IGNORED

Windows Media Player.

Bill

Having a bit of trouble getting my Music down to a memory Stick. I've loaded about 7 albums but when i try to get them onto a stick its nowhere to be seen.

If i click on "Burn" it asks me to insert a CD, when i click on cync it ask me to connect a device but wont recognise the memory stick. :dont know: any help would be appreciated cos i'm too long in the tooth for all this Techno stuff.

Click the thumbnails to enlarge

post-325-0-89225700-1425123915_thumb.jpg

post-325-0-94514000-1425124138_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bill

I believe you have to format the stick first then put your files on.

How do you do that Mark j b.

Have you tried a different USB port? Sometimes they're sniffy over which port they are plugged in to.

Just tried a couple more without any luck Louis. :crying smiley:

Is there anything i can download that will do the same Job as Windows Media Player.?

Edited by Bill

How do you do that Mark j b.

Just tried a couple more without any luck Louis. :crying smiley:

Is there anything i can download that will do the same Job as Windows Media Player.?

You could try this...

http://uk.real.com/

I've used that in the past and it's pretty good but if your PC isn't finding the memory sticks I don't think you'll be much better off. Sounds like a computer issue rather than a media player one.

Can you upload your own Cds and then burn them to a memory stick Mark. ?

Can definitely add your own CD's to the library, it's exactly like WMD and iTunes. But if it's a problem with your PC recognising your memory stick then it may not show up in Media Monkey when you connect it to your PC. But if it does show up then you just select the songs you want, right click and then go to Send To and choose the memory stick (if it's showed up).

If not then my best guess is to do what markjazzbassist suggested and format the memory stick (I can't help with that though!) and then try connecting it again.

Cheers Mate going to buy another stick as a last try, just dont want to drive around with loads of CDs. My latest car has the facility so i thought i might use it. i suppose an ipod would not show also. ???

Thanks to all those who offered help.

Cheers Mate going to buy another stick as a last try, just dont want to drive around with loads of CDs. My latest car has the facility so i thought i might use it. i suppose an ipod would not show also. ???

Thanks to all those who offered help.

An iPod would show up if you've got the Apple drivers installed. When I got rid of iTunes and switched to Media Monkey I didn't realise that at first and my iPod wouldn't show up when I connected it, but it was simple to sort out. I wouldn't use iTunes even though I love Apple products, it's really buggy.

Ok Lads, all sorted.

Pulled the PC out and used a spare at the back, should have done that earlier, Took it to the car to see if it was good to go and it was.

Put about seven Cds on in no time and i've still got 7GBs left, I'm amazed at all this new techno stuff, in about a weeks time i'll be walking about with about 50 CDs on my Key ring. Truly amazing. :huh:

Thanks to all the lads who put forward their suggestions.

Edited by Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Just give an update on my search,

I must have downloaded 7 or 8 music sites during my search, most of them charged for the music, those that were free came down with a load of adware, plus lots of shit, and wouldnt download to my library.

I investigated Youtube and found a site that converts anything on youtube to MP3 and downloads it to your PC.

Its so simple, get the url of anything you want to download and go here --> http://www.vidtomp3.com/ just follow the instructions and its done in about ten seconds. You dont have to download anything but your MP3. It might help other peeps to download their music for free with no adware.

Edited by Bill

But why pay for it if you can get it for free. ?

I've discovered so many bands through Spotify that I wouldn't have heard of, if it wasn't for some of their functions. For the equivalent of buying an album a month, having the "radio" generator for example, is great. You listen to a band, say start radio and it generates a random playlist of similar bands. You can like / dislike the songs as they come through too, so it learns.

Then theres the interactive playlist building with friends and family. Great fun, and another way of finding and sharing new music. Then theres the offline content (use on my phone only) which you can chop and change as you like, without memory sticks etc, meaning its easier to keep your music varied.

Just saves hassle, and has some great little tools to help discovering new music easy.

Edited by Matt

You just enter the name of the artist or band and it comes with dozens of options for Singles or Albums

I've downloaded 7 hours of music this morning, among that was 3 albums and 56 singles, and i was never refused once.

I think it was Mark who put me onto it and i'm glad he did.

Edited by Bill

Google - artist name, song title + free mp3. If you want an album - artist name, album title + rar or zip.

Sorted. No need for Spotify or any of that shit.

What if you don't know the song yet?

Spotify is a great tool for discovery, for simple playlist generation... Far from shit :)

What if you don't know the song yet?

Spotify is a great tool for discovery, for simple playlist generation... Far from shit :)

Then it's no help, but I don't use playlists to try and find new music, I get enough of it without needing Spotify etc.

Edit - and I wasn't saying Spotify is shit. It's an expression.

Edited by Romey 1878

Then it's no help, but I don't use playlists to try and find new music, I get enough of it without needing Spotify etc.

Edit - and I wasn't saying Spotify is shit. It's an expression.

I know :P

The radio function in Spotify has helped me immensely. Its not really a playlist, because it can be different each time you try it.

Anyway, like I said, for the price of an album a month I've got millions at my fingertips on phone or computer.