IGNORED

Who would you have as captain?

Paddock

I would say Tim Howard. The way he got in Costa face is what you need from your captain. Costa was mocking Coleman for scoring an OG and you could see Howard fuming. That is what you need from your captain someone vocal. That and he lets his defence know if they are playing cr@p and gives them praise when playing well. Has all the qualities to be a good captain in my eyes.

Jagielka can get the defence organized as well and I do think he is a good captain but if he wasn't there then Howard. :)

I would say Tim Howard. The way he got in Costa face is what you need from your captain. Costa was mocking Coleman for scoring an OG and you could see Howard fuming. That is what you need from your captain someone vocal. That and he lets his defence know if they are playing cr@p and gives them praise when playing well. Has all the qualities to be a good captain in my eyes.

Jagielka can get the defence organized as well and I do think he is a good captain but if he wasn't there then Howard. :)

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, a captain should keep himself composed and not put himself in the position to get sent off.

Edited by Matt

no good having your captain looking after the team from the dressing room it should go to bainsy

Howard - a strong shout. I'm surprised he wasn't in more of a contention when Neville left.

Coleman - Seems too shy and humble.

Baines - Again, too shy I think.

Barry - So - so, but I don't think he's been at the club long enough and is getting old now too, I would like more of a long term option.

McCarthey - I like him I really do, but there's just some reason, and I don't know why, I wouldn't like him as skipper.

Naismith - I dont mean to lose faith in him, but I just can't see this form lasting forever, and consistently I can't see him being a week in week out starter.

In the next 2 or 3 season I'd hope that either John Stones or Ross Barkley would take our captaincy. They're young enough to fill that void and seem to be switched on enough to fulfil it. Barkley It think would be our best contender, the lad bleeds blue.

Just to be clear however, I don't agree on stripping Jagielka of his captaincy just yet, that would be extremely unfair and would absolutely destroy his confidence.

My comments in the last thread seem to be quite on the money!

I would still go for McCarthy or Baines. Probably a little soon for the former in my opinion but Baines really stepped up as captain (against Arsenal? last year) and I remember him launching into Arteta after he pulled one of his many snide tricks. He would be my pick all day long.