IGNORED

Spurs Away

Kev627

A tricky one, hopefully after our win against Villa will give us a bit of momentum for this game but with Spurs only a single point behind us I have my doubts.

If we can't get a draw I have a horrible feeling we'll lose this one, not very confident at all we can win at WHL.

:dont know:

Guest rusty747

Del Boy back, Seamus back, Mcgeady more match fit, same for Barkley. Naismith has to start up front doesn't he.

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Barkley. Pienaar

Naismith

Mcgeady, Del Boy, Ossie, on the bench.

I'm having that. Spurs play 442 s tactically we know how they operate. Coleman needs to play and hopefully gerry can come on and rip them a new one. With traore on bench we have options. Pressure will be on them. Keep it tight first ten and go on from there. Think we will win 0-2 Naismith and baines pen

I would play Mirallas up front again.... I understand people's frustrations with this but he was offside a billion times on Saturday.... This was due to him doing what weve been crying out for our strikers to do, make the run in behind.... If he's offside 99 times there will always be that 1 when the flag doesn't go up and he will be good enough to put it away.... We then have naismith to be impact sub again.... Plus spurs won't defend with five at the back like villa and will have fullbacks bombing forward.

I would play Mirallas up front again.... I understand people's frustrations with this but he was offside a billion times on Saturday.... This was due to him doing what weve been crying out for our strikers to do, make the run in behind.... If he's offside 99 times there will always be that 1 when the flag doesn't go up and he will be good enough to put it away.... We then have naismith to be impact sub again.... Plus spurs won't defend with five at the back like villa and will have fullbacks bombing forward.

ha ha bret didn't think you'd be chomping on the bit for Naismith to start

Naismith only needed 1 or 2 chances, didnt get caught offside once that I remember. Id rather take those odds.

thought Mirallas was incredibly frustrating being the front man, and that we were much more of a threat with Naismith up front, giving Mirallas more freedom to drop back a bit and influence the game (not to mention, not have to worry about playing the offside line).

Id be going with :

................Howard................

...........Barry McCarthy.........

McGeady Pienaar Mirallas

................Naismith................

This would allow all 3 of our ACMs to rotate and cause them issues.

Still a bit nervous, because every time we can make a gap we bottle it. But against a 442, we should be able to dominate. Hoping they start Soldado upfront, so we can concentrate on Eriksson.

Edited by Matt

it will be really nice to have coleman and gerry back. we've really missed them. here's what i'd prefer

Howard

McCarthy Barry

McGeady Barkley Pienaar

Mirallas

Subs - Naismith for Mcgeady (Mirallas drops back), Osman for Pienaar (like for like), Gerry for Barkley.

Naismith will start up front IMO.

Deulofeu and Mcgeady will be the super subs.

Mcgeady isn't the man to track back IMO. Yesterday he pretty much operated in an advanced role hugging the touchline.

I'm not saying he doesn't defend. But he's not someone I would rely on to chase back and make challenges.

Im just thinking about pace down the wing. I agree that hes not someone I want putting tackles in. Hopefully they'll be pinned back too much to worry about that though :)

I think Mirallas will start up front and his pace and quality against an attacking Spurs team will bring more to the table than Naismith. Not knocking Naismith, but Kev just has that little bit extra and if we still need to score in the last 30 mins then get Naismith on to change the game again.

The most important thing about the Spurs game is that our midfield needs to dominate. As soon as McCarthy and Barry started imposing themselves on the game and especially the former when he started to break forward in attack, we started causing Villa so many more problems.

Guest blueboy122

Will be a tricky game but I believe we have enough to beat them at the lane. The real threat is Erikson he's the one that makes things happen for Spurs.

Will be interesting to see the battle between Dembele and McCarthy.

Would love Dembele here.

Will Lacina Traoure be on the bench?

Remember who we are playing before you all cum over naismith.... Spurs Wil attack and play a high line meaning wouldn't Mirallas be the better option cause he's quicker?

how eloquent...

Mirallas couldnt play the offside trap against Villa, because he couldnt read it - what hope has he got agains Spurs back 4?! Speed wont help if you dont know when to time your run, which is exactly what Naismith had nailed on.

Guest blueboy122

how eloquent...

Mirallas couldnt play the offside trap against Villa, because he couldnt read it - what hope has he got agains Spurs back 4?! Speed wont help if you dont know when to time your run, which is exactly what Naismith had nailed on.

Agreed Naismith has got to play upfront for me with Mirallas getting stuck in and creating behind him.

Edited by blueboy122

I'd play Naismith with Mirallas behind him - point being Mirallas can play and run off Naismith.

Brett I kinda get the impression that even if Naismith scored every game from now till the end of the season your opion of him wouldn't change.

