IGNORED

Spurs

markjazzbassist

I think they deserved the 3 points for shutting us out and making us complete dog turd.....

What everyone has failed to see is that both goals came directly from playing the ball short from Howard! Something Martinez introduced. If you've got teams who press high and hard it's always a risky thing to do!

You've just said yourself we dominated possesion. I've said we don't create chances but just because it never fell for us or we struggled to create anything doesn't mean Tottenham deserved to win. We gave them two goals other than that they done fuck all. They hardly deserved 3 points out of it.

Possession is nice Paddock but it doesn't score you goals. Didn't Wolfsburg have something like 60% of the possession last game? Does that mean that they deserved to win? I know that's an extreme and not exactly what you're saying but a team that does not create chances, whether it's Everton or anyone else does not deserve to win or draw. Spurs had their chances (granted given to them) but they capitalized.

I assume you think Wolfsburg deserved a point on Thursday then? Because they had all the possession and the only think we looked to do was hit them on the break.

Possession means shag all if you don't create. We didn't create so deserved nothing from the game. There has to be purpose to possession, a plan, an idea. We had none of those things.

Wolfsburg probably deserved all 3 but they never got them.

Much the same here today. I'm as didappointed as the next person but no way did Spurs deserve all 3 points there. Not even like they caught us with great counter attacking play. We gifted them both goals. I suppose in a way that could mean we deserved nothing but they were just as shit as us if not worse.

Guest millwallforever

Our game plan went down the drain in the last minute of the 1st half. That was the decisive moment. We used to have poachers such as Tony Cottee and Adrian Heath who were eminently competent when it came to exploiting tight spaces. We have no such attacking players in our squad of today.

We simply did not intimidate the bastards; we are too nice. How I would have loved to have a crook like Diego Costa or a war criminal like Luis Suarez in our team.

Edited by millwallforever

Maybe in terms of possession we deserved something.

The increasing problem with all this possession, which I like us having, is that we don't use it correctly. I think it's right to pass it across the back and build up but it's poor to work it forward then all the way back again...and that happened to often today.

To often it was only Lukaku in the box with 6 or so spurs players in there. That's no good. When we've done all that work to get the ball up into wide positions, more players need to attack the box. Not stand around the edge of it.

I expect this to get sorted out...then we'll be at the races again.

Guest rusty747

To be honest, Wofsburg could at least have had 2 or 3 goals on Thursday. Decent keeping and bad finishing cost them. Today, Howard and Distin conspired to give them one chance and Barry gave them another - both of which were clinically dispatched.

Guest millwallforever

There are so many things that Besic does right. He is still getting accustomed to the pace of the English game. He'll come good.

I can now see why Besic was only £4 million. He will cost us in so many games. His overall game is very good but his awareness around him is dreadful. And that's the most important thing he needs cause where he plays.

Possession is nice Paddock but it doesn't score you goals. Didn't Wolfsburg have something like 60% of the possession last game? Does that mean that they deserved to win? I know that's an extreme and not exactly what you're saying but a team that does not create chances, whether it's Everton or anyone else does not deserve to win or draw. Spurs had their chances (granted given to them) but they capitalized.

No it doesn't but it also earns you a foothold in the game. If we hadn't handed them thatgoal at the end of the first half and went in 1-1 and that second half went exactly as that one did would you be saying we deserved to lose? Course not. We couldn't score or even create so we got nothing, we probably didn't deserve much more than a point but Spurs were fucking shite as well and to say they deserved the points on merit is ludicrous. We gave them that today they never won it on merit.

No it doesn't but it also earns you a foothold in the game. If we hadn't handed them thatgoal at the end of the first half and went in 1-1 and that second half went exactly as that one did would you be saying we deserved to lose? Course not. We couldn't score or even create so we got nothing, we probably didn't deserve much more than a point but Spurs were fucking shite as well and to say they deserved the points on merit is ludicrous. We gave them that today they never won it on merit.

Definitely, possession "helps" you get a foothold on a game but many times have a team like Mourinhos old Chelsea teams given up possession in exchange for quick counters and goal scoring opportunities. I'm not saying that they won the game on merit whatsoever, I especially also said that if Barry doesn't give away that goal at the end, we tie this game. However as a club, Everton did fuck all to score a goal (besides Mirallas' shot) so we didn't deserve anything on merit either. Spurs were schooling our back 6 on counters, it was quite sad tbh

We should have come out with a point. However, I think that this game shows one very important thing: McCarthy is the key to our success and Martinez screwed it up by starting a poor Gareth Barry who was miles from being match fit. I would have even preferred Osman in a similar role as we did against Wolfsburg instead of having a not-so-ready Barry.

