IGNORED

Class managers

Like many others I've been struck by Roberto's class. He always seems to say the right thing at the right time, plays the game as it should be played and is inscrutably honest in his dealings with the press, the fans and other clubs when it's transfer talk.

I think in his earlier days Wenger was the same, but time (and lower success rates) have changed him somewhat.

Guus Hiddinck is a man of Roberto's character too I reckon, but after that I'm struggling to find anyone who comes up to scratch. Certainly nobody else in the Prem. Lower down, I don't know enough to be able to say much.

Anyone have any ideas?

Like many others I've been struck by Roberto's class. He always seems to say the right thing at the right time, plays the game as it should be played and is inscrutably honest in his dealings with the press, the fans and other clubs when it's transfer talk.

I think in his earlier days Wenger was the same, but time (and lower success rates) have changed him somewhat.

Guus Hiddinck is a man of Roberto's character too I reckon, but after that I'm struggling to find anyone who comes up to scratch. Certainly nobody else in the Prem. Lower down, I don't know enough to be able to say much.

Anyone have any ideas?

I like Holloway's honesty in interviews, and of course there's the entertainment factor from him too. Steve Bruce is pretty fair and honest too, and Tony Pulis

He's in the Prem next season but was lower down - Nigel Pearson, Leicester. Don't know how successful he'll be at the top level or how long he'll remain as he is at that level but he also seems calm, "matter of fact" and just calls it as he sees it without bias.

Mick McCarthy, when at Wolves, being interviewed before the 2nd leg of a play off to get into the Prem;

Interviewer; "I hear you were up at 5am painting your garage door?"

McCarthy; "Yes, that's right"

Interviewer: "What possessed you to do that on the morning of one of the biggest games in Wolves' history?"

McCarthy: "It needed painting!"

McCarthy is a decent managerial figure who still gets castigated from a minority of Ipswich supporters, and who were never in favor of his appointment from day one. Missing out on the play-offs by a small margin didn't help either, but he's seen success with other clubs and there's worse names they could've ended up with after the general shit from Paul Jewell (and Roy Keane)

Pardew is another name that often gets criticized and his past achievements sometimes go unnoticed but doesn't always deserve the level of vitriol that goes his way. Is Rogers worthy of inclusion ? Liverpool could well be a one-hit wonder this season. Some key players may well be leaving close season and don't think they'll be able to replicate the success of the last nine months. Had some minor success with Swansea but has been disappointing with Liverpool for the most part. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Holloway, Redknapp and Pulis are other names to consider, as is Martin O Neill.

Twitchy 'Arry? You have to be joking! We're talking about classy managers here, not cock-heads tip-toeing along the border of illegality.

I certainly had time for Ranieri. Classy? Yes.

Mick McCarthy I remember as a 'good guy' but I think also it's easy to forget him because of his record in the Prem. Great at getting teams up.....but couldn't keep them there. Nice guy? Yes. Classy......er, nah, don't think so.

Redknapp took an unfashionable club such as Portsmouth to an FA Cup win, and brought in some fine names that eventually assembled a very capable team. Add to that, had some significant success with Tottenham (champions league qualification ?), but it's still a name that people choose to castigate or there's some personal issue involved. I simply recognize him as a figure that has some significant achievements to his name, and say again - that's who the english national team should've appointed.

Ok fair enough if he's not a name worthy of inclusion then we can leave him out this time. Maybe Holloway deserves a mention also, for his efforts with Blackpool and taking them into the EPL. A colorful character, if nothing else.

Paul Lambert could've been included here if still at Norwich, but his disaster tenure at AVFC warrants that he's no longer worthy of inclusion. Pity really, as he's a decent individual.

Pelegrini maybe the only one in the PL.

I do like Sherwood's honest, passionate personality though.

Pelegrini is very classy. Sherwood is honest but he's full of himself, I'm not a fan of his at all. But as they say, opinions are like arseholes haha

McCarthy is a decent managerial figure who still gets castigated from a minority of Ipswich supporters, and who were never in favor of his appointment from day one. Missing out on the play-offs by a small margin didn't help either, but he's seen success with other clubs and there's worse names they could've ended up with after the general shit from Paul Jewell (and Roy Keane)

Pardew is another name that often gets criticized and his past achievements sometimes go unnoticed but doesn't always deserve the level of vitriol that goes his way. Is Rogers worthy of inclusion ? Liverpool could well be a one-hit wonder this season. Some key players may well be leaving close season and don't think they'll be able to replicate the success of the last nine months. Had some minor success with Swansea but has been disappointing with Liverpool for the most part. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

:rolleyes::doh: