IGNORED

Andy Robertson

Maybe we could put in a cheeky joint bid for him, Ryan "The Scottish Messi" Gauld and John Souttar? Dundee United's young trio are attracting an increasing amount of attention, largely due to all the clubs checking out Gauld, but we've been linked with Souttar for a while now and if we made an offer for all three (maybe with a loan back for the rest of the season) we might be able to steal a march on all those clubs sniffing around Gauld.

I jest. I think.

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-united/everton-join-gauld-chase-1.146968

Yes, looks from the reports as though the top clubs from throughout Europe are well aware of Gauld and there will be a lot of interest.

Hadn't seen this from yesterday's Mirror, but they reckon a joint bid from us for left-back Robertson and centre-back Souttar could be on the cards:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfer-news-toffees-plot-2934744

Edited by efc1111

• 2 weeks later...

Unless he doesn't like what he sees of course. But I'd assume that the scouts (and possibly one of his assistant coaches) are convinced at least before he goes.

Should have mentioned the latter part because that's what I was thinking, i.e. they've liked what they've seen and now RM just wants to have a final look for himself.

He's only just joined them, signed a new 3 year deal and hot property.

It's a risk for us but could be a good bit of business. Like Stone's deal, I think it'll be a a low outlay, with many add-ons.

If the total transfer is worth a mil, even, the first installment I can't see being much over 500K.

Watched him on sky today. He isn't the quickest but likes to get forward and is comfy with the ball. Gauld came on in second half. Now that's a player!!!

Being from Scotland, we hear endless amounts about the Dundee Utd youngsters, and rightly so. However as they signed Robertson in the summer on a free transfer from a 4th tier team, I can't help but feel it is a steep price to pay.

On the other hand, Gauld is something special and merits all the applause being put in his direction, simply sensational with the ball at his feet and really will be a big player in the future. Having signed 2 new deals in the not so distant past (one before and one after his 18th birthday), he wouldn't come cheaply I wouldn't imagine, Dundee United have arguably sold well in the past.

Souttar, I've never seen him be outstanding while playing against my home team (Ross County) but I suppose has never had to be, there is a youngster with Kilmarnock Mark O'Hara, who has been brilliant and of a similar age to the Utd trio.

All this being said, the very much unsung hero at Dundee Utd would be Stuart Armstrong, the Scotland U21 captain, goes about his work a lot quieter than any of the previously mentioned players, while also being a vital part of their jigsaw.

I think it would take something special for Jackie Mcnamara to sell any of his starlets!!

Just a wee curve-ball to throw in....

• 2 weeks later...