IGNORED

Calling all Everton/Premier League Fans

daib0

Hi everyone,

My friend Clyde (admin on “Royals Rendezvous”) is petitioning the FA and Premier League to require Premier League club to offer fans free away travel to matches - before hopefully expanding to the Football League and cup competitions. The main aim is that the increased TV money isn't spent on player's wages.

See here

Recently, the Premier League announced a new television deal showing an increase of 71% on the previous deal. With this massive increase in revenue for the clubs - they should be able to offer away fans free travel to away matches without increasing ticket prices.

Ticket prices are already too high and put people off travelling to the games. Including the travel with the match ticket would enable more people to be able to travel to matches - especially younger people, who may not be able to travel to matches otherwise.

In Germany, away travel is included as part of the match ticket - and is subsidised by the clubs.

Some Premier League clubs, such as Stoke City, have already implemented a free away travel scheme for their supporters. Stoke started the scheme for the 2013-14 season and saw a 26% increase on away attendances for like-for-like matches when compared to the previous season. This shows how well this can work. Additionally, the increased away ticket money would offset the cost of the transport to the games.

The Premier League should force clubs to offer free away travel - as part of the rules of the league. This could, later, be expanded for Premier League sides playing in the FA and League Cups, as well as Championship sides.

Please take a second out and give a hand …

problem is we can't get away tickets it's the same people year in year out, something needs to change.

How do you mean can't get tickets it's the same people etc?

Iget tickets no problem to the few I go to and the "same people" you refer to support the club EVERY year and follow them everywhere, why shouldn't they get a ticket first?

I fully expect and agree with a fan who goes every away game getting a ticket before I do and if it means me not getting one I understand and agree with it.

That's all if I read your post correctly.

What I'm saying is at the start of the season everyone should be on a level pegging but what they do is carry on from the previous season with the credits.

so tell me how are you supposed to get credits to qualify, I'm not against our support its possibly the best in the country.

The last game away that I attended I bought the ticket off a supporter who got the credits but was not going and I got 2 tickets.

And so they should. They went all season last season they should get priority this. Clubs should support their loyalist fans.

Youcan get tickets still I pay £20 a year and I'm in an away travel club I always get a ticket for any away game I want. In a way I'm a cheeky fucker cos I only want to do the local-ish aways .

Fact is if I'd followed us home and away for years not missing a game and I missed out on a ticket because loads of part time away goers(like myself) all jumped on tickets to say United away (or a big game) I'd be furious

And so they should. They went all season last season they should get priority this. Clubs should support their loyalist fans.

Youcan get tickets still I pay £20 a year and I'm in an away travel club I always get a ticket for any away game I want. In a way I'm a cheeky fucker cos I only want to do the local-ish aways .

Fact is if I'd followed us home and away for years not missing a game and I missed out on a ticket because loads of part time away goers(like myself) all jumped on tickets to say United away (or a big game) I'd be furious

I agree. Sad fact is that away ticket allocation is a fraction of what it used to be. There used to be an away end and a home end (terraces) but now away supporters are invariably tucked away in a corner somewhere and many teams still struggle to sell their allocation.

I'd love to be able to get tickets for games that are reachable for me (eg Swansea) but not at the expense of a hard core regular away fan.

Strangely enough I must have seen Everton sixty or seventy times before I first visited Goodison!

Loyalist or most loyal :P

I get both sides of the argument, and sadly agree that those who do go to every game should get priority. However, that means the chances of getting into this group of prioritized supporters is incredibly limited, because you'll never get a ticket to be considered "more loyal" (don't agree with the wording but I know what you mean). Just got to take the chances you are given regarding tickets :)

Made up I got some tickets for Thursday :)

Edited by Matt

is your travel club with everton ?

No mate it's just affiliated with Everton I think so anyway tbh I'm not even sure. It's like an invite only supporters club you pay your fees (£20 for the year per person) and the lad who runs it just texts you "taking names for Stoke and names for coach as well" or whatever game it is.

I don't ask for every game like but I've never not gotten tickets every time I've asked (just got Stoke tickets well told I had mine and my boys guaranteed today as it happens) so for£20 a season for a part time away fan like myself it's well worth it.

You just fillaform out and put your season ticket number on the form and you get creditted for the away games like normal. We got free travel for the Palace game from the club (although I never went) it's ideal for me as someone who has seen Everton play all over Europe in my younger days but wouldn't bother with the aways these days with work and family commitments only for getting his young boys into it.

