IGNORED

Women's World Cup

Not even close. I don't like it because it's shit. It's that simple.

It's light years ahead of what it was thirty/forty years ago Mark; the Cup Final was televised on occasion.....and if you think the current incarnation is bad you should've seen some of the stuff on offer back then. Comical. I'll see if I can find any video but it's probably all been burned, by the players most likely :D.

It's light years ahead of what it was thirty/forty years ago Mark; the Cup Final was televised on occasion.....and if you think the current incarnation is bad you should've seen some of the stuff on offer back then. Comical. I'll see if I can find any video but it's probably all been burned, by the players most likely :D.

It must have been horrific back then if what's on show now is that much better. If you find any video burn it yourself rather than show me :P.

romey and pad i think you don't like it because england sucks. if your nation was perennially 1 or 2 in the world and winning world cups, i'm sure you'd watch some matches.

Not even romotely close. It's absolute wank, nothing more nothing less.

Ifeel exactly the same about Everton ladies, I have absolutely no interest in it and would sooner wipe my arse with a broken bottle than watch it.

To put this in perspective I've just flicked it onto see the score, my 8 year old came walking in the living room, wrinkled his nose up and said " Dad, what are you doing watching womens football for?"

The look of disgust on his face is enoughto tell me I'm not wrong in my assumption.

Edited by Paddock

romey and pad i think you don't like it because england sucks. if your nation was perennially 1 or 2 in the world and winning world cups, i'm sure you'd watch some matches.

We're ranked sixth in the World so I don't see how that equates to "sucking" :huh:.

I'll watch a bit of it if I've nothing better to do, not as dismissive as the other guys. Shame there are no Everton players in the team for the first time in god knows how long; though there are several who've jumped ship to teams who are putting money into it now (eg Liverpool/City).

To put this in perspective I've just flicked it onto see the score, my 8 year old came walking in the living room, wrinkled his nose up and said " Dad, what are you doing watching womens football for?"

The look of disgust on his face is enoughto tell me I'm not wrong in my assumption.

But where (or who) did he get his opinion from Pad :lol:?

But where (or who) did he get his opinion from Pad :lol:?

:lol:

He's actually formed it himsef Mike, he watches youtube every day, football bloopers, great goals etc. he's 8 and he's already waffling on about foreign players I've never heard of and when I tell himI have no idea who they are he looks at me like I'm a martian.

He has asked me about womens football a few times and haspicked up on the goal keeping all by himself.

then skip the thread pad, i don't exist to provide you with info, i'm posting for those of us who are watching.

You're the one who dragged me into it accusing me of not liking it because they are not very good. This thread holds about as much interest to me as the "USA national team" thread.

The day I need you to inform me about football Mark is the day I hang my season ticket up mate.

I enjoy watching our USWNT, but we're also a really good squad. Say what you want about your women not being able to play. Ours can. :)

Not even remotely close to ability the men have.

Sorry Tonka mate, I appreciate it's your opinion and your perfectly entitled to it and I'm happy for you you enjoy it but the football being played is absolute shit on a stick.

Not even remotely close to ability the men have.

Sorry Tonka mate, I appreciate it's your opinion and your perfectly entitled to it and I'm happy for you you enjoy it but the football being played is absolute shit on a stick.

I see your point, but I'm not talking about men's football or the difference between men and women's football, but if we were, I'd argue that our women's team has been more fun to watch in the last year than Everton has been.

I see your point, but I'm not talking about men's football or the difference between men and women's football, but if we were, I'd argue that our women's team has been more fun to watch in the last year than Everton has been.

It's hardly ever fun watching Everton mate.