IGNORED

Spurs

markjazzbassist

Good evening my Scouse mates, Sorry for not wishing you good luck before the game.

I thought it was entertaining and perhaps a draw might have been fairer, 2 Penalty shouts at the end, and in my opinion it would have been harsh if either was given, you had your spells of domination, but failed to break us down, I felt your full backs got into good crossing positions, but seemed scared to, which is a waste considering Lukaku's threat, Coleman is very similar to our Kyle Walker like's to get forward but does Fuck all, Howard should have done better for Ericksen's.

From our point of View it was a much needed win ( although I would rather it was against anyone else) and a very good batling display, the ref was awful although got the penalties right.

Good luck the rest of the season, Hope you beat Liverpool, Le Scum, Chelski and shut those Big headed City fans up, who quite frankly are getting on my tits, they forget it wasn't that long ago they were playing Colchester Utd.

Good evening my Scouse mates, Sorry for not wishing you good luck before the game.

I thought it was entertaining and perhaps a draw might have been fairer, 2 Penalty shouts at the end, and in my opinion it would have been harsh if either was given, you had your spells of domination, but failed to break us down, I felt your full backs got into good crossing positions, but seemed scared to, which is a waste considering Lukaku's threat, Coleman is very similar to our Kyle Walker like's to get forward but does Fuck all, Howard should have done better for Ericksen's.

From our point of View it was a much needed win ( although I would rather it was against anyone else) and a very good batling display, the ref was awful although got the penalties right.

Good luck the rest of the season, Hope you beat Liverpool, Le Scum, Chelski and shut those Big headed City fans up, who quite frankly are getting on my tits, they forget it wasn't that long ago they were playing Colchester Utd.

Thanks Paul, the pain is wearing off a bit now but we were very poor. Expected big things from that XI but it just didn't happen, luckily another game coming up quickly to bury the memory.

TBF, I've been a bit disappointed in Coleman this season tbh. He does get into good positions still be tends to go sideways or backwards when passing the ball. Maybe teams are trying to nullify him. I guess that's probably the case. Brilliant player though.

Can't believe the Barkley bashing. He and Lukaku are the future of Everton, and whilst they're both starters in the 11 each week, THEY'RE BOTH STILL 21!

FFS, give them time. We've watched both of them do amazing things on the field, they're not over hyped duds. Give it three or four seasons and we'll be lucky to still have either of them.

Mirallas was playing in Greece until his mid 20's until Moyes picked him up, and he's come along to be one of the best wingers in the premier league. Those saying Barkley has learnt everything he will learn need to get their heads checked.

Can't believe the Barkley bashing. He and Lukaku are the future of Everton, and whilst they're both starters in the 11 each week, THEY'RE BOTH STILL 21!

FFS, give them time. We've watched both of them do amazing things on the field, they're not over hyped duds. Give it three or four seasons and we'll be lucky to still have either of them.

Mirallas was playing in Greece until his mid 20's until Moyes picked him up, and he's come along to be one of the best wingers in the premier league. Those saying Barkley has learnt everything he will learn need to get their heads checked.

Yes and Michael Owen was a phenomenon at 18. Your point being?

Guest millwallforever

Yes and Michael Owen was a phenomenon at 18. Your point being?

Michael Owen began to fade as a footballer while he was still in his mid-twenties. Being an early bloomer usually means that what nature gave to you will also be taken away by her much earlier. Owen himself has acknowledged that the early end to his career had to do with his peaking early. Pearso's point seems perfectly valid to me: he goes by what is natural - you by an exception.

Those who think that a footballer is a finished product by the time he is 21 really do need to have their heads examined. Barkley is tactically immature, but so were Platini and Zidane at his age. The very foundation of Platini's game was tactical intelligence. He had limited pace and was no dazzling dribbler, but he had the vision of a Napoleon Bonaparte.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2244507/Michael-Owen-admits-playing-too-young.html

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2292/editorials/2013/03/20/3838514/michael-owen-a-case-of-peaking-too-early-and-burning-out

Edited by millwallforever

wot a joke platini and zidane were like Barkley at the same age, Rooney was miles ahead of Barkley at 17 vision does not come in your mid twenty's ross will be a good midfielder but not what everyone's saying, look at gazza at 18 and that's not ross

Guest millwallforever

I would assume that Owen himself understands the causes of his own demise better than some caddy on some fans' forum.

Gazza was bouncing blubber, Rooney brute force (easily neutralised, as we have seen during big tournaments), whereas Barkley is elegance in motion. Barkley could go on to become every bit as good as Zidane.

as for Owen he was finished through a hamstring injury because he was great at 18

I would assume that Owen himself understands the causes of his own demise better than some caddy on some fans' forum.

Gazza was bouncing blubber, Rooney brute force (easily neutralised, as we have seen during big tournaments), whereas Barkley is elegance in motion. Barkley could go on to become every bit as good as Zidane.

are I wish I was taking the same substance as your good self gazza was the best midfielder in the last 30 years and to compare

ross with zin and platini just goes to show what diverse opinions occur in football

(come down gently my friend)

I would assume that Owen himself understands the causes of his own demise better than some caddy on some fans' forum. Gazza was bouncing blubber, Rooney brute force (easily neutralised, as we have seen during big tournaments), whereas Barkley is elegance in motion. Barkley could go on to become every bit as good as Zidane.

Anyone who didn't rate Gazza is a fruitcake!

are I wish I was taking the same substance as your good self gazza was the best midfielder in the last 30 years and to compare

ross with zin and platini just goes to show what diverse opinions occur in football

(come down gently my friend)

Barkley will never become a great. He will end up in the same league as tarrabt. Amazing feet withou t

he footballing brain to go with it.