Loyalist or most loyal :P

I get both sides of the argument, and sadly agree that those who do go to every game should get priority. However, that means the chances of getting into this group of prioritized supporters is incredibly limited, because you'll never get a ticket to be considered "more loyal" (don't agree with the wording but I know what you mean). Just got to take the chances you are given regarding tickets :)

Made up I got some tickets for Thursday :)

I know what a loyalist is Matt ::rollingeyes:

I was just typing it quick on my break in work invetween bites of my butty.

Poor choice of words but a scouse way of saying it. Loyalists fans, most loyal, a loyalist supporter a lotal supporter etc etc

Edited by Paddock

I still fail to understand this. If we want to do things, we pay for them, right? To attend a sports game, home or away, we work, we earn, and we pay. Why ever should someone expect free travel to an away game? It's ludicrous.

Now, if Everton want to reward loyal home supporters by offering them benefits for traveling to away games, that's just fine - indeed, it's good business - but to expect the government or some governing board to do it is outrageous. The precedent it would set would bankrupt the country.

What am I missing here?

I still fail to understand this. If we want to do things, we pay for them, right? To attend a sports game, home or away, we work, we earn, and we pay. Why ever should someone expect free travel to an away game? It's ludicrous.

Now, if Everton want to reward loyal home supporters by offering them benefits for traveling to away games, that's just fine - indeed, it's good business - but to expect the government or some governing board to do it is outrageous. The precedent it would set would bankrupt the country.

What am I missing here?

Nothing you're mostly right. I think it's something people are looking to get put in place because they can't afford to go the away games. Football is really expensive these days and it's no lobger the "working mans game"

Mnot everyone can afford it which is a shame.

Nothing you're mostly right. I think it's something people are looking to get put in place because they can't afford to go the away games. Football is really expensive these days and it's no lobger the "working mans game"

Mnot everyone can afford it which is a shame.

And that's why Steven Naismith gives out tickets, right? Good on him.

If I was running a fan club, I'd work with bus companies to install neon advertising on their buses, so that advertising income could be used to subsidize fares to away games. Also, contact local businesses and give out bags of advertising materials to everyone on the bus - that would generate more income. Encourage local supermarkets to run frequent shopper programs, whereby they donate funds to the fan club based on the amount that shoppers buy in the store. This is how several local schools, including their sports teams, around here raise funds. Maybe individual members of the fan club would be willing to stick an advertisement on the back of their car in return for funds going to the fan club. All it needs is a little creativity.

If I was running a fan club, I'd work with bus companies to install neon advertising on their buses, so that advertising income could be used to subsidize fares to away games. Also, contact local businesses and give out bags of advertising materials to everyone on the bus - that would generate more income. Encourage local supermarkets to run frequent shopper programs, whereby they donate funds to the fan club based on the amount that shoppers buy in the store. This is how several local schools, including their sports teams, around here raise funds. Maybe individual members of the fan club would be willing to stick an advertisement on the back of their car in return for funds going to the fan club. All it needs is a little creativity.

Steve in, elstone out! Seriously though some good ideas and this creative thinking is what the club needs.

sounds a good scheme paddock I like it, before the season started I emailed a couple of supporters clubs only one got back to me and they said they don't do travel which I found a bit strange but there you go.

Thanks for the info.

Pm me if you're interested I'll ask the lad who runs it for you

It's not as simple as that though. Take ours for instance, sometimes the numbers for tickets are not high enough to justify a coach. Plenty of times lads in ours want to make their own way, London or other far away places people like to get the train it's quicker and more comfortable, the locals, it's cheaper for 5 to jump in a car and share the fuel.

He'll usually say "who wants tickets and who wants coach." If there's not enough for a coachhe'll just tell everyone to make alternative arrangements if there's enough he'll sort a coach. The more people to fill the coach the cheaper it is for the members. If there's 50 on a 72 seater they'll have to pay the cost of it if there's 72 it'll be less as each person pays a percentage of the price.

I know what a loyalist is Matt ::rollingeyes:

I was just typing it quick on my break in work invetween bites of my butty.

Poor choice of words but a scouse way of saying it. Loyalists fans, most loyal, a loyalist supporter a lotal supporter etc etc

i know mate, just too easy a wind up to pass up :)