IGNORED

If only I'd known then what I know now!

i have no clue who these people are to be honest, but you are a great story teller john and i love reading them. glad to have you here and you make me proud to be an Evertonian.

Bill Shankley was manager of our local rivals (Liverpool) and was possibly the greatest football manager ever. Denis Law played for both Manchester clubs and was one of the finest forwards of all time. Look them up on Google.

It was Bill Shankley who first said "Some people think football is a matter of life and death...... It is far more important than that" and many other famous quotes

• 2 weeks later...

Shankly ended up resenting Liverpool in his retirement as he still turned up at training sessions which Paisley was trying to run and he became a bit of an embarrassment to them as, quite rightly, he wasn't welcome to interfere with what Paisley was trying to do. Shankly knew he had a big reputation - he was a sort of Mourinho or Ferguson of his time with his quips, anecdotes and mind-games about opponents. When Liverpool wouldn't give him a seat on the Board he really chucked his toys and as he lived closer to Bellefield than to Melwood he spent a lot of his time mooching around there, leading him to quote;

"I have been received more warmly by Everton than I have by Liverpool. It is a scandal that I must write these words about the club I helped to build"