IGNORED

Spurs

markjazzbassist

Remember the free kick, but I don't remember him being that dominant. Running the ball yes, but being effective not so much.

Everyone sees it different mate but I thought he was absolute class in both games. Stood out head and shoulders in their side amongst some very good players.

Defo Rodriguez...De Bruyne didn't do much in the home game that I can remember? Was beat player on the pitch in the away game though

It obviously was then. Apologies for my mis-information.

Regardless of the fact I think he is brilliant and would link up with Lukaku like a dream and is just the type of player we need regardless of if we sold Barkley. We can't afford him as we stand if we sold Barkley se could and should go for him imo.

Sure. But IMO most of the financial stability will come from some savvy marketing. As has been reflected in another thread, dropping Chang as a sponsor and getting a better distributor. I would kill for an American sponsor on the shirt.

A forward looking American sponsor would be fantastic. Everton has a significant following in the States and the TV contracts here are going to get more lucrative.

It was De Bruyne wasn't it? If not then I apologise and stand corrected. However, still doesn't take away the fact the lad imo is a class act and looked very, very good Thursday.

Nah, it was the Swiss lad, Rodrigues. He was their best player in that game and deserved the goal.

De Bruyne was good the other night, easily their best player, but he was also guilty of the things you say about Barkley - not getting his head up, being greedy, making it all about him. Not to mention he must have shot about 10 times from ridiculous distances instead of passing to a team mate.

Why is that? Because that's what all players like De Bruyne and Barkley do, I.e. Young players still learning what they should and shouldn't do.

Nah, it was the Swiss lad, Rodrigues. He was their best player in that game and deserved the goal.

De Bruyne was good the other night, easily their best player, but he was also guilty of the things you say about Barkley - not getting his head up, being greedy, making it all about him. Not to mention he must have shot about 10 times from ridiculous distances instead of passing to a team mate.

Why is that? Because that's what all players like De Bruyne and Barkley do, I.e. Young players still learning what they should and shouldn't do.

I think he's head and shoulders above Barkley personally. Admittedly I've not seen massive amounts of him but he does lift his head up and likes to pick a pass from what I've seen and also knows when to release a ball.

Will Barkley learn that? Probably in bits but I just don't think he is even close to the player many would like him to be.

As always I hope I'm wrong on that but I doubt it.

Tbh lads if McCarthy was playing we would have won 18-0.

Or maybe not conceded 2 goals... Or maybe had more of the ball hence more opportunities for your poster boy mirallas and co to do the stuff they can't when the other team has the ball.

Edited by Hafnia

Totally agree. I also don't buy into this "he's young he'll learn" way of thinking. The lads a good player of that there is no doubt but he's a greedy fucker and he is more concerned with Ross Barkley than he is the team. I don't think that will change I think he is just that type of player.

I also don't think he is anywhere near as good as some make him out to be. He's hardly set the world alight since he came back.

Lukaku gets relentlessly slaughtered for his failings yet he's practically the same age yet Barkley is consistently given a walk over for consistanly under performing because he runs at teams. The end product of both players is similar. They both usually lose the ball.

Big difference between learning how to do something and learning not when to do something.

Learning how to do something is much harder than knowing when not to do something. Barkley just needs to learn not when to do things.

Or maybe not conceded 2 goals... Or maybe had more of the ball hence more opportunities for your poster boy mirallas and co to do the stuff they can't when the other team has the ball.

More of the ball? We had 61% of it away from home at Spurs. We didn't need more of the ball. McCarthy is not going to stop Barry being a complete loon and losing the ball in his own half.

We lacked a cutting edge in the final third... That's very evident and that's not something McCarthy can do.

Spurs pressed us high and hard. That was the main reason we conceded the two goals.

Edited by MC11

Was driving home from the holidays, listened to the match on Everton radio and synods was livid with jags and distin. Kept saying how Kane was tearing them to shreds in pockets of space and how bad their defense was. Also said we were terrible and passed around with no end result or real shots. Said we missed naisy today.

