IGNORED

England Songs

All shite. Makes us come across as a joke. All the drum beating etc etc. rule Britannia... It's all cringeworthy.

Get "swing Low, sweet chariot" on the go it worked in the rugby and I couldn't care less if it's origins are welsh.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Guest Nikica

I'm not into the pro-Britain bollocks but I haven't got a problem with people singing that stuff as long as it's peaceful and not harmful to others. However, that brass band has been playing the same shite tunes for about twenty years now. They need to get some new material

All shite. Makes us come across as a joke. All the drum beating etc etc. rule Britannia... It's all cringeworthy.

Get "swing Low, sweet chariot" on the go it worked in the rugby and I couldn't care less if it's origins are welsh.

Welsh? It was written by a freed slave in America. Fuck knows how England rugby got hold of it.

But I agree most of England's songs are pretty awful.....and Rule Bitannia is about Britain, not England so it's a bit daft.

no more than the overpaid ponces on the field...

Guest Nikica

People may disagree but for me the current songs put a carnival atmosphere in the air. As though this is all one big joke.

I sort of get what you mean. What's the point in some mental brass band playing shite tunes at a football game? It's like the vuvuzelas, part of a certain culture but fairly annoying.

I sort of get what you mean. What's the point in some mental brass band playing shite tunes at a football game? It's like the vuvuzelas, part of a certain culture but fairly annoying.

Flower of Scotland's a decent song

Guest Nikica

Flower of Scotland's a decent song

Aye, I'm not really patriotic as such, but speaking objectively it is a pretty nice song. I like it, although the lyrics glorify war (even if it was defensive) and that doesn't really sit that well with me.

Aye, I'm not really patriotic as such, but speaking objectively it is a pretty nice song. I like it, although the lyrics glorify war (even if it was defensive) and that doesn't really sit that well with me.

Was meant to give you green! There! Bloody iPhone screen is to small for my hands!

Guest Nikica

Was meant to give you green! There! Bloody iPhone screen is to small for my hands!

Was about to say you are a harsh man :rofl::(

But yeah, it is a good song. Shame we won't hear it this summer. As I say I'm not patriotic generally but I like to see our national team do well.