IGNORED

Seriously

click here

Seriously now, what the captain cook does this lad bring to a game?

OK, he's huge so surely headers (& jostling defenders) are his fortay ala Duncan? I've seen him for England (& the shite) & he does neither of those things at all, in fact his heading is shit.

Ok, ok, his skils on the ball then?

Again, I've seen him for England & poo heads but neither time does he look like a player who's gonna hurt an opposition by SKILL alone, he looks alright on theball but HE IS NOT going to beat players and score.

so that leaves me with what?

nothing thats what!!!!

Hence I ask again, Y the captain cook does he get a game for the shite & England & Y do players (like the welsh midget) keep coming out saying he brings something different to our game! Something different alright he shouldn't even be a pro!

Grr, he grates me because for the life of me I cannot see how he has made it as a footy player, a window cleaner who doesn't need a ladder, yes but not a footy player. & it annoys me just as much when players/managers come out and defend it. just come out and say I don'y know why LfC signed him he's shite, I don't why he gets a game for England cos he's shite, please be honest, U twats!

ahem sorry this has been doing my head (obviously)!

Discuss!

"He's the type of player who can hurt certain defences" said Owen.

what defences? the only one i know is RS last year.

got to agree with DRS he is shite!

I agree - I cant get my around his signing - why would the RS sign him - but then they did sign zenden - who is okay - but not good enough for the RS fans expectation of mounting a title bid! :D

I aint no football genius - If I was I would be wearing a blue shirt every saturday and scoring goals for fun in the gwladys street end - but I have been to years of games and can tell when someone is shite....

cue Brett Angell - the guy was a waste of time, and apart from cleaning boots he was shit at EVERYTHING. Crouch is no different and I cant bring myself to support him in an england shirt - its just impossible because he is keeping a genuinely good player out of the team and the knock effect is that another good player is not making the squad etc.etc.

He can be employed to clean the crap off the flood lights - but thats all.

Look...if a fellow professional is asked about another professional, they are not going to turn round and say he is shit, its just not done. Its just the same as a doctor wouldnt criticize another doctor.

So whoever came out with that saying first, has saved a lot of red faces for those who have been asked about him since. Nobody has ever said that he is a great player and deserves to be in the England squad, they just come out with the usual...............

"He brings something different to the game, and gives other options"..........in other words he's fecking useless, but i cant actually say that.

What he really brings to RS and benitez, England and Erickson, is a severe case of EMBARRASSMENT.

How much did RS pay for him,?? Houlier never made such a bad buy as that........................or did he. :D

Edited by toffeelicker

Gotta disagree with bits there licker, he cost Ericksonn nothing. 0, nada! He's only getting picked cos Ericksonn being the typical kinda foreign spineless manager looks at Benitez in EU & thinks he knows what he's doing (justifiably in EU) & thinks I'll have someone he's got and is on about, cue Lampost, sorry, beanpole, sorry Lanky legs, Rrrr you know who I mean, that tall ugly twat, plays (ha) for the shite,. aha I knew enough bollox would take me back to my point, Sven he plays for the shite........"Then he plays for sure"!!

I ain't for one monent saying BT for England but compare his record goals per min is much much better, U go figure.

Columbo? Columbooooooooooooooo!!!!

He's fookin needed here n all!

Edited by DRS_LUvs_da_Blues

Guest fozzie22

crouch is a brilliant player..wish we had him

/sarcasm mode off :D

You guys are right. Crouch is a poor header of the ball. For his height, he should win more headers.

Secondly, he brings more to the game than being only a target man, unlike Duncan. Whether you agree or not, he does. He brings the midfield into play very well and holds the ball up quite decently.

His avantage and disadvantage is his height. The disadvantage is that, defenders can be a bit more heavy, tackling and jumping up for headers and the referee wont notice it. Its natural. Crouch has to deal with it, till his career finishes.

From the national teams perspective, he DOES offer something different. Owen and Defoe offer speed and the ability to go past defenders. Rooney, good body strength, brings the midfield into play quite well, but no one gives aerial prowess. Crouch does that. He has decent feet as well.

My problem with Crouch is that, he rarely attacks crosses. He tries to head them with his ear (atleast it looks that way). He stands at the edge of the oppositions box, when he should be in the 6 yard one. His calf muscles are non existant and it is clear that the coaches and him are working on it. He made it a point to attack the goal (in our last match against Villa in the short spell he was on). He made a great chance for Morientes and also won a penalty.

Yes. He looks gangly and is surely rough on the edges. But once he gets it right, he will cause all defenders a lot of trouble and i am pretty sure that he will score a lot of goals. Its just a matter of time.

Edited by xavier

xavier...............Just like the media who wont come straight out and say he's crap, you are doing the same. here are two statements from your post.

........ "You guys are right. Crouch is a poor header of the ball." then you go on to say ..............." but no one gives aerial prowess. Crouch does that."

How can he give arial prowess if he is a poor header of the ball.????

You go on to say ...... "But once he gets it right, he will cause defenders a lot of trouble"

Contradiction in abundance there mate, and dont you think you should have waited till he had got it right, before paying How much was it for him.????

I can understand you trying to defend him, being an RS, but just reading between the lines of your so called defence of him, really shows that you dont think much of him either.

He is a very poor player for the amount of money you laid out.

Nope. What i meant was that, he is a poor header of the ball for his height. He destroyed Betis, won all headers and flicked them on to the midfielders, quite well.

I also said, that there is room for improvement. And so, when he will get it right..blah blah blah.

He isnt worth 7 million, sure. But obviously Rafa has something in his mind and Peter is a part of the plan. If we get ourselves Gonzales and a right winger by summer time, Crouch and Nando will score a lot, IMO.

