IGNORED

Jindřich Staněk

Louis

Howard's not getting younger, Joel has proven absolutely nothing, and Everton couldn't find so much as a struggling League 2 team that wanted Springthorpe. So yeah, I'd say we could use another kid with upside on the cheap.

thats very harsh in my opinion. I rated him when he played at Wigan, where he was only let down because of a poor defence when he got to play. Plus, hes 23 so has a long way to go in his own development anyway.

thats very harsh in my opinion. I rated him when he played at Wigan, where he was only let down because of a poor defence when he got to play. Plus, hes 23 so has a long way to go in his own development anyway.

It wasn't supposed to be a criticism of him. My point is that he's really young, raw, and has proven little at a truly high level like the EPL. There are absolutely no guarantees he'll be starter caliber for even a mid-table team, never mind a team pushing for CL. All I'm saying is that, with our starter getting up there in age, one unproven commodity behind him, and virtually nothing in the Academy, we absolutely could use another option.

• 6 months later...

if you watch the match highlights on the team website you'll see the first one is solely on ledson. he was pressured and made a terrible back pass/shot that ended in goal.