IGNORED

Spurs

markjazzbassist

One of those days where absolutely nothing goes our way. Total shit. We didn't play terribly. We were a bit sluggish, I suppose. But, every little bounce, close offsides, and HANDBALL went against us.

I have to disagree, how can you not classify that performance as playing terribly. Distin/Barry were pathetic. Coleman/Baines were invisible most of the game. Osman/McGeady did fuck all as subs. Howard's first save was poor. Besic is reckless, I could go on and on I think but I'll stop it there

I don't agree with this sorry Shukes. Fire power is fine we've got very good players in those positions Mirallas, Barkley, Lukaku, Eto'o. We could do with one additional quality wide player.

Central midfield and centre half for me. No creativity from the middle of the park.

Ye I mean more that creative player to create openings. Not sure we had a clear cut chance today.

hidden problems there. spurs sat back and let us pass yhrough the back four. too many players with back to goal. there is always a worldbeater that comes around once in a while. they have amazing technique but you dont know where to play them and the team plays better withoith them..... BARKLEY!!!

Agree with this.

We should be building a team around Barkley not trying to fit him in.

Tbf, Kane tried buying a penalty by wrapping his leg around Besic's. Mo was just running with him and didn't dive in or do anything rash, which I was fully expecting!

Talking about the whole game... See earlier pages. Without the ball he's rash and erratic. Liability for me. Neat player on the ball but I don't trust him sitting in there.

No it wouldn't though! why do people still listen to the shite that wing backs can't push on without two sitters.... It's complete bollocks. Two of the best full backs in history (Cafu & Carlos) still got forward with one anchorman. It never hurt them! If you listened to most Evertonians it's as though attacking fullbacks only came into the game through Coleman & Baines.

I agree, but the more cover you have the more often they can push up and the higher they can play. It makes a lot more sense to deploy two sitting if youre going to play with two wing backs playing mostly in the oppositions half dosnt it?

WE HAVE GOT TO BE MORE DIRECT. There was one incident where the ball was put out to Coleman with no defender within 20 yards of him, just to the right of the Spurs penalty area. He miscontrolled it, passed it back to Barry who passed it back to Jagielka who was 20 yards inside our half. No wonder we don't get many shots on goal.

Tbf, Kane tried buying a penalty by wrapping his leg around Besic's. Mo was just running with him and didn't dive in or do anything rash, which I was fully expecting!

Fucking commentator saying that was a penalty, the complete twat. Embarrassing on his behalf. What has the game come to?

Pah!

We didn't play with enough intensity or pace. Spurs did and they out fought and out thought us. They deserve the 3 points.

But for the first time in a while I am feeling really frustrated. We need to learn that we can't play at this slow tempo. I like the way we play in general and I like the idea of keep ball. But when attacking, it only works if we do so with pace and aggression. All to often we play the ball backwards when we should be on the ascendency.

I don't think Eto'o and Barkley work. They both want the middle too much. Great players, but not together.

I'll criticise Martinez for the subs. Osman on? When chasing the game and needing more natural width? Not on that.

Lukaku was fairly quiet but for once I don't blame him. We didn't do enough to stretch their back line, so he had too many defenders around him.

Our starting line up is strong. We just need to turn it up a notch or two.

Until next week...shag this off!

Wow at some of the comments on here.

We absolutely dominated that half and no way did we deserve nothing from that game. We deserved at least a point.

I keep saying this but I'll say it again. We don't create any chances. We have loads of possesion, we push forward we pass it pretty we have the lions share of the game but we just dont create.

Barkley can fuck right off he's a greedy little bastard. Alls he is interested in is turning it into the Ross Barkley show. Absolutely no interest in being a team player. Same age (practically) as Liukaku but gets a constant walk over because he's good with the ball at his feet. Load of fucking bollocks. Potential world class? :lol:

We gifted them two goals today and it cost us the game. Neville hit it right on the head. No drive, no punch no desire just sideways too slow.

Mcgeady was shocking did Osman get a kick.

Martinez got the subs wrong.

End of.

See you at Hull Wednesday.

Talking about the whole game... See earlier pages. Without the ball he's rash and erratic. Liability for me. Neat player on the ball but I don't trust him sitting in there.

He was, I can't defend him for the game as a whole.

I do think that once he's used to the speed of the PL and stops trying to impress every time he touches the ball that he'll be absolutely fine.

We absolutely dominated that half and no way did we deserve nothing from that game. We deserved at least a point.

