IGNORED

New contracts

Ive been thinking that with Roberto stating he wants players rewarded this summer I can see us signing a couple of loans and a few freebies. Maybe one or two mid range signings like Diame and Gauld and just one decent money forward. I think a big portion of our money will go on new deals for Stones,Mirrallas,Coleman,Naismith,Barkley, McCarthy etc. I think we have to do this and Bill needs to tie up Roberto aswell

I read somewhere the other day that Bobby has a 3.5M release clause. Never heard a manager having that type of clause in his contract before and it may be a load of bollocks. If it is true though that needs to be gone in any new contract.

I think if we tied players down on new contracts it shows we aren't a selling club. We have a great squad at the moment and would love for everyone to get new contracts.

I can't see it being true about Martinez having a 3.5mil contract clause. I would be surprised. Have you seen in the papers that Spurs are interested in Martinez? As if he would leave Everton to go to Spurs....

We don't need to show we are not a selling club we have always done the business thats right for us regardless of what people think of us. I can't think of one deal where we have really lost out in the long run?

I listened to Roberto talk about contracts somewhere months ago and his thoughts on it are interesting. Basically as you become more integral within the squad he increases the wages slightly to reflect that and maybe extends a year or 2 based on the current contract length. That way he shows players they are wanted and their involvement and hard work is appreciated. This does 2 things, makes sure that important players contracts don't run down and also stops their heads being turned by talks of big money moves in the last 2 years of their deal which in turn stops us being held to ransom in contract renewal negotiations.

The man is a football genius off the field as well as on it!

I agree totally. Its like all of our jobs I guess. Although the figures are a bit different ahem. Can you imagine your boss when he doesn't have to just get you in and say we value you and appreciate you we want to reward you? Although the money might not matter to them it must make you want to play for the manager/club. And more importantly if its the club reaching out to the player the agent will probably get a cut for doing fuck all which makes him happy and not wanting to unsettle the player

Ive been thinking that with Roberto stating he wants players rewarded this summer I can see us signing a couple of loans and a few freebies. Maybe one or two mid range signings like Diame and Gauld and just one decent money forward. I think a big portion of our money will go on new deals for Stones,Mirrallas,Coleman,Naismith,Barkley, McCarthy etc. I think we have to do this and Bill needs to tie up Roberto aswell

Stones agent is being a bit of an arsehole though isnt he? Hope we can get him tied down on a decent contract. Mirallas needs one too, I believe he's only got two years left on his currently one, hope he dosnt think he's bigger than the squad and demand mega-bucks. Nobody deserves a new deal more than Naismith and Barkley, who the latter only has a year and a half left I think, so get it tied down sooner rather than later!

As for McCarthey? He's only into a year of his current contract which was described as a "long term" one. Lets not throw money away.

Stones agent is being a bit of an arsehole though isnt he? Hope we can get him tied down on a decent contract. Mirallas needs one too, I believe he's only got two years left on his currently one, hope he dosnt think he's bigger than the squad and demand mega-bucks. Nobody deserves a new deal more than Naismith and Barkley, who the latter only has a year and a half left I think, so get it tied down sooner rather than later!

As for McCarthey? He's only into a year of his current contract which was described as a "long term" one. Lets not throw money away.

why whats happening with stones agent?

Rooney esque...

All depends whats in the best interests for Stones, his old agent may have daft clauses, in short I just dont like agents.

If he goes the world cup his new agents will likely push for £50k a week... I think RM needs to help the lad here. Get him on a 5 year deal though.