Yep I need to think as far back as Naismith...

And what with Naismith.... Like you've proved a point with that one.... Check the dates with all my remarks about the guy, he was being played out of position and was shite. You base your opinion on what you see. Unlike you with Lukaku mate who just has a grudge against the lad. Get over it son, your wife chose you in the end.

And what with Naismith.... Like you've proved a point with that one.... Check the dates with all my remarks about the guy, he was being played out of position and was shite. You base your opinion on what you see. Unlike you with Lukaku mate who just has a grudge against the lad. Get over it son, your wife chose you in the end.

Blimey grudges, how much time do we have to list yours?

I don't have a grudge, just can't accept he is as close to being a quality striker as many think. Plus I feel we've wasted a lot of our budget on him that could have been used better.

Blimey grudges, how much time do we have to list yours?

I don't have a grudge, just can't accept he is as close to being a quality striker as many think. Plus I feel we've wasted a lot of our budget on him that could have been used better.

It was Martinez who spent that amount on him that's not Lukakus fault. Chelsea wanted it, we paid it Lukaku has nothing to do with it.

I don't get why people pull the lad down because of his price tag. If he set it himself then yes but he's powerless.

Blame Martinez if you're blaming anyone but personally I think he has got it right witg him. We will make money on Lukaku I'm convinced of it.

It was Martinez who spent that amount on him that's not Lukakus fault. Chelsea wanted it, we paid it Lukaku has nothing to do with it.

I don't get why people pull the lad down because of his price tag. If he set it himself then yes but he's powerless.

Blame Martinez if you're blaming anyone but personally I think he has got it right witg him. We will make money on Lukaku I'm convinced of it.

I have and will blame Martinez for Lukaku. He was very short sighted with regards to his striker signing if he knew he had £28m to spend he could have been more expansive.

I blame Lukaku for bigging himself up as some complete striker when in actual fact he is a fox in the box.

Did I want another striker? The answer is that I did not believe Lukaku was a striker that would be suited to us. Yes he scores goals, so did Kevin Phillips. I always thought that Lukaku was the ideal impact striker and that for £20m plus he would be suited to a club like PSG, Man City or stay at Chelsea to be utilised that way. Pretty much in the way that Ole Gunnar was used at Man United.

The player I identified was Wilfried Bony who I believe to be more competent all round player and Danny Welbeck at around £12m being a more prudent option based on the required development needs of both players.

I have and will blame Martinez for Lukaku. He was very short sighted with regards to his striker signing if he knew he had £28m to spend he could have been more expansive.

I blame Lukaku for bigging himself up as some complete striker when in actual fact he is a fox in the box.

Did I want another striker? The answer is that I did not believe Lukaku was a striker that would be suited to us. Yes he scores goals, so did Kevin Phillips. I always thought that Lukaku was the ideal impact striker and that for £20m plus he would be suited to a club like PSG, Man City or stay at Chelsea to be utilised that way. Pretty much in the way that Ole Gunnar was used at Man United.

The player I identified was Wilfried Bony who I believe to be more competent all round player and Danny Welbeck at around £12m being a more prudent option based on the required development needs of both players.

Bony is 5 years older than him. Welbeck is looking to be a great signing for Arsenal.... But who wouldn't with the amount of playmakers they have in that team. Edited by MC11

I think you'll find that that was again Martinez prattling on about him being a complete striker. Lukaku said Martinez wanted him to be one and he was trying hard to improve his all round game and become one. At no point has Lukaku claimed to be anything. All the hype has come from Martinez telling people how good he is.

Bony is 5 years older than him. Welbeck is looking to be a great signing for Arsenal.... But who wouldn't with the amount of playmakers they have in that team.

Considering he is playing out wide left at present he is doing very well indeed in order to accomodate Giroud.

Beat me to it with Bony. Where was he and what had he done at 21. When Lukaku is Bonys age now he will be a much better player.

4 years ago when he was 21/22 Bony had scored 17 goals in half a season and banged in a fair few in the europa cup. The following year he went and joined Vitesse where he scored a shed load of goals. Lukaku has been treated like footballing royalty since he was 16 and stood out because of the physical size of him to his peers - ironically its not his size that is an attribute - its his finishing.

My opinion is that Rom isn't going to be the all round striker we need - that will be fine if we set up to play in a way that would suit his style but we don't. I said all along that our style is wrong for Rom and have been proven right in that sense - which is a pity as we have blown a big chunk of money on him. Either set up to suit him or hope that he can be a more rounded player.

My opinion was that a more physically agressive striker who can link play between the lines and operate with defenders around him would be better which is why I believed Bony to be the best target. Anyhow - we have Rom and lets hope he does the business tonight - we need 3 points.

I think you'll find that that was again Martinez prattling on about him being a complete striker. Lukaku said Martinez wanted him to be one and he was trying hard to improve his all round game and become one. At no point has Lukaku claimed to be anything. All the hype has come from Martinez telling people how good he is.

"Let me say that I am now the complete striker. I never thought I was a target man, a No.9 who could play with his back to the goal. I always wanted to run at defenders. That is still a great quality, but now I can do both. I love playing as a real striker in the box now.

“I have been playing all season for a team which has more than 60 percent of the time possession of the ball.

“Technically I have been improving as a player. I play for a manager who makes his team play really good football and I don’t have to chase the ball all the time.

“Getting the ball so often close to the goal becomes a natural thing.

“My concentration is better than ever on finishing, rather than on running with the ball. I am absolutely convinced that moving to Everton was the best step in my career. When you feel everything is working out, it makes you so relaxed and happy as a player in big matches.’’