Pissed off, we need to win at hull.

Was driving home from the holidays, listened to the match on Everton radio and synods was livid with jags and distin. Kept saying how Kane was tearing them to shreds in pockets of space and how bad their defense was. Also said we were terrible and passed around with no end result or real shots. Said we missed naisy today.

Pissed off, we need to win at hull.

We certainly missed Naismiths movement. He's become a huge player.

We missed James McCarthy - there was no energy at all in midfield, near every newspaper commentator has gone a long with that.

We did miss him. But that's not to say we're only a good side when he plays - which is what you're trying say deep down.

Besic and more so Barry were terrible yesterday... Barry has been shite all season tbh.

I don't agree that Barry has been shit all season he had a bad game yesterday due to fitness RM should have put him on for the last 20 mins but it was not just his mistake that cost dear old tim could have done a lot better with the first goal.

an earlier comment said ossie should have played from the start i agree i also remember people on this site saying ossie was finished and never want to see him selected again. not easy being a manager.

on the barkley debate there are no good midfielders i can recall who had not established themselves and been a regular first

teamer at 20 years old. He has learnt all he going to learn.

I don't agree that Barry has been shit all season he had a bad game yesterday due to fitness RM should have put him on for the last 20 mins but it was not just his mistake that cost dear old tim could have done a lot better with the first goal.

an earlier comment said ossie should have played from the start i agree i also remember people on this site saying ossie was finished and never want to see him selected again. not easy being a manager.

on the barkley debate there are no good midfielders i can recall who had not established themselves and been a regular first

So everyone wants to sell Barkley now lol. He's learnt all he'll learn... Ok mate. The lad was one of the better players yesterday. He's been played out of position for the majority of time he's been back!

Yesterday he and Eto'o were hugging the same position... Although Barkley was seemingly told to operate on the right,he kept drifting back into his natural position. That's RM's fault.

I actually can't believe the lads getting stick. He's still raw and the more games he gets under his belt the better he'll get. He's 21 FFS and way ahead of the majority of our players. To suggest he won't improve is ridiculous.

Osman has done well and I agree he should have played over Barry yesterday. The central midfield pairing was a shambles.

I just really want to see McCarthy and Gibson get a run of games together. I honestly see that as being a very balanced partnership.

Guest millwallforever

Gibson will be gone in January. He's got no future here. A team like Birmingham would be right down his alley.

It's just not going to happen, Gibson isn't capable of staying fit for long enough by the looks.

Most 20 year old midfielders didn't lose 2 years development

I have only seen Ross on the TV games so maybe not fair to make a judgement - but I will. He has fantastic balance, pace and strength. He hits a good long pass accurately. His problem, it appears to me, is that he doesn't know WHEN to pass it. Sometimes he passes too early and (more often) too late. Also, he is not a brilliant header of the ball. The passing problem will be solved through experience, the heading wont but not that important.

in reply to MC11 im not getting on the lads back im just pointing out hes not the player the press and media make out he is

you know they hype everything off the planet as for yesterdays game again no end product and at the age of 20/21 you have the killer pass you have the vision and he has not, hes full of skill and enthusiasm but that's not enough. I also never said anything about selling him but hes not EFC answer to the next best thing this is why RM and hodgeson with England use him very sparingly.

as for marcopaulo 2 years out or not if the vision is not there its not going to come now

Guest millwallforever

Ross is to Everton

What Koba was to the Bolsheviks

A born leader

Trotsky belittled Koba

You belittle Ross

Ice pick through Trotsky's head

whereas the detractors of Ross

shall be struck by lightening

Seriously: Barkley is the last player I would sell. Our team must be built around this great man. He is truly special, and knowing that he plays for us and no one else is a fact for which we must be grateful to providence.

When Zidane was 24, the scouts of Newcastle were adamant that he was not good enough for the Premier League...

Edited by millwallforever