Edit:- For the national team, there is no forward who gives aerial ability. Rooney, Owen and Defoe dont. So Crouch being in the squad is warranted. In the starting eleven, surely not. Maybe as a sub, till he improves on his overall play.

But those who think that he is shit, are surely mistaken. His 7 million pricetag...we spent a bit high on him but then again he is english. He wont come cheap. Id rather have him for 7 million rather than Andy Johnson for 10.

Edited by xavier

Nope. What i meant was that, he is a poor header of the ball for his height. He destroyed Betis, won all headers and flicked them on to the midfielders, quite well.

I also said, that there is room for improvement. And so, when he will get it right..blah blah blah.

He isnt worth 7 million, sure. But obviously Rafa has something in his mind and Peter is a part of the plan. If we get ourselves Gonzales and a right winger by summer time, Crouch and Nando will score a lot, IMO.

Edit:- For the national team, there is no forward who gives aerial ability. Rooney, Owen and Defoe dont. So Crouch being in the squad is warranted. In the starting eleven, surely not. Maybe as a sub, till he improves on his overall play.

But those who think that he is shit, are surely mistaken. His 7 million pricetag...we spent a bit high on him but then again he is english. He wont come cheap. Id rather have him for 7 million rather than Andy Johnson for 10.

Firstly - nice joke xavier - but it has been going for decades - and was first about Dalgleish and Rush - coz' they were both ugly tits.

Crouch's place in the england squad is NOT warranted I'm afraid and I doubt that he will start against the argies - hes not quick enough, hasn't got the skill and cant read a ball very well.

Against Betis - what are you talking about - Spanish defences NEVER challenge for the ball in the air - they let you have it and then mop up the shit afterwards.

Rafa is struggling to come to terms with the English game - he simply hasn't sorted his tactics yet.

Back to Flagpole (Er...Crouch) - please don't compare him to Dunc - hes not half the player that dunc is - and his 'foot' skills aren't better than Duncs either. (Anyone see his first touches against boro last week - superb!)

James Beattie - who is by all accounts - not very good! has scored with his head and is 6ft - Tim Cahill, a midfield maestro, 6ft, has scored with his head. Big Dunc, a legend and terrorist to all those in defence - has always scored with his head, knocks balls down with his head, knocks balls on with his head, always has defenders like Ferdinand in his pocket ...

Crouch...what has he actually done. The only thing I can remember that vagually got my attention was his turn against Carvaliho (CL vs Chelski) - but he ballooned the effort into row ZZ when the challenge came in.

Lets face the music for once.

Crouch is shit - everyone knows it, England, RS fans, Other fans, Non-football fans...everyone knows it!

Bookies are starting to take bets on WHEN and IF he will score this season - thats terrible and RS fans should be downright embarrased at this.

Rafa - this is the first step to houllierism that you have taken...

well done! You have signed the best defender that the opposition have ever had!

You guys are right. Crouch is a poor header of the ball. For his height, he should win more headers.

From the national teams perspective, he DOES offer something different. Owen and Defoe offer speed and the ability to go past defenders. Rooney, good body strength, brings the midfield into play quite well, but no one gives aerial prowess. Crouch does that. He has decent feet as well.

My problem with Crouch is that, he rarely attacks crosses. He tries to head them with his ear (atleast it looks that way). He stands at the edge of the oppositions box, when he should be in the 6 yard one.

Is it just me or is Xavier talking sh*t here? How can you be a "poor header of the ball" and "rarely attack crosses" yet bring "ariel prowess" to England?

Give it up you cant explain yourself, which means theres nothing to explain! Crouch brings nothing except fookin long sox :D

Why not James down the track then?....Seriously not now, but if he Bags 15+ Before seasons end ( Of which we many hope & or Expect), I 4 One can see him going?.

Gimme a half Fit Big Titted Hardoned "BT" over Crouch & think that's a fair criticiscm.

P.s Just In case any one forgot: Kopites are Gobshites.... :D:D:lol:

The sad fact is though, I cannot see sven dropping him from the squad, managers have a rather annoying habit of not admitting their mistakes and I think James has missed the boat.

I would rather have Heskey than crouch and I still think he has been used as a scape goat in the Euros due to svens tictac naiveties and his basic lack of bottle

P.S. I AGREE WITH PAT

I think its all come too late for James

Edited by Zed

Unless BT scores 20 this season he will not travel, how likely is that?

Possible..................... just not very  ;)

Right - I'm ending this thread by taking the bold step and saying...

Crouch is a lanky twat and should have trained as a tree surgeon.

Beattie is top quality and will be England's world cup hero - step aside shrek

nuff said,..... :)

Seems to me that the press pick the team, not Sven. Think he just picks up his copy of "the Beano" on a Saturday morning, has a quick glance at page three then copies out their starting XI off the back page..I could do that!! (though I'd buy a proper paper and make more logical substitutions)

in my eyes Crouch was a great buy for liverpool..... a waste of 7m thats less money for other good players !!! :angry:

Yeah but the great Shrek said that he made a big difference to the team when he came on because he 'offered something different'....

Owens goal (the third goal) was apparently (according to my RS mates) due to Crouch taking out the nearest defender when they all jumped for the ball....

Bollox. what a load of shit - it doesn't matter how you dress it up, how you disguise it - Shit will always smell like shit!

Owens goal (the third goal) was apparently (according to my RS mates) due to Crouch taking out the nearest defender when they all jumped for the ball....

He actually got close to taking Owen off the ball!! His only other contribution was a dolly drop lob which only Rooney's brilliant control (God thats difficult to say) created a chance from.