IGNORED

Everton Newbie

Badger1998

Hello all,

My name is Will and I'm from Wisconsin in the USA. I'm a huge sports fan in general, but am very new to watching soccer (er, football).

I did a great deal of research on the various teams in the EPL and decided that Everton was the home for me! My reasons included 1) I don't like being a front runner, but like cheering for teams that have a chance to compete; 2) Tim Howard; 3) the color blue; and 4) the reputation of Everton supporters.

I look forward to cheering along with you all!

Best,

Will

So I watched a bit of Arsenal v. Besiktas in the Champion's League and I got to wondering. Who do Everton supporters (and EPL fans in general) support when other EPL teams play teams from outside the league? I apologize if this is a stupid questions.

Not a stupid question.

9/10 will be supporting the "foreigners" I'd say, particularly when the English club is one of the monied elite. Wigan/Hull etc playing in Europe I wish then well but the "big" teams I want to crash and burn every time.

Not a stupid question.

9/10 will be supporting the "foreigners" I'd say, particularly when the English club is one of the monied elite. Wigan/Hull etc playing in Europe I wish then well but the "big" teams I want to crash and burn every time.

Excellent! That would be my "gut instinct" too. Hopefully I can cheer on Everton in the Champions League next year!

Not a stupid question.

For me it depends a little more than that, but I would say it's accurate in general. I will on occasion support a team like Arsenal, for example, since I appreciate the way they play and do business. For most of the big teams this is not true. But since we're playing Arsenal this weekend I wanted them to crash and burn as well :).

Edit: Welcome to the best club in the world, badger!

Edited by evilweevil

Welcome mate! I had pretty similar reasons to you, especially the one about not wanting to jump on one of the cash cow clubs. Also for me it was Tim Cahill rather than Howard, as I'm Aussie.

I'm also with you on the term soccer :rofl: Football is an umbrella term in my mind and covers Rugby, Australian Rules, Gaelic, Gridiron etc.