IGNORED

Spurs Away

Kev627

Yep. This game underlined that all we need is a 20 goal a year striker. Everything else was pretty nifty, but we lacked in and around the box, kind of ran out of ideas.

In all honesty, we should have had it won by half time. Only the players on the pitch are responsible for that.

With the free kick that lead to their goal. Its seems to be accepted in football that freekicks can be taken further back, you see this all the time, maybe with the assumption that its a 'disadvantage' to do so??? In this instance, I cant see past how jags n distin were completely turned off. Whatever your view, it was a good bit of quick thinking that well and truly got us in the bollocks.

Its a shame we got nothing out of this game points wise but there are several positives that I hope we can carry into the Palace game.

Im looking forward to March when I hope that the likes of Barkley, Gerry, McGeady, Lukaku and Traore are all much more match fit and sharp. So long as all goes to plan, we should push hard for those euro places....and the fa cup of course!!!

Can't believe that the great Everton are short of a striker. We must be way ahead of any other club in owning the best strikers over the years. From Dixie Dean through Tommy Lawton to Dave Hickson, Bob Latchford, Gary Lineker, big Dunc and many others. What we need is a 6ft 3in 14 stone player with a rocket shot in both feet, brilliant in the air, powerfull header of the ball. Quick, great first touch and able to run all day. Does anyone know where we can get this guy for less than £50m? I don't mean Emile Heskey either! No disrespect to the players who gave their all at Spurs but with a half decent striker we would have won 3 - 1.

Trying to remain objective and impartial this is my view of the game obviously my focus was on how Spurs played

1st Half Everton were quicker to the ball in every department, and had 4 reasonable chances to score and perhaps the best fell to Osman, had he had put it either side of Lloris then it would have been a different game, the crowd would have started getting on the players backs and it would have been difficult for us to chase the game. Penis and Baines were causing all sorts of strife to Walker and Danny Rose looked out of his depth, we didn't trouble you too much although Dembele was causing problems in central midfield, just a shame he had trouble distinguishing between a blue shirt and a white one overall 1st half was Evertons

2nd half we were better but Everton still posed a threat, Walker had a better half ( surely England has a better choice RB) Paulinho still could not make any sort of impact, Miralles seemed to just go past our players but fail to deliver, Coleman got better, but we started to get the run of the ball you were getting in the first We scored a well taken goal quick delivery from walker caught your defenders out and Adebayor finished well, then we did our best to let you get back into it, some strange substitutions Defoe was just to say thank you. Referee had an OK game and you could have had a penalty at the end

Everton impressed me and were unlucky today on chances created you perhaps should have won, on balance of play a draw would have been a fair result, The race for Top four still has a long way to go although unless Liverpool implode, or Suarez gets injured (here's hoping) 4th is theirs maybe even 3rd with the Scum 4th

Good Luck for the rest of the season

If your looking at it from a Spurs point of view he had an absolute blinder!

He practically got an assist for the goal by ignoring the rules of the game and then denies the penalty.

I see Newty says you see free kicks taken from further back all the time , but if a team gets a clear advantage from changing the position of the kick then it should be retaken from the correct position

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/02/10/keys-on-spurseverton/

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I see Newty says you see free kicks taken from further back all the time , but if a team gets a clear advantage from changing the position of the kick then it should be retaken from the correct position

Yeah, well you do dont you? Mind, usually in their own half were they just boot it from there.

Still, where ever it was taken from, jags n distin were still asleep...not even looking at the ball or adebayor.

Maybe they were expecting the Referee to enforce the rules of the game :P (Law 13 btw)

Listen, I cant realistically argue with someone who can quote what rule number it is!!! Ha!!!

But, Walker could quite easily have walked it forward a few yards, would only have taken an extra second, and those two would still not be looking. School boy error...combined with quick thinking....and of course, a ref that doesnt know rule 13. Refs a bloody wanker.

Yeah to be fair we should always play the wistle and Barry was at fault for spotting the ball and turning his back on it, but its the Refs job to know the rules and I hate the little wanker anyway so Im placing the blame firmly at his feet, especially sseing as though he made us re-take a free kick 10 minutes later

I think there is quite a lot of negativity in this thread given that was actually a pretty good performance all round and given that we dominated the game for large parts and created enough opportunities to win the game.

Like Romey says, first half we were all over them and they didn't have an answer for us. Second half we stepped off the gas a little and Spurs got hold of the ball a little more but I actually thought we were starting to turn the screw again just before they scored and at that point you could only really see one winner. We only really made one error all game and unfortunately they punished us for it, which is football at the highest level for you.

I'm not surprised Traore didn't come on and I would bet a fair wedge that if he had come on and not done much, certain people on here would be saying 'why bring him on when we have Deulofeu/McGeady sitting on the bench'. The problem we had when we went a goal down was that we didnt get control of the ball well enough, we became too eager to create something when it wasnt on and turned the ball over on too many occasions. We needed Barkley/Barry/McCarthy to get their foot on the ball and drive us forward, but with the lead Spurs were able to sit deeper, become more defensive and we struggled to move the ball well enough for those players to make an impact. We upped the tempo again late on but by that time it was too late. Its a game we shouldnt have lost, but if I am honest I dont mind losing like that because we played well enough over the 90 minutes to come away with 3 points and if we played that game again 10 times I would be very surprised if we didnt win at least half of them.

If we play like that against Palace, especially the first half, I'm confident we will get the 3 points.