IGNORED

Spurs

markjazzbassist

I guess that there is a few years of watching the game before you realise how players like McCarthy allow us to carry players like mirallas. In his role and position there are few equals to McCarthy. If that needs explanation then it's a waste of time doing so.

Mate I'm not interested in your view, we've covered this ground many a time. You don't get the Ballon d'or for working hard. Think about that - limited footballer.

Guest rusty747

Not going to argue with you MC. You are entitled to your pov but I think most fans will feel differently. Jimmy Mac has a terrific engine and is great at snuffing out danger. We are a much better team with him playing. But we should still have enough to see Spurs off today.

Edited by rusty747

Baines has been top class this season imo. Better than McCarthy who I thought had a bad start to the season. Coleman has just been injured a lot.

Baines has been ok but I miss the Baines/Pienaar partnership when it was at its best. We got more out of Baines then. Yes Coleman has been injured a lot so hopefully we will see more of him now.

McCarthy had a bad start to the season, true and so did Everton. I think they are linked which goes to show how important McCarthy is to this Everton.

Saying that mirallas is a better player than McCarthy is like saying a 50 inch flat screen tv is more important than the bricks that make up the house. Without McCarthy we are weak in midfield

Why don't you just admit he's your "favourite" player because he's not even close to being the best footballer