IGNORED

Stevenage - FA Cup Fourth Round - Broadhall Way Stadium

Dalziel Kane

Quoted at the BBC website: "Everton have scored 4+ goals in back to back FA Cup matches for the first time since February 1931."

6-0 vs Palace, 5-3 vs Grimsby followed in next round (QF) with 9-1 vs Southport to then lose 1-0 in semi final at Old Trafford to West Bromwich Fucking Albion!

Sorry to hear of the injury to the player today but this will be good for morale in subsequent games especially our excellent neighbors next in line. Looks like the opposition managers prophecy of Everton finding it difficult today or hope of an upset, didn't come to pass. Well done to all involved on todays success. No-one to fear in round five, and whoever remains after this weekend will be more worried about this team for sure.

Is that better than first feared?

No medical background here but I think thats about 4 months in plaster (Basing this on a guy I went to school with, compound fracture of Fibula and Tibia) but might be less with the care he will get. Clean break should mean a less complicated recovery, reset the bone and let heal, should be no need for plates/screws etc. So id say season over but hopefully good for the start of next year. Id love if he could make the world cup but Id doubt it

Be nice to get Wigan in the Final.

Haven't seen any replays of Oviedo's injury. Not sure I want to either. At least that removes the last doubt about Baines to Man U.

Really feel for Oviedo though. Great player, good pro and nice lad.

I won't be looking at it.

No medical background here but I think thats about 4 months in plaster (Basing this on a guy I went to school with, compound fracture of Fibula and Tibia) but might be less with the care he will get. Clean break should mean a less complicated recovery, reset the bone and let heal, should be no need for plates/screws etc. So id say season over but hopefully good for the start of next year. Id love if he could make the world cup but Id doubt it

Clean break 10-12 weeks in plaster. As he is physically fit with high levels of oxygen in his blood might be 2 or even 3 week sooner, depending of course how his body reacts to calcium supplements and oxygen starvation/overload therapy ( to get the heart strong enabling white blood cells to do the repair) Cardio levels will be pretty good after 4 weeks from plaster off. Balance and turning exercise pretty spot at the same time, then 4 weeks heavy ball/cardio time. So what we are looking at an average case scenario is 19 maybe 20 weeks, when is the start of the world cup? He might just make it.

Clean break 10-12 weeks in plaster. As he is physically fit with high levels of oxygen in his blood might be 2 or even 3 week sooner, depending of course how his body reacts to calcium supplements and oxygen starvation/overload therapy ( to get the heart strong enabling white blood cells to do the repair) Cardio levels will be pretty good after 4 weeks from plaster off. Balance and turning exercise pretty spot at the same time, then 4 weeks heavy ball/cardio time. So what we are looking at an average case scenario is 19 maybe 20 weeks, when is the start of the world cup? He might just make it.

Sounds like you know a lot more than my hear say and what happened a friend logic!!

Costa Rica play Uruguay 20 weeks to the day in their first game... Would be a bit of a risk to bring him without much game time but you never know! Hope it works for him

not building hopes up here but i remember a similar senario to this fa cup back in 95 when we didnt concede until the semis.... forgot how that ended up.:-)

Referee was Robert Hart that day and Klinsmann scored from a nothing penalty if memory serves, should never have been awarded, totally bizarre decision, although as we were two goals ahead at the time, maybe Hart was just trying to make the game interesting for neutral observers.... If not for that, would have won the competition without a goal against, and joined a select club, so being reminded of that brings a little anger in retrospect

I got to see match "highlights" on that awful fucking ITV show (worse than BBC coverage which is saying something and more nauseating presenters also) and from what they could bother to feature, wasn't all one way traffic and they did have their chances especially in the early going. Didn't get to see much of the Oviedo incident or what even lead up to it, but realize he suffered a nasty setback today and wish his return soon. Take this opportunity to hope Stevenage home support had a day to remember and while you had beat some big name opposition in years past, could not produce another upset this time around.

To the above response,not saying we will win it, but will hopefully have a damn good attempt. Can Martinez win successive trophies with two different club outfits ? Maybe not, but it would be a great achievement if possible.