Here's a crazy one for ya... given the choice of berbatov or naismith up front at the moment... Naismith.... Talent or lack of can sometimes fall short of attitude and energy.

Do I rate Naismith as a footballer? No, but then I don't rate Lukaku as a footballer either.

Yes Matt and he really showed how he can hold that attack against the shite for 80 minutes.... Some players are good players and some players are impact players.... Lets leave the bickering there Matt... I really hope naismith plays the full 90 minutes then we'll carry this on.... Tale between legs will come to mind after the game.

how eloquent...

Mirallas ran some really good lines but on occasions the ball to him just took too long. A couple of times he went too early as well but its hard to keep onside when the guy playing the pass takes an extra touch when he should be passing. On 3 or 4 occasions that happened to Mirallas at the weekend and he was a little unlucky in my eyes.

Naismith has been good when he has played up front but at the same time lets not get carried away because we seem to go through this one game at a time cycle with players like him. If he scores he is should start if he doesnt then he should be banished to the reserves. He had a much easier time of it than Mirallas against Villa for two reasons. Firstly, we were playing with more energy partly due to the midfield grabbing hold of the game and through the introduction of Pienaar. Secondly, he also had Mirallas playing off of his shoulder (or the other way round) and he wasnt on his own trying to make things happen.

I think Naismith has done well in his 3 games up front and he has taking his chances really well. I thought he did as well as could have realistically been expected in the derby in the circumstances but I seem to remember Martinez being given a bit of jip in some quarters for bringing him on ahead of others.

The Spurs game will be a lot different to our last two games as they will play their own way and wont sit back and try and hit us on the break. I think that will suit Mirallas more than Naismith but at the same time I wouldnt be surprised if Martinez changed things round a little and went with both of them.

This is going to be a tough game. If we go there, close them down and play a patient passing game then we can come away with something. If we play like we did against Liverpool then maybe not....

Haven't really watched Spurs this season but if we play a high line like we did against Liverpool then we will be punished. With the likes of Lennon with his pace.

Yes Matt and he really showed how he can hold that attack against the shite for 80 minutes.... Some players are good players and some players are impact players.... Lets leave the bickering there Matt... I really hope naismith plays the full 90 minutes then we'll carry this on.... Tale between legs will come to mind after the game.

not sure you can judge him on the Liverpool game, but I understand your concern. I'd only add that he's in a run of form up top and Mirallas has looked better not being the front man. Hopefully all 4 of our attacking line can rotate and cause issues - I don't care, and I'm sure we're on the same page when I say, so long as we win :)

Mirallas ran some really good lines but on occasions the ball to him just took too long. A couple of times he went too early as well but its hard to keep onside when the guy playing the pass takes an extra touch when he should be passing. On 3 or 4 occasions that happened to Mirallas at the weekend and he was a little unlucky in my eyes.

Naismith has been good when he has played up front but at the same time lets not get carried away because we seem to go through this one game at a time cycle with players like him. If he scores he is should start if he doesnt then he should be banished to the reserves. He had a much easier time of it than Mirallas against Villa for two reasons. Firstly, we were playing with more energy partly due to the midfield grabbing hold of the game and through the introduction of Pienaar. Secondly, he also had Mirallas playing off of his shoulder (or the other way round) and he wasnt on his own trying to make things happen.

I think Naismith has done well in his 3 games up front and he has taking his chances really well. I thought he did as well as could have realistically been expected in the derby in the circumstances but I seem to remember Martinez being given a bit of jip in some quarters for bringing him on ahead of others.

The Spurs game will be a lot different to our last two games as they will play their own way and wont sit back and try and hit us on the break. I think that will suit Mirallas more than Naismith but at the same time I wouldnt be surprised if Martinez changed things round a little and went with both of them.

agreed. I just think Mirallas behind Naismith will provide more of the through ball opportunities than if Naisy was behind Mirallas

Agree also that we took too long on occasion to get the ball to Kev, something Mirallas himself managed to do once he dropped back.

Guest blueboy122

I'd play Naismith with Mirallas behind him - point being Mirallas can play and run off Naismith.

Brett I kinda get the impression that even if Naismith scored every game from now till the end of the season your opion of him wouldn't change.

Here's a crazy one for ya... given the choice of berbatov or naismith up front at the moment... Naismith.... Talent or lack of can sometimes fall short of attitude and energy.

Do I rate Naismith as a footballer? No, but then I don't rate Lukaku as a footballer either.

Absolutely spot on. Same thinking as me Haf.

Naismith can win the flick on's all day as well he has a terrific leap and Mirallas will have to gamble on Naismith winning the header hoping to be put through.