I keep saying this but I'll say it again. We don't create any chances. We have loads of possesion, we push forward we pass it pretty we have the lions share of the game but we just dont create.

Barkley can fuck right off he's a greedy little bastard. Alls he is interested in is turning it into the Ross Barkley show. Absolutely no interest in being a team player. Same age (practically) as Liukaku but gets a constant walk over because he's good with the ball at his feet. Load of fucking bollocks. Potential world class? :lol:

We gifted them two goals today and it cost us the game. Neville hit it right on the head. No drive, no punch no desire just sideways too slow.

End of.

How many vodkas you had Paddock?

Tbh I think we lost because there was no packets of crisps on the pitch.

End of.

Dominated? Mate the only thing we dominated was the number of calamities we had... and possession. But what did we do with that possession? Besides that Barkley through pass to Coleman, fuck all with it

Guest millwallforever

If that was a penalty, then my grandma is Pope. The graceless pimpleface got his legs entangled into those of Besic.

Fucking commentator saying that was a penalty, the complete twat. Embarrassing on his behalf. What has the game come to?

How many vodkas you had Paddock?

Tbh I think we lost because there was no packets of crisps on the pitch.

I've not had a drop.

First half we were fine, we scored then went to pieces gave them two goals.

Second half we absolutely dominated the game the possession stats were ridiculous but as per usual not a fucking chance created. Colemans one and that was it. What does Barkley do MC? Run and dribble then eventually run straight into someone because he wont pass the fucking thing then when he does he usually pssses it to the opposition.

I know I'm going to get dog piled but I'm not arsed. Barkley is a greedy bastard and is only interested in making himself look good. It'll come with age though apparently, he's going to all of a sudden learn how to be a 100 million pounds player.

Mhe'll get nowhere near it mate and I guarantee this wont end up in the vaults :)

No way did they deserve all 3 points today.

Oh and I don't drink vodka incase you were thinking of getting me a bottle for xmas :P

We deserved something from the game but didn't create chances? That makes a shit load of sense!

We deserved something because we had so much possesion, Tottenham done fuck all second half except try and hit us on the break. We deserved a point soley on our total domination of the second half. We didn't get one because of our lack of ability to create chances.

Pah!

We didn't play with enough intensity or pace. Spurs did and they out fought and out thought us. They deserve the 3 points.

But for the first time in a while I am feeling really frustrated. We need to learn that we can't play at this slow tempo. I like the way we play in general and I like the idea of keep ball. But when attacking, it only works if we do so with pace and aggression. All to often we play the ball backwards when we should be on the ascendency.

I don't think Eto'o and Barkley work. They both want the middle too much. Great players, but not together.

I'll criticise Martinez for the subs. Osman on? When chasing the game and needing more natural width? Not on that.

Lukaku was fairly quiet but for once I don't blame him. We didn't do enough to stretch their back line, so he had too many defenders around him.

Our starting line up is strong. We just need to turn it up a notch or two.

Until next week...shag this off!

I agree with this. A couple of other points:

I think I was wrong about Lukaku. I can't blame the guy when he gets no service, and when he does, it is a pass with his back to the goal with four opposing shirts standing around him. This team needs some creativity going forward to open some space for him.

Eto'o and Barkley step on each other's toes. Would like to see Eto'o come on as a sub for either Barkley or Lukaku with about 30 minutes left. I think he plays best that way.

As far as Roberto goes, I'm starting to think there is a gap between his preferred style and the styles of the players he has. We didn't even threaten the keeper until we had to be more direct in the last 5 to 8 minutes of the game. This side to side stuff is pretty but it hasn't resulted in enough chances in my opinion.

Players play, so they deserve blame too. I thought we were outworked today and that's unusual for us. It didn't look like a cohesive side.

Dominated? Mate the only thing we dominated was the number of calamities we had... and possession. But what did we do with that possession? Besides that Barkley through pass to Coleman, fuck all with it

You've just said yourself we dominated possesion. I've said we don't create chances but just because it never fell for us or we struggled to create anything doesn't mean Tottenham deserved to win. We gave them two goals other than that they done fuck all. They hardly deserved 3 points out of it.

We deserved something because we had so much possesion, Tottenham done fuck all second half except try and hit us on the break. We deserved a point soley on our total domination of the second half. We didn't get one because of our lack of ability to create chances.

I assume you think Wolfsburg deserved a point on Thursday then? Because they had all the possession and the only think we looked to do was hit them on the break.

Possession means shag all if you don't create. We didn't create so deserved nothing from the game. There has to be purpose to possession, a plan, an idea. We had none of those things.