IGNORED

Cheeky Barcodes

Just read this on newsnow. It is a critique on possible signings for the barcodes and which of our players they might deign good enough to take of our hands.

This says it all about the skunks. They really are imbued with a false sense of importance in the general scheme of things. I can think of only one player in their team that might make our bench and that's the goalie.

This attitude of "we're one of the big boys who should be winning things every year," which is based on a championship win when Jackie Milburn was the finest striker in the land, is why they will always be a laughing stock. Fickle, fickle, fickle fans with no knowledge of the game.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/newcastlen...t=&go=headlines

Like any of our players would take a step down to a little toy town club like that anyway.

It wasn't that long ago that they were in the old second division getting crowds of 10,000.

Come on Lillestrom, knock em out of the Intertoto and make them all cry into their glasses of Newky brown ......again.

I give Roeder till Christmas and if they haven't got the league sewn up by then, they'll all be crying for his head.

Edited by One Terry Curran

I had an argument with a skunk fan on another forum a while ago and told him their fans were only interested when they did well and they had never won anything. Obviously he didnt like it and told me to check my facts starying with the 50's and come back when we had won as many "european cups" as they had!

I checked it out and outlined while they had won i think its 3 FA cups in the 50's we had also won FA cups, League titles and Cup Winners cup along with being ever present in the top flight of english football.

He then reminded me of their illustrious European reccord :lol:

Anglo Italin Cup, Friars Cup blah blah blah i read the history and the Anglo Italian cup was worse than the Intertoto and the Friars Cup was invertation only due to trade links within Europe!

He still wouldnt buy it and started quoting pre 50's FA Cup wins so i listed all our League & cup wins against all theirs ignoring "micky mouse cups".

He still wouldnt have it and listed all their Semi final apperarences so i spat my dummy and called him every name under the sun and accuses him of knowing fuck all about football. At this point he outlined that newcastle had been league champions on about 20 occasions.

Correct you stupit mug but you have to be relagated first to win the seccond & third devisions and we dont get relegated!

He shut his mouth after that but it just shows that they think the sun shines out of their black and white stripy arses. Stupid pricks i think wearing nuffin but a replica shirt in the middle of winter has given them all brain freeze!

"The last player that can be useful to us is James Beattie. He will provide us with something different from the likes of Owen, Luque and Ameobi"

Yes - Decent fookin forward

I wouldnt mind, they couldnt afford any of our player even the reserves there that skint :lol:

I read that and was going to post it myself. I hate Newcastle fans, how the feck they can be called the best fans in the world is beyond me. They never get behind their team, when they were really in the shit they couldnt pay fans to go to St. James'.

Good luck on a relegation fight this season skunks, i hope you lose the fight. Twats.

Wow - I knew that the skunks had high expectations - but fooking hell - dont they just love themselves...

Fact is, Owen would have come to us instead had he not wanted to go back to the RS. Nobody opts for the cold, dirty, good for nothing north east of England unless there is massive money involved.

And thats the only reason why the skunks do well - massive money incentives. Look at it logically -the team is full of mercenaries. Even Shearer didn't go up there until he had won a few things - then went for big money.

Look at Sunderland and Middlesborough - they are barely surviving and cant attract players of calibre.

Shite.

And whats this shite about Cahill being a dirty cheat?!?!? Is that because in the 04/05 season he stole the show againt the skunks and showed them what playing in central mid was all about and it only cost us £2m!!!

Guest blueboy122

yer wen they were 17th or sumthin it even sed on match of the day wen they played villa i remember linekar sayin that the attendence was poor and it had clips of fans burning there shirts and all that.best fans in the world but am sorry they truely arent tranmere have better fans then the fuckin geordies

I read that and was going to post it on here as well.

The thing that makes me laugh is that there not interested in AJ or Arteta.

Don't think there is anyone in the Barcodes team that I would have apart from Owen

40078[/snapback]

are you kidding me? noone bar owen? how about parker, given, or even n'zogbia, n'zogbia is one amazing player

id take given, but he isnt the best surely both of Chelseas are the two best? imo anyway

40712[/snapback]

its a view shared by many including a fair few top pundits that given is better than cech, the difference beign as goldy said given plays infrotn of a shtiter defence, but who amtters msot to the team, makes the most stops, and wins the msot points for his team, its given, easily

its a view shared by many including a fair few top pundits that given is better than cech, the difference beign as goldy said given plays infrotn of a shtiter defence, but who amtters msot to the team, makes the most stops, and wins the msot points for his team, its given, easily

40728[/snapback]

does given play in front of a shity defence or behind :lol:

i now are defence is crapy but he is still one of the best goalies in the prem :P

does given play in front of a shity defence or behind :lol:

i now are defence is crapy but he is still one of the best goalies in the prem :P

41970[/snapback]

agreed yes but i think cech is the best imo given is supereb but would be thought of as the best keeper in the prem at a bigger club e.g arse or manure