IGNORED

Spurs

markjazzbassist

I understand that all amazing talent should be kept at the club, but I can't help feeling that if we were offered £40+ for Barkley we should take it. I don't think he can fit into the way Roberto wants to play. It's like taking a player out of Brazil and putting them into the German team. He holds onto the ball far to much. I had the same gut feeling when we had fellaini and was slated when I wanted him sold but sometimes it's just what's best for the club and team going forward.

Guest millwallforever

Roberto's analysis of the game appears frank and sober-minded to me. He intended to take them out as early as possible. Had it not been for the two defensive errors, things would have looked very different. Shit happens I guess; in our case far too often.

I understand that all amazing talent should be kept at the club, but I can't help feeling that if we were offered £40+ for Barkley we should take it. I don't think he can fit into the way Roberto wants to play. It's like taking a player out of Brazil and putting them into the German team. He holds onto the ball far to much. I had the same gut feeling when we had fellaini and was slated when I wanted him sold but sometimes it's just what's best for the club and team going forward.

Get rid of Barkley.... OMFG!

Totally agree. I also don't buy into this "he's young he'll learn" way of thinking. The lads a good player of that there is no doubt but he's a greedy fucker and he is more concerned with Ross Barkley than he is the team. I don't think that will change I think he is just that type of player.

I also don't think he is anywhere near as good as some make him out to be. He's hardly set the world alight since he came back.

Lukaku gets relentlessly slaughtered for his failings yet he's practically the same age yet Barkley is consistently given a walk over for consistanly under performing because he runs at teams. The end product of both players is similar. They both usually lose the ball.

It might be true that Barkley doesn't fit Roberto's style, but why put Roberto over Barkley?

Totally agree. I also don't buy into this "he's young he'll learn" way of thinking. The lads a good player of that there is no doubt but he's a greedy fucker and he is more concerned with Ross Barkley than he is the team. I don't think that will change I think he is just that type of player.

I also don't think he is anywhere near as good as some make him out to be. He's hardly set the world alight since he came back.

Lukaku gets relentlessly slaughtered for his failings yet he's practically the same age yet Barkley is consistently given a walk over for consistanly under performing because he runs at teams. The end product of both players is similar. They both usually lose the ball.

30.11.2014 - 1 follower.

TBF, this is true. Lukaku has been heavily complained about here, but has Barkley made the difference we all hoped he would? I would argue not yet.

There's a number any sane side would accept for Barkley. I don't think 40M is it, but if it goes much higher than that, maybe we could flip that money for my personal football crush, Kevin De Bruyne, who is already the player we hope that Barkley can become.

So we should sack the manager to make way for Barkleys style of football.

As much as I'm not a Martinez fan. I've heard it all now.

Not necessarily, I'm just saying if the style's don't match, who's to blame? And I'm not really defending Barkley, who I agree has looked selfish.

What I am saying is that it is the manager's job to get these guys playing to the best of their abilities. If management thinks that the manager isn't getting the best out of the players, I would say the manger needs to go, not the players.

There's a long way to go in this season, and although I'm pessimistic, it would be stupid to sell Barkley or sack Martinez at this point. Rash, emotional decisions are not smart business.

...agian, really think about it before posting. When you lose a player like Barkley u automatically think ur going backwards and feel like you've been dealt a bad card and have become a selling club again. BUT, there is plenty of skilful young talents out there but also possess a really good killer pass and a great footballing

Brain. I watched lampard today, he came on for twenty minutes, his head was on a swivel all game totally aware of his next move or run and anticipated everything. He done more in that game thatn Barkley has done all season. Barkley is a terrific talent but maybe not an everton player.

...agian, really think about it before posting. When you lose a player like Barkley u automatically think ur going backwards and feel like you've been dealt a bad card and have become a selling club again. BUT, there is plenty of skilful young talents out there but also possess a really good killer pass and a great footballing

Brain. I watched lampard today, he came on for twenty minutes, his head was on a swivel all game totally aware of his next move or run and anticipated everything. He done more in that game thatn Barkley has done all season. Barkley is a terrific talent but maybe not an everton player.

I think he already hit the nail on the head. Sell Barkley buy De Bruyne.

I'd have him all day long over Barkley.

I think he already hit the nail on the head. Sell Barkley buy De Bruyne.

I'd have him all day long over Barkley.

I wish it were possible. Du Bruyne is a couple of years older, but more accomplished in my opinion.

It isn't so simple. Roberto has his vision. Does Barkley fit in that vision? (I personally hope so.) If he does, how does he plan to get the best out of him? If not, who is available that does? It's a tough freaking job, and I respect that. Given the quality of players though, I can't help but feel Everton is underperforming at this point.

Do people really think that Barkley is that bad? Here is one thing I can't get over. You don't buy talent, you develop it. Case in point the difference Spurs last two seasons. I would rather hold onto Barkley than sell him no doubt. Sure, this season isn't going as well as last season, but maybe instead of focusing on the next 5 months, we need to focus on the next 5 years.

Also, am I the only one that thought Barkley was one of the better players out there? Sure, he is selfish on the ball. But, he was also the one baiting defenders and opening up runs on the counter-attack. Lest anyone forget, I may add, he spent half the time helping on the defensive end.

Do people really think that Barkley is that bad? Here is one thing I can't get over. You don't buy talent, you develop it. Case in point the difference Spurs last two seasons. I would rather hold onto Barkley than sell him no doubt. Sure, this season isn't going as well as last season, but maybe instead of focusing on the next 5 months, we need to focus on the next 5 years.

