IGNORED

Women's World Cup

I can't quite nail down why I'm not interested in this.

It's not because it's women, I watch athletics occasionally.

It's not to do with on field quality, I watch all kinds of obscure and exotic international football if I find a stream (also, occasionally)

I find myself watching the Copa America on Youtube rather than the Women's World Cup. It just doesn't interest me and I just can't fathom why.

U.S. Win 1-0, win our group and on to the knockout round. draw is today or tomorrow I believe.

There is no draw, it's predetermined. You'll be playing the team that finishes third in either group B, E or F (not entirely sure how they decide which one but it's explained in section 28 here if you can be bothered to decipher it.

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/02/07/47/91/regulationsfwwccanada2015e_neutral.pdf

There is no draw, it's predetermined. You'll be playing the team that finishes third in either group B, E or F (not entirely sure how they decide which one but it's explained in section 28 here if you can be bothered to decipher it.

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/02/07/47/91/regulationsfwwccanada2015e_neutral.pdf

youre right mike just read it could be your england or colombia followed by china or cameroon in the quarterfinals. semis here we come!

good luck today mike to your ladies and to ours. barring a disaster should be wins for the both of us. can't believe brazil got ousted by australia, well played by the aussies.

Norway are a good team, 11th ranked and drew with Germany in the groups, no easy task for us. You should do Columbia without much trouble though.

us plays china tonight in the quarterfinals, this afternoon its france and germany. winners play one another.

luckily the US has lauren holiday on yellows suspended, she has been terrible and yet this coach keeps playing her. i'd like to see this tonight

solo

krieger johnston sauerbrunn klingenberg

o'reilly brian lloyd press

leyroux morgan

kill them with speed, no more long ball hoof with wambach. she can come on with 20 minutes left and head in a goal, we don't need to play that way for 90 minutes.

You will wake up a happy man mike. Tough match for you guys, the WC holders Japan are lethal. Very technical and fast, I hope your ladies beat them! Meanwhile we have the very technical Germans, cue the only phrase I learned when in Germany "ain beer bitte" got me what I needed :)

Edited by markjazzbassist

You will wake up a happy man mike. Tough match for you guys, the WC holders Japan are lethal. Very technical and fast, I hope your ladies beat them! Meanwhile we have the very technical Germans, cue the only phrase I learned when in Germany "ain beer bitte" got me what I needed :)

I actually got up to go to the loo at about 3.00am (happens when you get older) and my lad told be the result 'cause he stayed up to watch it. I'll be in Greece for the semi and the final so two 2,00am kick-offs. Might watch the final if we get there.

Why do Americans say "finals" (plural) when there's only one of them by definition; and call mathematics "math" (singular) when there are multiple branches of the subject. You're just strange.

Great questions mike. in our sports the finals are multiple matches. hockey, basketball, baseball, all have 7 game series. so they are in fact finals. we just generalize that to all sports. as far as math, we are lazy and mathematics sounds like a snobby englishman or something :fishing: only kidding. i just figured we shortened it so save printing ink on report cards and in books

big final (see what i did there) match tonight for your ladies and japan.

Edited by markjazzbassist