IGNORED

Helping Hand Please

Btay

Hey boys,

As I've mentioned in an earlier topic I'm moving to England from Australia in January. I know it's a stretch and I'm asking a bit, but I'm a Plumber by trade and work for myself here in Brisbane.. If any of you lads know or are plumbers and looking for a worker or could possibly help me out at all I would appreciate it beyond words! I am moving to Manchester however!( talked my mate out of London so I can make the trip to Goodison much easier )

Would also love to get along to a few matches with you lot and hopefully were still going strong in Europe!!

Cheers,

Brad

Edited by Btay

Shouldn't have any problem finding plumbing work mate. Though you won't be able to touch gas without a Gas Safe permit. Not sure exactly what qualifications you'll need to obtain that. Could be a lengthy process.

I'm an electrician and we're governed up to our eye balls. I have to be assessed by a governing body yearly just to be able to work in domestic premises. Costs me about a £1000.00 in assessment fees and meter calibration etc. before I even start. This is all only possible because I'm a fully qualified spark (5 years training) with the required certs and experience.

I started my own business just over 3 years ago and haven't looked back. If you're finding it tough getting employment once you're over here self employment is always a decent option within the trades.

Haha not a problem J, I should be alright picking up work I just thought I would try my hand here first!

Mate any advise would be hugely appreciated!! Do you live in Manchester yourself?

Live near enough and most of my mates went to uni there, so I spent many a week day and weekend out in Manchester.

If there's something specific you wish to know, just ask. If I can't advise or answer, I'll be sure to find out for you if I can.

Shouldn't have any problem finding plumbing work mate. Though you won't be able to touch gas without a Gas Safe permit. Not sure exactly what qualifications you'll need to obtain that. Could be a lengthy process.

I'm an electrician and we're governed up to our eye balls. I have to be assessed by a governing body yearly just to be able to work in domestic premises. Costs me about a £1000.00 in assessment fees and meter calibration etc. before I even start. This is all only possible because I'm a fully qualified spark (5 years training) with the required certs and experience.

I started my own business just over 3 years ago and haven't looked back. If you're finding it tough getting employment once you're over here self employment is always a decent option within the trades.

Ah good on you mate!! It's a bit the same back here, extra courses after completion of your apprenticeship (that are like 8,000 AU) and then plumbing is heavily governed (inspections) only gas is self certified... But I'm happy to just work for someone, especially since it would all be so differant to how we do things here!!

Thanks again J, we had a quick look the other day for places to rent and had a few we liked come up around The Etihad, absolutely no idea what the area itself is like! (I'll definitely have to get a few of you out for a beer!)

It is a bit run down before the stadium was built, Ancoats is alright but avoid Hyde. Didsbury is my favourite but the traffic is a nightmare into town from there, however there's a tram only about 25 mins to town. Chortlon is where a lot of the post grads go once they've become young professionals would be worth checking out. Salford quays likewise. There's castlefield and northern quarter in the city centre if your budget is high.

)

It is a bit run down before the stadium was built, Ancoats is alright but avoid Hyde. Didsbury is my favourite but the traffic is a nightmare into town from there, however there's a tram only about 25 mins to town. Chortlon is where a lot of the post grads go once they've become young professionals would be worth checking out. Salford quays likewise. There's castlefield and northern quarter in the city centre if your budget is high.

Awesome, I'll look into those areas. Thanks pal!!