IGNORED

Spurs Away

Kev627

Your midfield is average. No stand out players at Spurs anymore. You've got a couple of big names like Eriksen but other than him I don't fear Spurs anymore. Very misjointed side. I reckon we'll win convincingly.

Dont agree that the midfield is average, as individuals they have some belters. But defo agree that they are disjointed. When they sold bale, they went mental buying, what, 9 players??? There was no method to the madness. It was crazy, and ruined a fairly good team.

I'll wait until I see the line ups before I think of a result. If we have a pretty much full strength line up...I would fancy us. Looking forward to this game.

Dont agree that the midfield is average, as individuals they have some belters. But defo agree that they are disjointed. When they sold bale, they went mental buying, what, 9 players??? There was no method to the madness. It was crazy, and ruined a fairly good team.

I'll wait until I see the line ups before I think of a result. If we have a pretty much full strength line up...I would fancy us. Looking forward to this game.

Seven players...

P439_zps9568e76b.png

It wasn't just Bale who left during the summer.

David Bentley, William Gallas, Steven Caulker, Clint Dempsey, Tom Huddlestone and Scott Parker all were transferred to new clubs while Jake Livermore, Tom Carroll, Iago Falque and Benoit Assou-Akotto all went out on loan.

Edited by THFC6061

It wasn't just Bale who left during the summer.

David Bentley, William Gallas, Steven Caulker, Clint Dempsey, Tom Huddlestone and Scott Parker all were transferred to new clubs while Jake Livermore, Tom Carroll, Iago Falque and Benoit Assou-Akotto all went out on loan.

But wasnt it the sale of Bale that started the spending spree on those 7 players? I remember thinking pre-bale sale that spurs had a great chance of pushing for the league. When Bale went, I thought fair play, great fee...they'll reinvest that on 3 quality players and be even stronger. But then remember thinking 'what the hell?...they're blowing it...all those jonny foreigners will take a while to settle....too many too many' ha!!!

But wasnt it the sale of Bale that started the spending spree on those 7 players? I remember thinking pre-bale sale that spurs had a great chance of pushing for the league. When Bale went, I thought fair play, great fee...they'll reinvest that on 3 quality players and be even stronger. But then remember thinking 'what the hell?...they're blowing it...all those jonny foreigners will take a while to settle....too many too many' ha!!!

No, all of the seven signings were made while Bale was still a Spurs player.

Obviously with the knowledge of the Bale money incoming.

I'd beg to differ.

The club did everything it possibly could to persude Bale to stay, but the player was determined to join Real Madrid.

Under those circumstances, all that remained was to try to get the best price possible for him, which I think we did.

THFC6061 I never understood why they sold so many of those players in the summer. Some of the players that were moved on or loaned out were quality, whilst perhaps not title-challenging quality (and it's understandable to raise your ambition/goals) they were players who kept you consistently beating teams of less quality and keeping you up in the top 4/5.

When Bale left it was a perfect opportunity to build on that strong core squad you had with 3 or so world-class signings, but instead Levy and AVB just went out and put the cleaners through the place and brought in all these foreigners, who were obviously going to take time to settle.

I think they really got it wrong, I had you guys challenging for the title once the Bale deal was finalised, but now I can honestly say I'll be very disappointed if we don't get the three points today.

This is an Everton Forum and I don't want to focus on Spuds, but as the point has been made we actually made a profit of £8 million in transfers, whether we bought wisely is a matter for some heated debate on the Spurs forums.

I think Martinez has shown what a quality manager he is, and I said at the time Moyes is the wrong man for united, and even if they spend big in the summer will not be in the Job long term.

I thought the loss of Felaini would hurt Everton and I am happy to be proved wrong, although I think they lack a bit of firepower up front although Lukaku on his day can be a match winner. I wish Everton all the best and if we don't finish 4th I hope they do at Liverpool's and UTD's Expense as I think the top 3 will be City, Chavs and Scum in that order

I'd beg to differ.

The club did everything it possibly could to persude Bale to stay, but the player was determined to join Real Madrid.

Under those circumstances, all that remained was to try to get the best price possible for him, which I think we did.

Interesting... can't agree though. To most of the football world it was clear that Spurs' spending was linked directly to the sale of Gareth Bale. It was frivolous in many ways (I was very jealous) - like early Man City or QPR when they got their money in and reflection of a club who had just gained or were guaranteed to gain a major financial boost.

Guest blueboy122

Your midfield is average. No stand out players at Spurs anymore. You've got a couple of big names like Eriksen but other than him I don't fear Spurs anymore. Very misjointed side. I reckon we'll win convincingly.

That's a big statement .

Spurs in my opinion have a really strong midfield.

We wont beat them convincingly if we do get a result it will be hard fought and certainly not easy.

Of course you wouldn't, you know Evertons Midfield better than me, but a fulll Brazilian international, a Belgian international , and young lad that since his debut in December has the best passing and tackling stats in the league suggests that our midfield are no slouch's, its other areas that let us down and where you have to exploit

plus you have Eriksson, who is one of my favourite players!

I'd beg to differ.

Ok, I know this is an everton forum but nothing wrong with a bit of cross club 'gossip'!!!

On that thinking then, if spurs were already going to spend £100mill on player recruitment and keep Bale...you must be expecting another massive recruitment this summer? £100mill has set the standard plus £80mill = £180-200mill in your summer kitty??? Am I right with that? Or do u do an evertonian and stand outside the stadium, shrug your shoulders and shout 'Wheres the money gone Bill?'!!!

Guest blueboy122

I'm worried about that midfield up against theirs tbh, hope I'm wrong but I feel it's a bit weak and will be dominated.

Exactly what I first thought.

Lots of options on the bench... Maybe to many options on the bench I would have started a few of them.

I'm worried about that midfield up against theirs tbh, hope I'm wrong but I feel it's a bit weak and will be dominated.

4231 vs 4231. Difference is we've been playing this formation all season, Sherwood has changed back to 442 for the most part which says to me they're setting up to stop us by flooding the midfield

Where did you get them Mike and are they genuine

Everton twitter feed, and Facebook feed, I think

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
McCarthey Barry
Naismith Osman Pienaar
Mirallas

or

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
McCarthey Barry
Mirallas Osman Pienaar
Naismith

Or Osman on the right and Miallas behind Naismith or Vise/versa?

God who knows how we're going to line up...

I am probably Naismiths least favorite fan, however, he's warrented a start for me so good luck to him. Its great to see that back 4 back in place with them two infront of them.

Pienaar will have a lot to prove in this game, as will Naismith. I can also see Osman finally turning up too.

Im nervous about this one, but optamistic!!

2 players who can keep the ball and find those little through balls and our inform, stand-in striker? Makes sense to me against their midfield.

I hope you are right. Just my first thought when I seen all 3 of them starting. Pienaar has been looking too slow and clumsy in possesion...osman is a workhorse but can also be clumsy in possession. ...and naismith an in form striker?! I hope he does well, he deserves a run up top. But in form striker? That made me chuckle a bit...2 against bottom of league one and one against villa?