:huh: what are you whittling on about his time?

We had no control in midfield, who was missing? I know I'm asking a lot here, but try putting 2 + 2 together.

Every time we lose and McCArthy doesn't play it's because of that.... It really is laughable.

What the hell would McCArthy have contributed to in terms of breaking Tottenham down? We were absolutely toothless in the final third. That was the problem. We controlled the game - look at the possession stats

Edited by MC11

Every time we lose and McCArthy doesn't play it's because of that.... It really is laughable.

What the hell would McCArthy have contributed to in terms of breaking Tottenham down? We were absolutely toothless in the final third. That was the problem. We controlled the game - look at the possession stats

Could have checked Kane who was their best player on the field.

We do miss McCarthy. No doubt. Same as when Mirallas is out, we miss him. For different reasons, of course, but these guys are solid players for us.

I think if McCarthy was fit, Barry wouldn't have played today. I don't think Martinez can handle the thought of both McCarthy and Barry missing, hence Barry being pushed back in.

Guest millwallforever

MC11, everyone knows you are an unabashed partisan for Gibbo. Your digs at McCarthy are by default bonus points added to the account of the useless Man Utd reject. Spurs cut through our midfield too easily on occasions, partly because Barry looked half pissed and Besic is still learning. McCarthy would have made a huge difference.

:doh:

Moyes got slaughtered for playing Barkley out wide, but Roberto escapes much of that criticism. Not from me, he's an idiot for persisting with it. It's clear as fucking day how wrong it is.

Can't help feeling the reason he doesn't bother to build the team around Barkley is he is resigned to the fact he will probably be sold in the summer,

MC11, everyone knows you are an unabashed partisan for Gibbo. Your digs at McCarthy are by default bonus points added to the account of the useless Man Utd reject. Spurs cut through our midfield too easily on occasions, partly because Barry looked half pissed and Besic is still learning. McCarthy would have made a huge difference.

It's really not. It's the quite ridiculous claims that we lose games because he's not playing. It happens every time he's out and we lose. But he's never to blame when we lose with him on the pitch.

The worst we've played defensively this season (Chelsea at home) he was a major contributor. The fact is I don't rate him as "the best player in the team" people actually do rate him as that on here. I see him for what he is a solid but average ability defensive midfielder.

Guest millwallforever

Guess you only see what you want to see. Besic was a hotchpotch of atrocious decision-making, poor positioning, excellent reading of the game, and sublime passing.

Besic seen leaving White Hart Lane

Definitely, possession "helps" you get a foothold on a game but many times have a team like Mourinhos old Chelsea teams given up possession in exchange for quick counters and goal scoring opportunities. I'm not saying that they won the game on merit whatsoever, I especially also said that if Barry doesn't give away that goal at the end, we tie this game. However as a club, Everton did fuck all to score a goal (besides Mirallas' shot) so we didn't deserve anything on merit either. Spurs were schooling our back 6 on counters, it was quite sad tbh

we are not Mourinhos Chelsea though are we. Martinez isn't Mourinho and we are not Chelsea so we cannot affor that luxury unfortunately so I don't really get your comparison tbh.

Fact remains that they deserved just s little out the game as us. We made two mistakes and gave them their goals if you think that warrents them deserving 3 points then that's your opinion but with all our posession I think to say we deserved nothing is seriously harsh. Second half they done nothing literally nothing. If we had nicked one would you also say we deserved nothing?

Just because we didn't create openings to score doesn't mean we deserve to lose. It's the reason we lost and thats just the way it is, tough shit we couldn't score and that's that. But on the balance of play if we deserved something from that game.

Spurs fan that I work with phoned for a wind up.

Amongst other things he did point out that was Spurs best performance this season.

I don't think a draw would have been too unfair to be honest.I don't think I've seen Coleman get as much of the ball as he did today, but really didn't use it.Baines was better when Pienaar was at his best, so we better get used to that one.

The squad today with the addition of Stones, Naismith and McCarthy is surely going to beat most opponents.

Spurs clicked, but except for a mistake or two from us wouldn't have beaten us.