Also, am I the only one that thought Barkley was one of the better players out there? Sure, he is selfish on the ball. But, he was also the one baiting defenders and opening up runs on the counter-attack. Lest anyone forget, I may add, he spent half the time helping on the defensive end.

HHe played as good as everybody else. He went back a nd sideways. The reason being... His eyes where glued to the ball and not head up. He has two great feet, can head, can score, can dribble, can dive, can pass, can control....... But without vision he will be nothing everyone is expecting him to be. Eto has half his talent now but has more impact in that position cause of his vision.

I think the back four looked strangers again.

the keeper could have done a lot better with the first goal

Barry was not fit enough to return.

the first goal was excellent but isolated.

the whole team was flat and clueless

we got what we deserved nothing.

why do we keep changing the team Chelsea don't

we never get a settled side.

as for Barkley hes not the player people say he is if he was he would not have gone on loan and he would play every week

like Harvey, kendal, ball, Reid, sheedy, etc if you are turned 18 and called a whiz kid you should be playing every week.

HHe played as good as everybody else. He went back a nd sideways. The reason being... His eyes where glued to the ball and not head up. He has two great feet, can head, can score, can dribble, can dive, can pass, can control....... But without vision he will be nothing everyone is expecting him to be. Eto has half his talent now but has more impact in that position cause of his vision.

Of course. But this "Let's sell Ross Barkley and everything will be better" narrative is getting old.

I knew i'd get this reaction but take away the one special moments in every other game and he is too inconsistent and would warrant some serious cash. He will take the entire team on against hull on Wednesday and score a goal of the season but for the next eight games do nothing.

I just don't see the critisism. He is a class act a link from the limited central midfielders to attack. He's that good we're relying on him to pull us out the shit every game.

There is absolutely no reason we should sell. Barkley, Mirallas & Stones are the only players I wouldn't sell.

Barkley & Mirallas we could not afford to replace with instant effect. We'd be essentially building again if they went

He didn't have a good game, nobody did. That said he was by no means the worst player. But he had no end product. It's all well and good beating 5 men but if you're going to then get tackled by the 6th what's the point. Time and time again he should have been looking for the pass today or the little through ball but his head is firmly down eyes on the ball. He rarely looks up but I don't think that's because he can't, I think it's because he chooses not to because he wants to make it the Ross Barkley show. Not just today either, he does it often. Does well, tries to make room for a shot gets closed down realises then instead of releasing the ball he tries again same scenario until eventually he just loses it and the attack breaks down.

I just don't see the critisism. He is a class act a link from the limited central midfielders to attack. He's that good we're relying on him to pull us out the shit every game.

There is absolutely no reason we should sell. Barkley, Mirallas & Stones are the only players I wouldn't sell.

Barkley & Mirallas we could not afford to replace with instant effect. We'd be essentially building again if they went

40 for Barkley 25 for De Bruyne.

Absolute bargain of a deal in my eyes.

No you're not I thought he was very good today.... He was trying to make things happen. You are absolutely spot on! He is being developed. The whole squad is still in development.

So you'd replace Barkley with De Bruyne? No thanks.

It wouldnt be a case of replace. As someone added before, you need to look at the next five years not five months. If we kept barkley and struggle financially to keep up with other squads, he'd be off anyway in a few years if we where to decline. If we were to get around 40+ for him you would certainly buy a good attacking mid, preferably really young and another really good striker (proven).. Yes, barkley would go to city and score a wonder goal every five weeks but I look back at everyone squirting over Rodwell at one point, he moved and never fulfilled potential.

Edited by Brett Angel

So you'd replace Barkley with De Bruyne? No thanks.

In a heart beat mate and pocket a chunk of change.

I just think because he's one of our own we over hype Barkley I really do. As I say the lads got bags of potential but is a bit of a headless chicken and is greedy with it. Add to this his constant giving the ball away and I don't think he is or ever will be anywhere near the player people think he is/will become.

He wont ever get anywhere near Rooney are my thoughts on him. To be honest I'm torn on him. I freely admit I could be drastically wrong about him because he's obviously got ability . But the more I see of him the more I'm convinced he wont reach anywhere near whats expected of him.

True "wonder kids" are flying at his age and he just isn't.

Also, De Bruyne was he even on the field the last two times we played against Wolfsburg?

I take it you never watched the games mate?

He scored a fabulous free kick at Goodison and absolutely ran the show in the first half at the VW Arena. Second half not so much but was still there stand out player by a mile.

I take it you never watched the games mate?

He scored a fabulous free kick at Goodison and absolutely ran the show in the first half at the VW Arena. Second half not so much but was still there stand out player by a mile.

Remember the free kick, but I don't remember him being that dominant. Running the ball yes, but being effective not so much.

It wouldnt be a case of replace. As someone added before, you need to look at the next five years not five months. If we kept barkley and struggle financially to keep up with other squads, he'd be off anyway in a few years if we where to decline. If we were to get around 40+ for him you would certainly buy a good attacking mid, preferably really young and another really good striker (proven).. Yes, barkley would go to city and score a wonder goal every five weeks but I look back at everyone squirting over Rodwell at one point, he moved and never fulfilled potential.

Sure. But IMO most of the financial stability will come from some savvy marketing. As has been reflected in another thread, dropping Chang as a sponsor and getting a better distributor. I would kill for an American sponsor on the shirt.