IGNORED

Watch out....Barrow AFC are coming!

My nearest local football team of any note is Barrow AFC.

They were doing Ok in the Conference Premier until last season when they imploded and went down to the Conference North. Had a really bad start this season. Looked like they would go down again.Sacked the manager and got a local bloke in, Darren Edmondson. Now mid table.

But. An old local bloke who now lives in America has just bought them. Multi millionaire businessman. He's bringing in his own trusted team of top dogs to get the club rolling.

So look out over the coming years. Barrow AFC. You heard it here first.

Haha.

My nearest local football team of any note is Barrow AFC.

They were doing Ok in the Conference Premier until last season when they imploded and went down to the Conference North. Had a really bad start this season. Looked like they would go down again.Sacked the manager and got a local bloke in, Darren Edmondson. Now mid table.

But. An old local bloke who now lives in America has just bought them. Multi millionaire businessman. He's bringing in his own trusted team of top dogs to get the club rolling.

So look out over the coming years. Barrow AFC. You heard it here first.

Haha.

Atmosphere any good there mate?

Yeah. Pretty nifty. They take their shoes off every time they score. Fearsome, passionate local support by most accounts. Bit of an old school hooligan feel to it.

I don't go though, cos it's a shit hole. Only times I've been is as a youth football coach a couple of times. The local league uses the ground for cup finals for the kids. Great experience for the youngsters. I went to a youth cup final as a spectator too where we made a great atmosphere with air horns and constant chanting. Brilliant day.

(Sorry to ride over your poor wum attempt there!)

Yeah. Pretty nifty. They take their shoes off every time they score. Fearsome, passionate local support by most accounts. Bit of an old school hooligan feel to it.

I don't go though, cos it's a shit hole. Only times I've been is as a youth football coach a couple of times. The local league uses the ground for cup finals for the kids. Great experience for the youngsters. I went to a youth cup final as a spectator too where we made a great atmosphere with air horns and constant chanting. Brilliant day.

(Sorry to ride over your poor wum attempt there!)

Sounds like a great crowd. Think MC was trying to be nice with a genuine question ;)

Sounds like a great crowd. Think MC was trying to be nice with a genuine question ;)

It's always hard to tell though isn't it? Written text, no emotion and all that. Plus the question was hot on the heels of the man city atmosphere debate.

Anyway, yeah, I'd imagine it's similar at a lot of small grounds with mostly standing only space.

It's always hard to tell though isn't it? Written text, no emotion and all that. Plus the question was hot on the heels of the man city atmosphere debate.

Anyway, yeah, I'd imagine it's similar at a lot of small grounds with mostly standing only space.

I judge thread to thread (where I can!)

I love lower league football. because its honest. I hate it because its shite, and therefore I should (and could) play there!

I remember Barrow as a Division 3 (North) team. In those days there was no automatic promotion to the Leagues from non-League. Teams had to be voted in/voted out. Peterborough took years to be voted in, even though they won everything as a non-league club. Teams like Barrow and Workington were always at risk of being voted out as it was so difficult to travel there. Incidentally, teams didn't have to finish bottom of their league to be voted out, can't remember which team it was but one team finished sixth from bottom and got voted out.

Two teams I remember being voted out were New Brighton and Southport.