I said Ledley aint a patch of either lescotts or cahills quality even in the championship!!!!!

see what regulator says above, he confirms exactly what I was told, I'd pay £5mil, its better than a gamble on some total unknown from the back of beyond

We've got £18m going spare as Moutinho isn't coming here :angry:

Let's go in for this kid and Hunt.

Hey, I also hear that Robbie Savage is available on a free- I think he's just what we need in the middle of the park!!!!!! :D:D:D

(clearly the Robbie Savage remark was a joke, in case anyone misses the irony in that comment, although....!!! :D )

hes not gonne take us forward someone is defo robbin evertons money by the way any news on obinna an saha are deals complete

Saha's is finishing his medical (must have to tak it easy to make sure he doesn't injury himself) and we r still waiting for the appeal for his work permit.

Knowing the way our season has gone Obinna will be turned down for his permit and Saha will pass the medical then dislocate his shoulder holding up his new shirt.

Not holding much hope for new faces now